Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The rainbow mountain, known as the mountain of 7 colors and resembling the seven natural minerals, mountain red, mountain Vinicunca, is a magical place where their paths were part of the ancient Quechua culture, and used to exchange their products (barter products), along with the other Quechua regions, has now become a natural wonder similar to the rainbow mountain of the Chinese.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Centro Historico De CuscoStop: 13 hours - Admission includedWe will pick you up from Cusco at 4:00 a.m. in the morning, from any hotel where you stay in Cusco. It is a unit of three and a half hours in our mobility, during which we will go through traditional villages and see some incredible views of the Andes. When we reach the track for this hike, we will stop and enjoy a delicious breakfast prepared by our trekking chef. After breakfast, we will begin the trek from Chillca, at 3,700 m / 12,139 feet elevation. From here, it will be about four hours, hike uphill to reach the famous Rainbow Mountain. On the way, you can enjoy breathtaking views of the Andes, glacial peaks, red mountains, rocky hills, traditional llamas and alpacas grazing along the valley. When you reach the top of the mountain, you will be able to spot some of the Andean fauna. This is the only place in Cusco where you can see wild Vicunas, the Andean camel. The vicuñas are in the same family as llamas, although they are smaller. Its wool is the most expensive wool in the world. Once you reach the top of the mountain of colors, you will have enough time to absorb the majesty of the red mountains that surround this area. You will also see incredible views of the valleys and Ausangate Glacier Peak in front of you. Ausangate is the highest mountain in the Cusco region (just under 21,000 feet elevation) and is part of the Vilcanota mountain range. While enjoying these magnificent views, our staff will bring you some hot drinks and share some information with you about the composition of these mountains and how they became fluted in the rainbow of colors. After taking some amazing photos and soaking in the views (maybe we'll even see some condors floating in the air currents), we'll begin our descent with a two-hour, downhill hike. Next, you will meet with our trekking chef and enjoy a delicious, freshly prepared, hot lunch. After lunch, we will begin our trip back to the town of Chillca, to catch our mobility back to Cusco. We will leave you at your hotel around 5:00 p.m.Read more
- Pick up from hotel
- Professional Guide
- Entry/Admission - Centro Historico De Cusco
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Read 3 more reviews on Viator
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Machupicchu Vip Tours
My daughter and I went to Cusco, Peru for volunteering and while we were there we decided to do some sightseeing on…
Viaje a Cuzco
Best Family trip ever. Our tour guide was excellent. Great job with transportation and suggestions of places to vis…
Machupicchu VIP Tour
It was perfect. Thank you VIP Tours. From the moment we were picked up at the airport, we had excellent attention t…
Wonderful experience for a good price
They were on time to pick us up, they made suggestion to take other tours and to eat in nice restaurantes, our cont…
Rainbow Mountain tour 🌈 5⭐️ Lemon fun you’re going to see the colors 🌈 5⭐️
I recommend TOUR COMPANY They are RESPONSIBLE 5⭐️ They’re also very helpful they come today before and explain to …
Simply The BEST!
We were a group of 8 and since our arrival to Cusco, Vilma, Luis, and their staff, not only gave us the VIP treatme…
My boyfriend and I, had a great time touring with this group. Vilma and Luis were very insightful, helpful, and fun…
Sacred valley full day tour
I was the only one on this tour so it was just me and the driver (tour guide) The lady at the front desk of my hote…
The best experience at Machupicchu
From holland we already had contact with our travel agent Vilma. She listened to our wishes and she planned our tri…
Beautiful, mystic lake, wonderful walk
I loved the tour to Humantay lake. The lake is so beautiful and peaceful up there in the mountains, the sun and the…
Sacred Valley "Hidden Wonders"
What a wonderful experience! Highly recommend Machupicchu VIP Tours as well as the Maison Fortaleza Hotel. Many tha…
Wonderful tour and guides!! Excelente experiencia en el Lares Trek !!
This was one of the most wonderful travels I have ever experienced. I booked the Lares Trek, which is a 3 day/ 2 ni…
My girlfriend booked the Lares Trek and I highly recommend using Machu Picchu VIP Tours for your trek plans. Everyo…
The people make this the best group in Cusco
The staff of this tour group went above and beyond to help my friend and I when we were in Cusco. We stayed with th…
It was a beautiful experience that this agency gave us!! more than all the service was excellent. I totally recomm…
- Duration: 13h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,237 travelers!
from $34.00* $40.00
Popular: Booked by 770 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 1,418 travelers!
from $60.00* $66.67
Popular: Booked by 543 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Rainbow Mountain
What time does Rainbow Mountain start?
Rainbow Mountain will start at 4:00 AM. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Rainbow Mountain?
How much is Rainbow Mountain?
Rainbow Mountain price starts from $60.52. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain on Tripadvisor
What is the Rainbow Mountain cancellation policy?
Rainbow Mountain cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain on Tripadvisor