Lowest price guarantee
Ages 25-69, max of 8 per group
Duration: 5 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Hotel Pickup
- Inflatable matra
- Cook and assistant
- Kitchen equipment
- First aid kit
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- Sleeping bag per person
- Mules for personal effects
- Tickets to the park (in 3 places total is 30 soles).
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick you up from Hotels in Central Cusco
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 31624P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru on Tripadvisor
- How much is 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru?
- 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru price starts from $1,160.00. Discover and book 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru on Tripadvisor
- What is the 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru cancellation policy?
- 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru?
- 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru is hosted by Salkantay Trail Peru. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Salkantay Trail Peru on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 31624P3
Reserve your spot
Day 1: Cusco – Urcos – Tinqui -...
Day 2: Upis – Ananta pass –...
Day 3: Ausangate Lake – Palomani...
Day4: Jampa – Campa pass –...
Day 5: Pacchanta - Tinqui - Cusco
About the operator
Salkantay Trail Peru
Joined in October 2011
#265 of 1,385 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
- L7136HNtommyh00Highly recommended the trek, everything super organized.Very satisfied with the personalized and friendly attention from the Terra Quechua Peru team. Kevin our guide, very reliable, very patient, very attentive to any need. He clarifies any doubt you have, they know very well the culture and the routes, the cook Alberto excelled with the menu every day. The tour is physically demanding, you must be in good condition and be familiar with the altitude due to the oxygen density. It's certainly worth all the physical effort to get to know all the landscapes and learn about the Inca culture. Without a doubt I highly recommend 🙌🏻♥️🇵🇪, I would take a tour with them again.
- D9415COdavidv00Beautiful hike, learned a lot about nature and culture.After doing some research, this was the company (Terra Quechua Peru) with the best value for money and it did not disappoint. We did the 5 day Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu and had an amazing time. Our guide, Dario, was brilliant, kept us all entertained with his jokes and was very knowledgeable, made the whole trip very easy and kept morale high, we were well fed for the 5 days with plenty of lunches and dinners. The accommodation (domes) on the trek was better than I expected. The hotel we stayed in on the last day in Aguas Calientes was clean, comfortable and safe. All in all, if you are looking to have a good time and make new friends along the way, I highly recommend you do the Salkantay trek with Terra Quechua Peru. Many congratulations to all the staff at the company!
- xiom89500Exploring the Salkantay Trek with Local Trekkers Peru.The Salkantay Trek with Local Trekkers Peru was an adventure that completely surpassed our expectations and left me with memories that will last a lifetime. From the very beginning with Alberto the Manager the communication was good, his personalized approach and attention to detail set the stage for an incredible journey. The expertise of Roberto and Danny our guides added a whole new dimension to the trek. Their extensive knowledge of the local culture and history provided context to this ancient path. They were always ready to share fascinating stories and answer our questions, making the trek an enlightening cultural experience. everyone in this agency, including the guides, our cook Paulino and our muleteer, Manuel, did everything possible to make this adventure something we will remember forever. We highly recommend Local Trekkers Peru for the Salkantay Trek experience of a lifetime. Their commitment to providing an authentic and memorable journey is evident in every aspect of the trek, with them you Will not regret.
- 458arronb00The trek was more than good, it was FABULOUS!The Salkantay trek was one of our most important "to do" on our trip around the world. We booked the trek through Terra Quechua Peru agency. It was the best price we could find in Cusco, it was worth every penny we spent! He explained a lot and was fun. Each day he told us what we needed to expect and take with us the next day! Excellent management of expectations! And him. Very important for a good hike and motivation is the food. Chef Marco was simply outstanding! Every morning we woke up with coca tea. The food was amazing! And the places where we spent the night were all great, the walk is full of beautiful scenery. Hiking from glaciers to a rainforest and finally reaching Machu Picchu a very recommendable hike.
- alfredr56300Take this trip and I promise you won't regret it.I highly recommend TERRA QUECHUA PERU if you plan to do the 5 days-4 nights Salkantay Trek! The dedicated team ensures that every part of your day is amazing, the food prepared by our chef and the accommodations during the trek, among others, was great! Most importantly, thanks to our guide Jhonatan we had the best trek possible! This trekking allows you to enjoy the mountain activity while getting to know landscapes of Peru very different from each other and at the same time very different from what, at least I, expected to find in my trip to Peru. Almost everyone identifies Peru with Machu Picchu, but this trek shows that there is much more to this country and that other places that are just as spectacular should be promoted. The people who make the day to day of this trek have my sincere admiration. Working with tourists is not easy, and even more so in conditions that can sometimes be extreme, due to the cold or the difficulty of the treks, but they are so dedicated to their work. I also highlight their ability to solve problems when they arise along the way. I recommend the whole TERRA QUECHUA PERU team 100%, if you are thinking of doing a trek in Peru like the Salkantay Trek.
- johnnymac197400Fantastic Experience with a great guideWe took our tour through Kantu Tours Peru. They picked us up at our hotel room at around 4:20 am. After picking up the rest of the groups for the tour the drive is about 2 hours from Cusco to the restaurant for a local breakfast. Then the final drive is another hour up the mountain to the starting point. The mountain is majestic and the views are so incredible. Everything you have heard about the altitude is real. I got very dizzy several times and had to rest often. Our guide “ Edison” was great and helped to negotiate a good price to rest a horse to take us up the mountain. The going price was about 60 Solas which is about $15 USD. A ride down is less about 40 Solas or $10 USD. The total hike up is about 2.5 hours and the final leg is rather steep. The horses drop you off before the steep part. Edison our guide walked me up the final leg to the top because ever 30-50 feet I would be out of breath. He was great. At the top you will have enough time to take all the pictures and video you like and the views are breathtaking. You will see locals with Alpacas to take pictures with and they only ask for a tip. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I would recommend doing it if you plan to go to Cusco make sure you visit Machu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain as well. On the way down you will stop at the restaurant again for a buffet lunch which is very good, and then we were dropped off at our hotels as well. Be sure to tip out the guide and driver. Things to remember, the mountain is around 17,000 feet above sea level, so it is cold most of the year. Dress appropriately.
- flollesly005 stars for our Salkantay Trek with Local Trekkers Peru.Me and my friends, we spend a lot of time planning our Salkantay Trek to Machupicchu 5D/4N, so we know the time, patience and effort that this involve. After searching among many agencies, we came across Local Trekkers Peru, who did a great job, at a very reasonable price. My friends and i felt cared for and attended to during our entire trek and we admit it was rather nice to relax for a change and not worry for anything. The trek itself was hard in some parts, especially the second day, but fortunately, we had our great guide (Super Roberto) who was very professional in his job, well educated, very well informed and knowledgeable of Peruvian culture, he was always in good mood, he always encouraged us in the hard parts, In addition to this at each dinner he told us interesting stories about the Incas and also the fall of this empire, you just have to ask him about something and he is in charge of describing it in a surprising way. I HIGHLY recommend him as your Salkantay Trek guide. Other actors of this movie we should thank is also our chef Timoteo and our horseman Jorge, who can do amazing things with camping cooking equipment. These guys will work very hard so that you feel comfortable throughout the trip and with them you never have to worry about food and they are always in good humor as well. In short, doing the Salkantay Trek you will immerse yourself in beautiful landscapes, and finishing in Machu Picchu, there is nothing else you can ask for, and if you can do it with Local Trekkers Peru, do it, for sure you will not regret.
- vpmtl1400Wonderful little tourMother-daughter trip in early February. Very easy pick-up and communication with the tour company, comfy bus and great tour guide, Mikey. David the driver was very safe. Mikey shared a lot of very interesting information, he was very patient with the group, there was some walking and he always waited for the group. We had some rain and he helped everyone walk up the hill in the mud, very courteous and helpful! Took a lot of photos of us. Absolutely beautiful stops!! I totally recommend this tour with this company!!
- lauriewD3517OA00Excellent alternative tour to Rainbow Mountain.This alternative tour to Rainbow Mountain is excellent. Picked up at 0830am and dropped back to my hotel at 5pm. Excellent driver Jorge in his very comfortable Prada 4WD. Tour takes the back road through authentic Peruvian villages and alpaca and llama farms. Excellent photographic opportunities and only 15 minutes of walking on flat ground to see the striking colours of Rainbow Mountain. Don't even think of the other tour that leaves at 4am ,gets back in the evening and makes you walk 2 hours to see the same mountain. Salkantay Travel is definitely the way to go.
- 000Laurie00Day trip to Rainbow Mountain regionFantastic trip with Trevor as our guide. Amazing driver too. Six of us rode in a van from Cuscoe to the Rainbow Mountain region. We were gone about 12 hours. We travelled about 3 5 hours each way Loved the journey on the rough roads with plenty of switchbacks. We had awesome scenery, loved the rural area and Trevor was amazing.He taught us about the region and he and our driver were amazing guides once we trekked at the Rainbow Mou train region. I highly recommend this tour group.
- WunderlustWorld00Amazing Day at Rainbow MountainJorge picked us up at our hotel in a very nice and clean SUV. We felt safe traveling over the rugged terrain. He was informative about the areas we were traveling through and made sure we were comfortable. When we got to the mountain base and started walking up, my wife was having a little trouble going up the hill. Jorge made sure to tell us that we could go at our own pace. That helped because in the high elevation it is somewhat hard to breathe if you are not used to it. The views were absolutely beautiful. After we left the mountain, we stopped for a fantastic Peruvian lunch. We were returned to our hotel afterwards. We didnt want to say goodbye to our wonderful host. Private tours are the way to go, and we highly recommend this tour, especially with Jorge. Bryan & Joni Mondy Wunderlust Travel and Tours
- Megan D00Amazing day trip, great guide, good food!!I did the Rainbow Mountain tour yesterday. Our guide, Jose Luis, was amazing! He was incredibly organized, knowledgeable, patient, and funny (in both Spanish and English)- everything you want in a guide!! Seriously such a wonderful guide and made it a great trip for everyone. Another thing about a lot of the companies in Peru is that they run a little behind. This is this only tour I went on where they were very punctual and ran on time, which was awesome! And if you've been on any of the other companies tours, you know that typically when they say breakfast is included it just means a bunch of rolls and maybe some juice. Not the case with this group. An actual full breakfast with eggs and veggies alongside the carbs. Lunch was great with tons of options as well! To top it off, Erika, who was at the desk when I stopped by to book the night before, was so kind and gave me amazing restaurant recommendations. All in all, book with this company!!
- Meike v00Salkantay TrekWe had a fantastic time on our Salkantay trek booked through Salkantay Trail Peru. This trek is a perfect balance between nature and culture, each equally stunning. Wherever there were multiple options, Erika made the right choice and everything was organized to a T. All we had to do is show up and take it all in. Our trek was supported by a fantastic and knowledgeable guide, amazing cooks, and a great horseman who took care of our luggage in the mountains. All accommodations were clean and included covered eating areas. The fourth night in a hotel with hot showers, power outlets, and wifi was a welcome luxury after four days of hiking. The ziplining adventure on day four is definitely worth it. And lastly, the train back through the Sacred Valley was a beautiful way to say goodbye to our Salkantay adventure. Would definitely recommend booking the Salkantay Trek through Salkantay Trail Peru and Erika to all!
- tracaycakes00Amazing ExperienceJorge truly went above and beyond for my dad and I on our trip. We were lucky enough to have him take us on a tour to Lake Humantay and a Sacred Valley Tour. He was very knowledgeable, had great energy, and took beautiful photos of us. We had other tours from another company to Machu Picchu with a different guide, and although he was very nice and a great guide, my dad and I both missed having Jorge show us around! I would highly recommend you book your tours Jorge. When I got back to Peru, I know I definitely will!
- rusitc00Highly recommendedSalkantay trail was recommended to me by hotel staff where I was staying. Feel very lucky to find them out of many agencies in Cusco. They went out there way to make my trip fun, buy organizing tours , recommending sights, recommending restaurants , doing it all. I am really surprised by some bad reviewers , because I was guided without any problems, or misunderstanding. Highly recommended.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We read that Salkantay Trekking was the number 1 tour group to Machu Picchu and we were not disappointed.
We were impressed with the tour's ability to cater to our dietary needs (vegan) and provide exceptional meals.
We would go back in a heartbeat!
We were impressed with the tour's ability to cater to our dietary needs (vegan) and provide exceptional meals.
We would go back in a heartbeat!
Written April 4, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru provided by Salkantay Trail Peru
Product Overview: 5-Day 4-Night Ausangate Trek from Cusco, Peru
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos