Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, snow capped peaks, herds of alpaca, and arrive at the ultimate destination – The “Rainbow Mountain” hidden deep in the Andes. Throughout your journey you will pass through a vibrant green valley with the impressive Ausangate mountain towering in the distance. You will experience first hand how locals live in the mountains and even have a chance to speak with them. As you get closer to the Rainbow Mountain you will begin to see the first signs of the coloured minerals that formed the painted hills. Your guide will explain what makes up the existence of the “Rainbow Mountain”, and finally with one last push you will hike up to a vantage point that gives you a 360 degree view of the beautiful landscape that makes up this sacred land in Cusco – Perú.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Vinicunca Rainbow MountainStop: 6 hours - Admission includedWe will pick you up between 03:00 – 03:15 am. Then we will drive through the South Valley. The drive takes around 3 hours to get Hanchipacha community where we will stop for breakfast. We will then drive for 15 minutes to Quesiuno community (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.), where we will start the trek for 3 hours approx. to the rainbow mountain (most of the way is going up). On the way up will be rewarded with breath taking sights of herds of alpacas and llamas, the Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains and traditional local houses. When we finally reach our destination, the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.), you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your trekking speed and weather conditions).After the spectacular sights from the top we will go down to the starting point, that will take approximately 2 hours. (Quesiuno community) from where we will take the transport to Hanchipacha community to have lunch. Then we will start our journey back to Cusco.Read more
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Professional Guide
- First Aid Kit
- Entrance Fees to Rainbow Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
- Personal Expense
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Machu Picchu Peru Journey
Quicker and Easier way to see Machu Picchu
We found this to be a quicker and an easier way to experience Machu Picchu. The tour was very well organized and co…
A good value for money
Thanks a lot to Maria and the whole Machu Picchu Peru Journey team who were simply amazing and helpful. The guide s…
Maria deserves all the credits for organising this way beyond our expectations. The best trip with a guide with ext…
We booked this tour to Lake Titicaca while in Cusco itself. Maria, the owner made nice arrangements. She booked our…
Rainbow Mountain Hike
This was something we were eagerly waiting for. Machu Picchu Peru Journey made our dream come true. We had a clear …
We booked an overnight trip to machu Picchu with them. The lady at the office was informative and helpful. She had …
- Duration: 16h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,240 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 702 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip)
- Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) will start at 4:00 AM. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
- Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) price starts from $33.34. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
- Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
- Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) is hosted by Machu Picchu Peru Journey. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Machu Picchu Peru Journey on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor