The best way to get to Machu Picchu is the Short Inca Trail, "the ancient Inca Trail" to the Puerta del Sol and Machu Picchu. People who walk the short Inca Trail have the privilege of visiting Machu Picchu twice, at the end of the day of their trek, and when they return to Machu Picchu the next day.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
- Private transportation
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 165262P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu on Tripadvisor
- How much is Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu?
- Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu price starts from $552.27. Discover and book Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu on Tripadvisor
- What is the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu cancellation policy?
- Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu?
- Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is hosted by New Adventures Peru. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact New Adventures Peru on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 165262P5
Reserve your spot
About the operator
New Adventures Peru
Joined in October 2018
#328 of 1,354 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
- 969thijsv00Inca Jungle trek 4D/3NWe booked the Inca Jungle Tour 4D/3N with Elvis from NewPeruAdventures in our Hostel. We only booked one day before the tour itself but everything was taken care off. He even arranged a short briefing with the tourguide the same night, so we could already meet him and get to know all the details. Very well organized trip, definitely recommend it. Also stayed in touch with Elvis via whatsapp during the trip when we had questions or concerns. He really put in a lot of afford to make sure everything was alright for us. Thanks!
- danielbN4YV00Rainbow Mountains PalccoyoWas searching for a tour to the alternative Rainbow Mountains Palccoyo. Found the new Adventures Peru Agency in a Facebook group I follow ("Quer durch Peru"). After checking the reviews here I contacted them via WhatsApp and booked the tour. Everthing was great. The tour (small group, good guide) and the Agency itself. I would have booked more tours there, if I had more days in Cusco.
- 40alindav00Daytrip to the Sacred ValleyThe tour was great, we had a very nice guide and went to all the places we wanted to visit in the sacred valley. There were a little more ‘touristy’ stops at shops etc. than we had expected, but we saw some really beautiful places and had a great day
- _victor_imbuzan00Booked 3 tours, everything was goodI booked the sacred valley, rainbow mountain and Salkantay transport. All 3 tours were without hassle, and everything was as discussed. Friendly and good communication.
- twisctid00Oh what a grand time!Well firstly I must say the process was incredibly easy. Everything was taken care of from Cusco to Machu Picchu and back. The guides are not just friendly but very knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend them!
- Landmarkin66600Great trek in Palcoyo with a lovely guideI got tipped by a fellow traveller about New Adventures Tours, and I’m very glad i booked my Palcoyo tour with them. The first encounter with Elvis at the office was great, and I got a good briefing about the day’s activities, as well as a good price. Punctual hotel pick up, and a beautiful car ride to Palcoyo, with a very funny and good guide (whose name I unfortunately can’t recall). Highly recommended!
- HannahGav00Excellent trip organized by ElvisWe stayed in the inka wild hostel, and Elvis helped us out and booked us into this fantastic tour of Rainbow Mountain. He was very helpful. Bus picked us up from the hostel and we had breakfast on the way. We were free to go at our own pace up to the mountain which is really nice if you are worried you need to keep up! Rainbow mountain can be quite crowded unfortunately, but these guys advised us they are currently working on that and to reduce the crowdedness.
- EternalBohemian00Great option for PalccoyoIt very hard to find a Palccoyo tour operator - so glad I found these guys. Elvis was great with communication (I booked the tour the night before), and so were the guides who actually went with us. The landscape was breathtaking, journey long but scenic, lunch decent. Can’t fault this agency, especially when it comes at a third of the price of the competitor’s. I would definitely recommend.
- RandomFunAdventures00Amazing Service!!!We were a small group of 4, and we booked a 2 Day Machu Picchu Trip & Rainbow Mountains Trek with New Adventures Peru!!! We were sooooo happy with the service, right from the get go. A really great company who take care of everything... And on top of being very professional and cost effective, they're all just really amazing people too... Especially John Elvis Pedraza!!! You made our trip!!! Thank youuuu xxxx
- cms9900ExcellentElvis is a really lovely guy and a great guide. He organised our trip to Rainbow Mountain and also to do the Inca Trail. Both were excellent and well organised. I would recommend New Adventures Peru to anyone.
- Eddie L00Excellent tour companyThe service provided was great. Very professional. Went above and beyond to meet all of my requests.
- Eliani P00Cusco TripFui una semana a Cusco y el primer día que llegue me encontré con Elvis, él cuál hizo posible todos los tours a los que fui. Él fue muy atento, todos los viajes fueron muy bien coordinados y los guías muy carismáticos y conocedores. I went a week to Cusco, and the first day there I met Elvis, whom made possible all the tours I went on. He was very helpful and attentive and all the trips were a success, well coordinated and the tour guides were charismatic and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him and his tour agency.
- ASocial N00Superb trip to PalccoyoWe booked our trip to Palccoyo with Elvis at his offices in the Plaza de Armas the day before we traveled to this “alternative” rainbow mountain. Elvis met us at our hostel and took us to the meeting place for the tour in a taxi. It was a superb trip. There were only 5 of us in the trip with Freddie our guide and driver. There were also only 5 of us on the mountain. It was a superb day, the scenery is absolutely stunning. Our lunch was superb too, the best soup and fabulous Lomo Saltado as part of a selection of hot food buffet. Elvis is personable, friendly and I recommend him and this trip wholeheartedly.
- edsonnjoaoo00Machu PicchuOur family had one of the most amazing experiences through this tour agency. Our tour operator Elvis Pedraza satisfied us completely with everything we needed for our trip. From picking us up to the airport to transportation to Machu Picchu all set up perfectly for a family of seven. Organizing everything for this trip seemed like it was going to be complicated for us but from the moment we got there Elvis had everything set up for us. Definitely a reliable agency to tour with. Already planning to visit the Mountain of seven colors for this year. Thank you to the driver and to Elvis, see you soon!
- Emily G00Amazing trip!We didn’t have to worry about anything we got picked up and they gave us all our tickets ready to go. Will come to them for the next time I come. 100% recommend to book your trip with them
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We had a super trip to Machu Pichu, thanks to Elvis. He is such a nice person, humble and very informative. He organized everything we need at very good prices and with much care for every detail. All this with a good positive energy. Thank you very much Elvis for everything. Definitely when we go back to Cusco we will contact him again.
Written March 13, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu provided by New Adventures Peru
Product Overview: Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos