Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Embark on a challenging 5-day trek along the alternative Salkantay route, with stunning views of the Salkantay and Humantay peaks standing over 6,000 meters high. Trek through high jungle and even visit thermal hot springs. Hike along this unspoiled trail, with views of pristine snow-covered peaks and a tranquil lagoon. Visit the wonder of Machu Picchu before returning to Cuzco. - Trek through pristine Peruvian Andes - Visit the wondrous Machu Picchu - Spend 2 nights in unique Ecodomes
Cuzco to Challacancha Transfer -...
Trek to Salkantay Peaks
Trek to Playa Sahuaco - Visit...
Trek to Hidroeléctrica
Machu Picchu Visit - Return to...
- 2 Nights accommodation in eco-dome and 2 Nights in budget hotels
- Cuzco accommodation pick-up transfer to Challacancha
- Playa Sahuayaco to Santa Teresa, Roundtrip bus ticket to Machu Picchu
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, OIllantaytambo to Cuzco
- Pre-departure briefing and check-in
- Entry/Admission - Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Salkantay and Humantay
- Breakfast on day 1 and lunch on day 5
- Travel Insurance
- Roundtrip transportation to thermal waters in Santa Teresa
- Entrance to thermal waters Santa Teresa
- Trekking poles
- Entry/Admission - Salkantay Trail
- Entry/Admission - Banos Termales de Cocalmayo
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- MEALS ON TREK: All of our cooks pride themselves on their delicious specialty menus with the freshest local ingredients available with vegetarian option for every meal (please advise at least 2 days prior to departure).
- TREK ACCOMMODATION: During the trek single travelers will share a tent with another traveler of the same sex & couples will have a tent to themselves.
- SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
- ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card and personal medications.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition. The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1950 meters of uphill and 2250 meters of descent.
- PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details.
- PRE-DEPARTURE CHECK-IN: Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general. Time schedule for meetings will be: - Inca Trail and Lares 6pm - Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm - Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm **Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.**
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Junior our guide was amazing, so knowledgeable on all vegetation, wildlife and the country and it’s different cultures. He was always so positive and generally happy to be there sharing the experience with you. Nothing was to hard or out of reach and he was just a really nice…
Date of experience: December 2019
1 Helpful vote
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
4-Day Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu
Junior was an absolutely brilliant and helpful guide -very knowledgeable and his organisational skills excellent. H…
AMAZING TREK AND TOUR COMPANY FOR MACHU PICCHU EXPERIENCE
We did the 4 day trek to Machu Picchu. We had arranged to do the classic Inka Trail but this was unfortunately clos…
Trekking w/ Diego
I did a 4 day / 3 night trek with Bamba. The Inca Trail was washed out because of rain so they offered me an altern…
Junior was an excellent guide!
The food was OUTSTANDING! The porters were very helpful. Junior was excellent and the views were phenomenal!
Great hike through the highlands and a day at Machu Picchu at the end
We had a great hike with Bamba, led by Junior with superb cooking by Jorge. Made for an excellent experience after …
Macchu Picchu with guide, Willy.
Our 2D/1N was hastily reorganised at the last minute due to a rock fall on the Inca Trail. Bamba Experience substit…
Well organised private tour
We organised this trip with Bamba through a third party and received very straight forward instruction. On the day …
Well organized tour of the beautiful Rainbow Mountain
My fiancée and I had been wanting to do this trek since our last visit to Peru in 2018. We had a previous good expe…
Unforgettable Experience- thank you!
Bombas booked us on the Lares trek due to poor conditions on the Inca Trail (the trail closed to the entire public)…
Amazing experience - Lovely people!!
My boyfriend and I booked this knowing that it was going to be a group of probably 10 others. We were picked up fro…
Excellent tour guide CHINO
We did the inca trail with our amazing guide Vídal who was really professional so far in our trip to South America,…
One of the best experiences of my life
If you’re reading these reviews to help you decide whether or not to do this hike, stop thinking and book this with…
2D/1N Inca Trail with Willy
We had a fantastic experience hiking the last part of the Inca trail and visiting Machu Picchu with Willy. We had a…
4-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
My four day Inca Trail with Bamba was excellent. The views were exquisite, and our guide Diego was very knowledgabl…
Difficult Trek Completed with Amazing Help
Had an amazing experience through the Incan trail. At first I had some difficulties due to some lack of preparation…
- Mollepata, Salkantay Trail, and 3 more
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,237 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 697 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 164 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu
What time does 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu start?
5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu will start at 5:00 AM. Discover and book 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu on Tripadvisor
How much is 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu?
5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu price starts from $1,261.00. Discover and book 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu on Tripadvisor
What is the 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu cancellation policy?
5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu?
5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu is hosted by Bamba. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Bamba on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 5-Day Salkantay Eco-Dome Trek to Machu Picchu on Tripadvisor