Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Cuzco to Lares Town & Trek to...
Trek to Patacancha Town (3,800m)...
Trek to Ollantaytambo & Train to...
Explore Machu Picchu & Return to...
- Pre-departure briefing
- Cuzco Accommodation Pick-Up
- Van Cuzco - Lares Town (starting point of trek)
- Round Trip Tourist Train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
- Round Trip Tourist Bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- Bus Ollantaytambo to Cuzco
- Professional Bilingual Guide on trek & Machu Picchu tour
- Camping Accommodation during trek (including basic sleeping mattress & tent for 2 people)
- 1-night 3* Hotel Accommodation at Aguas Calientes
- Meals: 3B/3L/3D/3 snacks with typical menus (special dietary considerations available with prior notice)
- Horses to carry cooking and camping equipment plus a total of 7 kilos for each trekker for the first 3 days of the trek. (This includes 2.5 kilos for your sleeping bag & mattress plus 2.5 kilos of personal items.
- Cook who is responsible for preparing and serving all delicious Peruvian meals and snacks
- First Aid kit & Emergency oxygen bottle
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 4
- Entry/Admission - Machu Picchu
- Airport Pick-Up (please make your own way)
- Sleeping Bag (Rental $15 USD for the trek)
- Day 1 breakfast, day 4 lunch, bottled water
- Accommodation Drop-off in Cuzco
- Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
- Hot Springs Lares town (10 soles)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (at an extra cost) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (at an extra cost) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Small gift for communities
- Accommodation in Cuzco
- Tips (Please remember that tipping is 100% optional and depends entirely on the service you received. It is customary to give tips in Latin America, however it is NOT mandatory. If you do wish to give a tip, these are our recommended guidelines.) Guide: 40-60 soles per trekker Assistant Guide: 30-40 soles per trekker Horsemen: 60-80 soles for each horseman from the whole group Cook: 150-200 soles for the cook from the whole group
- Note: Prices for optional activities are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm these prices before departing on the trek.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Note: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cusco office the evening before your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details
- ypical Meals on the Trek: On all of our Inca Trail Treks and Alternative Treks to Machu Picchu we search for the best cooks who put forth their best effort to provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain. All of our cooks pride themselves on their delicious specialty menus with the freshest local ingredients available. Every meal is prepared fresh with plenty of variety and an abundant quantity of food including a vegetarian option for every meal (please advise prior to departure). Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek. *Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance). BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, egg omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca, coffee, chocolate and milk. LUNCH & DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca, coffee, chocolate and milk. SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.
- Accommodation options: Days 1-2: Single travelers will share a tent with another traveler & couples will have a tent to themselves / Day 3: Single travelers will share a room with another traveler & couples will have a private room.
- Physical Requirements: This hike is difficult, good physical conditions are needed as most of the hike is at high altitudes of 4000 meters (don't forget to bring warm clothes).
- Departure dates for trek: Monday, Wednesday & Saturday (Daily departures with a group of 4 or more)
- Important: You must provide the following information upon booking: Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport), Date of birth, nationality, passport number, date of passport expiration, which must be valid for at least 6-months past the date of travel. Without this information, the local tour operator will be unable to make the booking. Please be aware that your complete and correct passport information must be provided. Absolutely no modifications can be made once your booking has been confirmed. Any changes or discrepancies in the information provided will result in a complete loss of permits and entrance tickets, for which you will be held responsible and will need to pay for again.
- Max 15, Avg 4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes town can be arranged. (Please let us know whether you would like to stay an extra night when booking your tour.)
- SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail. Bathing suit for hot springs in Lares town (this activity is available at an additional price).
- DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
- Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.
- You will have a guide during the trek and on the Machu Picchu tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details. PRE-DEPARTURE CHECK-IN: Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general. Time schedule for meetings will be: - Inca Trail and Lares 6pm - Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm - Inca Trail Express, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm Bamba Experience is located at: Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily Tel: +51 84 205234 Emergency Tels: Darwin +51 9984 44933 - +51 9842 85801, Anderson +51 9231 25342
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We had a great hike with Bamba, led by Junior with superb cooking by Jorge. Made for an excellent experience after we unfortunately got changed at the last minute from the Inca trail to the Lares trek - landslides closed the Inca trail for all operators. Junior made sure our…
Date of experience: February 2020
1 Helpful vote
Bombas booked us on the Lares trek due to poor conditions on the Inca Trail (the trail closed to the entire public). The Lares trail far exceeded our expectations. It was a gorgeous trek and we had the opportunity to meet many local people/villages along the way. Our tour guide…
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
Had an absolutely wonderful time on the Lares Trek with our guide Percy! He went above and beyond showing us all about life in the Andes and also just being someone really fun to be around. Our chef Victoriano was also so great - cooking such good food and catering to us being…
Date of experience: November 2019
My friend and I went on this expedition with no expectations at all and they have been exceeded incredibly! We were doing the trip with Percy, the horseman Luis, and cook Vittoriano, and two mules. Percy was an exceptional guide, he was extremely interested and very fun to do…
Our Lares trek with Bamba to Machu Picchu was surprisingly only myself and my wife, and we had a great time all because of Willy (our tour guide) and our excellant chef, Victor. Willy not only walked at our pace, but also made slight amendments to our trek to ensure we got the…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
4-Day Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu
Junior was an absolutely brilliant and helpful guide -very knowledgeable and his organisational skills excellent. H…
AMAZING TREK AND TOUR COMPANY FOR MACHU PICCHU EXPERIENCE
We did the 4 day trek to Machu Picchu. We had arranged to do the classic Inka Trail but this was unfortunately clos…
Trekking w/ Diego
I did a 4 day / 3 night trek with Bamba. The Inca Trail was washed out because of rain so they offered me an altern…
Junior was an excellent guide!
The food was OUTSTANDING! The porters were very helpful. Junior was excellent and the views were phenomenal!
Macchu Picchu with guide, Willy.
Our 2D/1N was hastily reorganised at the last minute due to a rock fall on the Inca Trail. Bamba Experience substit…
Well organised private tour
We organised this trip with Bamba through a third party and received very straight forward instruction. On the day …
Well organized tour of the beautiful Rainbow Mountain
My fiancée and I had been wanting to do this trek since our last visit to Peru in 2018. We had a previous good expe…
Amazing experience - Lovely people!!
My boyfriend and I booked this knowing that it was going to be a group of probably 10 others. We were picked up fro…
Excellent tour guide CHINO
We did the inca trail with our amazing guide Vídal who was really professional so far in our trip to South America,…
One of the best experiences of my life
If you’re reading these reviews to help you decide whether or not to do this hike, stop thinking and book this with…
2D/1N Inca Trail with Willy
We had a fantastic experience hiking the last part of the Inca trail and visiting Machu Picchu with Willy. We had a…
4-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
My four day Inca Trail with Bamba was excellent. The views were exquisite, and our guide Diego was very knowledgabl…
Difficult Trek Completed with Amazing Help
Had an amazing experience through the Incan trail. At first I had some difficulties due to some lack of preparation…
Great experience, great views
My wife and I were with our guide Vidal and Juan on the Inca Trail in early January. We had a great time. The hist…
Check off my bucket list
Special thanks to our wonderful guides Vidal and Juan and chef Benny and porters who took great care of us during t…
- Lares Trek, Lares Trek, and 2 more
- Duration: 4 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,227 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco
What time does 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco start?
4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco will start at 6:00 AM. Discover and book 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco on Tripadvisor
How much is 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco?
4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco price starts from $769.00. Discover and book 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco on Tripadvisor
What is the 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco cancellation policy?
4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco?
4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco is hosted by Bamba. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Bamba on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu from Cusco on Tripadvisor