per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Hotel pick up
- Round trip transportation
- American breakfast.
- Buffet lunch
- Bilingual professional guide
- First aid kit
- Entry/Admission - Humantay Lake
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 49313P11
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco?
- Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco price starts from $175.00. Discover and book Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco on Tripadvisor
- What is the Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco cancellation policy?
- Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco?
- Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco is hosted by Rainbow Mountain Cusco Tour Company. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Rainbow Mountain Cusco Tour Company on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 11h. Discover and book Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 49313P11
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Humantay LakeStop: 2 hours - Admission includedVery early in the morning (approx 4:00 am) your mountain guide and our driver will pick up you from your hotel. The first stop of the day will be at Mollepata to have breakfast and fill us with the energy we'll need to continue our trip up to Soraypampa at 3920m.a.s.l. Here you will have the opportunity to get to know the Sky Camp which is located in front of the majestic snowy Salkantay and Humantay. After a brief rest we will prepare ourselves to start the trek upwards until we reach the highest point of the trail, on our way crossing wonderful landscapes surrounded by a complex of mountains. You will surely be impressed with the panoramic view of seeing the turquoise lake at 4200 masl. 13779 ft. close to an astounding glacier. After we will return to the Sky Camp where their personnel will be waiting for us with lunch. Our transport will be waiting for us to return to Cusco at 5pm approximately.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Rainbow Mountain Cusco Tour Company
Joined in June 2016
#165 of 1,355 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
- 142jiayul00Great day trip, would recommend!Very well-organized tour. Our guide Maria was just wonderful - very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. There was only four people in my group which I thought was a number of people to attend to. The hike was moderately strenuous but the views were definitely worth it. Breakfast and lunch were buffet style, and they exceeded expectations.
- LiamR57700what a great tour, me and my partner made some amazing memories today, and i'd like to thank our tour guide cannibal ( dwhat a great tour, me and my partner made some amazing memories today, and i'd like to thank our tour guide cannibal ( dont let the name scare you) he was great brilliant attitude made the walk up the mountain fun and a giggle. i would highly recommend this tour if you would like to see rainbow Mountain. also i would like to thank our driver for a safe ride and also the staff that made our amazing food for lunch. 10/10
- L490IHdougm00Highly recommend - made trip to the mountain easyGreat trip with Anibal made fun conversation and kept us safe and made sure we were always comfortable. Compared to other guides his English was nigh perfect - had air conditioning, stops to catch our breath and good jokes too. Highly recommend
- BONNIE L00Poorly organized; didn’t meet expectations1. Meeting time were changed 3-4 times the night before 2. We were told to meet at the MOAF hotel lobby but the hotel is not even in operation. 3. Our tour guide, Marie Carmen was just there to translate, nothing special 4. Driver, Freddy was very safe & ensured a comfortable ride 5. Breakfast and lunch provided were mediocre 6. Company sign said Andina Expedition; not sure if the tour was contracted out. 7. Renting the horse will take you close to the site; still have to hike up to the view point. Make sure you negotiate before getting on a horse. Ours were 90 soles both ways. Urbano didn’t take any money from me going up, some will take 60 soles and you might not find them after to take u down. 8. Basically they will get you there to rainbow mountain but do not expect anymore than that!
- Sightseer2259610110600Not as describedThis tour is false advertisement. It is absolutely not beginner lever hiking. And even the view is not worth climbing up. The young guide is extremely obnoxious. Food provided sucks. Driver is driving absolutely out of order. They don’t provide oxygen as advertised when selling this tour, and one of the guys really needed it. Just a big NO NO!!
- pingnanh00Beautiful rainbow mountainBeautiful rainbow mountain. I was with an organized day tour with 17 people. 3/5 people are female in their 20s. The weather was challenging with light snow & wind on the day we visited the mountain. The rainbow mountain was on & off depending on the fog & wind during our 2 hours visit. It was very beautiful. However, there were at least 4 females from our group did not feel well during the activity. With the slippery mountain path & huge crowds & up/down climbing, it increased the potential risk of failing or getting sick. Awesome rainbow mountain with all above to put into consideration.
- Hamartia202100THANK YOU!My teen daughter and I took a day trip from Cusco to see the mountain. All went smoothly and on time. Our guides were professional, kind, informative and supportive as we struggled here and there on the hike catching our breaths. There was no judgment and no rush. Schedule and expectations were made clear but with flexibility as there are little surprises along the way. Anibal and Brian as our guides were experts in the area and highly sensitive to what our needs were, anticipating issues. Brian was so supportive at the top encouraging me to make it and I did. There he took the best photos for me and memories to share. Muchas gracias a Brian and Anibal. I highly recommend them and wish them well. You made a challenging day positively memorable. THANK YOU.
- 1307Bharti00Great experienceThe Rainbow Mountain trek is amazing and completely worth a visit. The hike is fairly difficult to do due to the high altitude so it's best to pace yourself, stay hydrated and focus on your breathing throughout. The scenery is absolutely spectacular. You also get to see plenty of Llamas along the way. There is an option to rent a horse at various check points if the hike gets too difficult.
- xilinz202300Great guide and great companyThis is my second tour with Alpaca so I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed. My tour guide Pamela along with driver David and chef Wilbert made a great team. Pamela is knowledgeable and very attentive to my needs. I wasn’t feeling well after getting down from the mountain and she offered all kinds of help until I felt better. The route with red valley is pretty much Alpaca exclusive and it’s even better than rainbow mountain in ny opinion as there’s no crowds of tourists. I also learned a lot from conversation with Pamela about Alpaca company. They are among the few local companies that hires female guides for Inca trail tour and the only one hiring female porters. They also promote porters to chef or even tour guide. They let new guides to start as assistant and then leading smaller groups, even though it’s not the most economic way for themselves, and ultimately leading bigger groups. A true example of empowering women! Absolutely recommend them!
- Passenger81236500Stunning views all aroundA very early start at around 04:30 and a couple of hours on a bus but it was all worth it to see Rainbow mountain and the surrounding area was absolutely stunning. After stopping as far as the bus could go it's about a 2 hour trek up to the top or an hour if you're very fit. It's around 17,000 feet in altitude so the air is very thin which obviously makes it harder. Once up there there's plenty of time to get some pictures. There's 360 deg views all around and a great view of Nevado Auzangate a 20,000 ft peak. If you're not up to the hike there's an option to take a mule ride up to the top. Overall an excellent day with a meal included.
- Katie K00Highly recommend!Anibal was an excellent guide! It was an early morning but he made all of us laugh and treated us like family. We had a rare snowy hike in July, but we made the most of it and he was with us the whole time! Also, our driver, Rusbel, was very polite and got us there and back safely.
- SSouth791500A Colorful and Unique Hike to Rainbow Mount and the Red ValleyThe hike to Rainbow Mountain and the Red Valley was breath-taking (visually and physically). The trailhead starts at around 4,300 meters (14,000 feet) and climbs to just over 5,000 meters (16,400 feet). The hike is approximately 4 K (2.5 miles) with the last 1/4 being the steepest part. Most take 2 hours, but no pressure in speed with lots of stops that have snacks/drinks/tourist stuff to buy along the way. Some in our group stopped at the Rainbow Mountain view point (saddle) and some hiked another 45 minutes up to view the Red Valley. There were 100s of people at the Rainbow Mountain saddle, but we seemed to the only ones to hike onto the Red Valley (a peaceful and beautiful view well worth the additional hike). Alpaca Expedition guide (Ruben) and his assistant, driver, and chef for breakfast and lunch were outstanding, friendly, and very knowledgeable. We left Cusco about 4:30 am and returned to our hotel in Cusco around 5;30 pm
- duenez800Rainbow Mountain ExperienceOur tour guides were amazing very patient with us and helped us in every possible way. Very nice, friendly, attentive to our needs and made the experience very enjoyable specially because the trek is not an easy one but they made sure we made it there and back.
- 433leonat00Breathtaking Rainbow MountainWe decided that Salkantay Trail wasn’t enough so we added this breathtaking trip to Rainbow Mountain. It definitely needs to be on the backend of any trip to get acclimated to the elevation but it was worth every extra step and out of breath moment. Horses can be rented to help with the climb. Ruben was energetic and kept us motivated. You can opt to hike another hour (there and back) to Red Valley. We had a wonderful breakfast as well as lunch. These chefs from Alpaca Expeditions are amazing.
- mnicklaus400Excellent!Highly recommend this tour! The guide was fantastic and the views were incredible! Breakfast and lunch are both provided and were delicious!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Charlie was our guide. His English was adequate and he made sure we all had what we needed. The hike was short but at that altitude very tiring.
Written May 29, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco provided by Rainbow Mountain Cusco Tour Company
Product Overview: Full Day Private Tour to Humantay Lake from Cusco
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos