The energy of the Andes mountains is powerful. The Apu (Andean deity) Salkantay which means “wild” in the Quechua language, is truly a spectacular trek full of breathtaking views of the second highest mountain in Cusco. We plan to camp at the base of the Salkantay, taking in the energy of the sacred protector, enjoying the company of hummingbirds and butterflies and traversing in the highlands of the jungle. This is an extreme walk that connects with the natural beauty of the Peruvian mountain range, introduces you to the mysteries of the Inca culture and takes you to enjoy the majestic wonders of Machu Picchu.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 0-65, max of 14 per group
Duration: 5 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Overnight in tents, last night in 3*hotel, Machu Picchu ticket
- English-speaking guide, cooking chef, transportation
- Entry/Admission - Humantay Lake
- Entry/Admission - Salkantay Trail
- Entry/Admission - Mirador de Llactapata
- Entry/Admission - Hot Springs (Aguas Calientes)
- Entry/Admission - Ollantaytambo
- Sleeping bag (available for rent).
- Additional snacks
- Hot springs entrance in Aguas Calientes. (optional activity)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 26422P58
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Which attractions will I visit with Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day on Tripadvisor
- How much is Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day?
- Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day price starts from $1,090.00. Discover and book Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day on Tripadvisor
- What is the Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day cancellation policy?
- Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day?
- Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day is hosted by Travel and Healing. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Travel and Healing on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 26422P58
Reserve your spot
Cusco – Mollepata – Humantay...
Chaullay – Colpapampa –...
Chaullay – Colpapampa –...
Lucmabamba – Hidroeléctrica –...
Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu –...
About the operator
Travel and Healing
#203 of 2,361 Tours & Activities in Cusco
- gabrielarosse00Amazing experience - Ask for RaquelThe communication with Raquel was excellent since the very first minute. Raquel was always on time, very responsive at all times, very expeditious even when I requested last minute changes. Very professional, super well organized, she had everything precisely arranged for me. She made my time in Peru effortless and extremely enjoyable. She helped with transfers, tickets to attractions, tours to Maras, Moray, Chinchero, all points of interest in and around Cusco, 2 day Inca Trail excursion, Laguna Humantay and had great recommendations for places to visit in Ollantaytambo. From picking me up at the airport in person to dropping me off when I left, again in person, I must recommend her services. Her deep knowledge of the industry is evident in the delivery.
- Tat09800Profound touching experience!A beautiful start to my trip in Peru! Solomina was such a thoughtful caring guide to show me the culture of Andean people and to share her knowledge with me. We did coco leaves reading, cleansing with stones, and yellow flowers ceremony and Pachamama offering. I learned a lot about traditions and received a beautiful new insight into the culture of this sacred land, and a new reverence for Pachamama.
- diegomZ6537BR00Deep insight in both - the Andean culture and myselfExcellent mixture of culture, ceremieis - held by local pacos / chamanes - historical sites and personal reviews. great spirit among the group, guided with joy, knowledge, love and fun. great places to enjoy the famous peruvian cooking!
- Rory D00San Pedro CeremonyMy wife and I had a fantastic experience. Being in the mountains while experiencing the benefits of the plant is really hard to put into words (spiritual and majestic doesn’t do the experience justice - it was so much more). Laura our translator was amazing and made us feel more than comfortable. Danilo was equally special as he guided us. Thank you to Tito and the entire team for a life changing experience!
- jontaylor194005 Day Ayahuasca RetreatIt takes a lot for me to make a bad review and I’ve tried to be as patient as I can with this company, but I hope my experience will help others. I booked a 5 Day Ayahuasca retreat through Travel and Healing for Etnikas retreat which was advertised. I booked about 4 months in advance, competed all the documentation in a timely manner and was available and responsive to all the questions and needs of Travel and Healing leading up to my trip. On the day of the retreat, I was picked up by car and brought to an entirely different retreat with no prior warning or discussion along the way about the change. The retreat I had paid for featured volunteering experiences, a beautiful accommodation in San Salvador, yoga practice and meditation with the group. I was instead at a small house in Chinchero with a private retreat. Just me, a translator, and a shaman. When I got there I told them I had an issue with this and after some confusion I got on the phone with someone who admitted to their mistake and told me I could stay one night and get a refund if I did not want to stay for the remaining days. I was already over an hour away from Cusco so I accepted this. The next day I wanted to head back to Cusco. The refund was changed to charging me for “1 Day of service” which I accepted, because I felt the people there didn’t deserve to pay for the mistake the parent company had made. I was told I’d receive the refund at the end of the month. The refund was finally received and it was 61% of what I had paid for the original service. So, the company charged me $500 for 1 day of service at a lower tier accommodation that they changed without telling me. Worse, they refunded via Pay Pal which took a percentage of that refund and is holding the funds for 21 days. I’ve since raised an issue with the refund and they’ve passed my complaint along but I have not heard a response in a few days. I’m willing to change this review if this gets made right, but as of right now I can not recommend booking through this company for anything.
- AysuK00A very special experienceI had first gotten in touch with Ruty back at the beginning of 2020 with the intention of doing the Trifecta ceremony in the summer of 2020 not knowing we were heading into a global pandemic. Throughout the next two years, whenever I reached out to her to ask questions and inform her about the change in our plans, she was always very responsive, warm and understanding. Fast forward two years, my husband and I were finally able to go to Peru and take place in the ceremony. Ruty and Tito picked us up from our hotel and took us to a beautiful location just on the outskirts of Cuzco where the Moon Temple is. The location itself and the views were very special. It felt both very peaceful and at the same time awe-inspiring. Both Ruty and Tito are very warm and caring. Taking part in these ceremonies with the Maestro and being part of a centuries old ritual was very humbling and special. Knowing that our offering is part of Mother Earth there makes it even more meaningful. We left a piece of our hearts in Peru. This will always remain as a very special memory for us.
- laurenwV7915XP00Top rated experienceI had the two day Inca trail hike and visit to matchu piccu with Willy. Before even meeting he'd given me really clear instructions on our meeting points and what to expect during the day. When we met I knew instantly it was gonna be a good day. Despite not feeling 100percent and accidently packing a bag way heavier than needed! Willy and I had such a laugh all day!! He took great photos of me and made sure I got all the best shots on my trip! He got me through the hike with laughter and a really great attitude. Id highly reccomend willy for any tour! He had a great knowledge of all the historical points. And put up with all my silly jokes. Top guide. Thanks Willy!!"" Xx
- Ciareen_od00Great experience!I absolutely loved my Inca trail hike and tour of machu Pichu with Willy our guide! It was really informative and was great for mind, soul and body. I loved it!
- bj_rnh82000One of the most unique experiences !The hike already started very nice when we met our guide "Ruty". She was such a warm person. The hike was sometimes a bit challenging, but beautiful at all times. We always took a little break at just the right time and Ruty provided us with exciting information about the Inca. All in all, it was one of the most beautiful trips I have ever made and in the end you could even look at the Machu Pichu. A very special thank you also goes to Laura. Would recommend it to everybody.
- Ljett33300Unique, beautiful experienceWhat an incredible, once in a lifetime opportunity! I surprised my mom with a the Shamanic Healing, which included a sacred Andean leaves ceremony and an offering to Mother Earth. Ruty (tour guide) picked us up at the hotel and gave us a great overview of Cusco and Andean culture on our way to the ceremony site. Ruty's English is PERFECT and she's so knowledgeable and lovely. Once we arrived at the site, which is a beautiful field by a lake with reeds, the Maestro set up for our ceremonies. We started with a beautiful healing and then one by one had an opportunity to get our energy read with Coca leaves. I found my reading really beautiful and relaxing. I typically don't believe in readings, but this one felt so unique and authentic. It was more about your energy as a person and less about predicting your future. Afterwards, the Maestro prepared an offering for Pachamama (Mother Earth). Ruty translated step-by-step for the offering, explaining what each item represented and the history behind the offerings. She is with you the entire time, translating for the Maestro and asking any additional questions you may have. She made the day for us! She's so accommodating, friendly, and positive. Overall, we had a very lovely day. I dare you to do the healing ceremony and not come out smiling and enjoying yourself! I would highly recommend it!
- pamelatraveladventur00Healing & Travel - 30 day Peru TripI contacted Healing & Travel to plan a 30 day Spiritual trip to Peru for me. They planned everything for me including Flights in Peru, Taxi, accommodations and all my activities. I participated in many activities including Spanish Lessons, 1 day tour of Cusco, Cooking Lessons, Chocolate Making Lessons, Horseback riding, 5 day Ayahuasca retreat, Cocoa ceremony, Rose ceremony, San Padro ceremony, Massage, Volunteering with the dog shlter, Volunteering with the elderly, 5 day Salkantay Trek and Trainig with a Maestro (Shaman). It was a well planned out trip. Any issues that I had they quickly helped me. I would definately recommend planning a trip with Healing & Travel, they can help organize anything you are looking to do. <3
- Salkantay19005 days Salkantay trek to Machu PicchuGorgeous trek, the landscape is breathtaking. Very well organized. Ruty was our coordinator in Cusco and took great care of all the needs and requests. We are very thankful to our guide, Gaby Jaimes Puma, so attentive and kind. Gaby’s love for her culture and country is contagious. She made us feel like at home and as a family. Our cooks, Fredy Cusi Huaman y Albert Huaman Caceres made us discover a large variety of delicious Peruvian dishes. They are very talented and dedicated cooks. The best food experience of our trip to Peru!. We had a great experience thanks to all these people! The last night of our trip we stayed in a hotel, in Aguascalientes, but not our guide. If something could be improved, it would be to have the guide staying at the same hotel with the clients. One more suggestion, that the agency provides appropriate equipment to all the staff.
- jwi_8800San Pedro ceremony / WachumaWe (2 people) booked a Wachuma ceremony and it was an amazing experience. Organization, responses if you have question and explanation were always fast, friendly and satisfying. Our driver picked us up on time and was very friendly (even without Spanish). We had a drive of round about 1,5hr to reach our host. Our host and all other members of this ceremony are very friendly, open and lovely. He explained everything including what can happen and what not and even the background of this healing ceremony. Overall it was an amazing experience, we had a wonderful day with lovely people and can recommend the agency, the driver and our host, everything was perfect. Even our driver waited so long, but he was so friendly! Thanks a lot to all people who were involved! We learnt a lot, had a great mood and spirit and the coca leaf reading was great!
- Kelly K00Prefect Ending to our amazing Peru adventure!We had already hiked the Inca trail (4d/3n) to Machu Picchu and tackled Rainbow Mountain. This experience was a perfect ending to an amazing trip to Peru. We drove for about an hour to a beautiful location on Lake Huacarpay. Very scenic and peaceful. Our Shaman only spoke Quechua so our tour guide/translator Willy shared all of his words and thoughts. We started with the coca leaf reading. It was mesmerizing watching the Shaman handle the coca leaves and explain their meaning. The flower cleansing ceremony was so powerful and beautiful. We walked out onto the dried grass pier towards the lake. We stood while the Shaman used herbs and flowers to cleanse and bless us. Lastly, the Offering to Pachamama. The Shaman created an alter with so much to offer that gave thanks to so much from our Peru experience. We felt so peaceful and blessed after. I am still thinking of this day and the messages the Shaman shared with us. Travel and Healing did a fantastic job of bringing this ancient Inca healer wisdom and experience to us.
- Y354HQmarcd00Unexpected life changing experience!This experience is life changing - this was the most personal and gratifying experience of my whole 2 week trip to Peru. Even as I have discussed this with my closest friend I continue to feel the gratitude and growth, and words cannot express how life changing this has been, mentally and spiritually. We met with Raul our spiritual guide and Paqo our shaman and spiritual leader upon arrival. The ceremony begins with interesting history about the Inca's, the ritual and ceremony. The ceremony is individualized - Paqo read my coca leaves and performed a ritual cleansing. Raul taught me so much about Peru that it opened up my view to how amazing the Inca's were - alchemist, architects, agriculture. San Pedro ceremony is humbling, you will experience a deep connection with your surroundings and the people around you. I was initially hesitant to the possibilities but you will feel more empathy, be able see yourself and how others see you. I was able to have the pleasure of experiencing this with a partner and witnessing his changes and healing though awareness and enlightenment. We ended with the most amazing traditional offering to mother earth - pacha mama and sang songs around the fire for hours while we felt the warmth from our offerings. I would highly recommend this and was by far was the best experience of my trip.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
No results found. Try removing a filter, changing your search, or clear all to read reviews.
Buy it with
Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day provided by Travel and Healing
Product Overview: Holistic Sacred Trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5 Day
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos