The Colca Canyon is a well known cliff just 160 kilometers outside of Arequipa. It is formed due to erosion of the volcanic rock by the Colca River. Due to the rather gentle cliff it does not appear that deep, but with an astonishing 3.270 meters it is twice as deep as Americas’ Grand Canyon. The name ”Colca” is derived from the clefts in the wall of the canyon which are called colcas. They were used by the Incas for several reasons, including food storage (patotoes, quinoa etc), and graveyards for important people. The canyon offers a unique ecosystem giving place for many species of animals like llamas, alpacas, vicuñas, pumas and many more. Besides this, it’s known for its famous bird; the condor. It can be beheld from close distance from the Cruz del Condor, which you certainly won’t miss during the tour!
Lowest price guarantee
Ages 0-120, max of 16 per group
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Night at a typical lodge in the oasis
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch menu, 1 dinner
- Professional, English speaking guide
- First-aid kit
- Ho(s)tel pick-up and return in the centre of Arequipa
- Thermal baths (15 soles
- Colca Valley tourist ticket (70 soles)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- All passengers are picked up at their ho(s)tel before the start of the tour. The exact time will be told some days before the start of your tour. Make sure to be ready!
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 208546P13
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour?
- Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour price starts from $91.23. Discover and book Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour cancellation policy?
- Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour?
- Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour is hosted by PaRa Travels. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact PaRa Travels on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 208546P13
Reserve your spot
Arequipa - Cruz del Condor -...
Sangelle Oasis – Cabanaconde –...
About the operator
Joined in October 2019
#679 of 1,385 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
- Stephanie T00Customized Peruvian Travel! Highly recommend! 😁I highly recommend PaRa Travels for a customized travel experience in Peru! The tour organizers, drivers, and tour guides are top notch! I can't wait to return! 😁
- time71200Beautiful experience - Must Do!It was a beautiful experience!! A must do when you are in Cusco. The trip was well organized, a very nice and good guide, good food and we had some great sleeping facilities. Tiny misunderstanding with Machu Picchu tickets, so double check this! With regards of communication, Paul of ParaTravels was very helpful and always quick with answers!
- Daydream5777403749000Salkantay trek 5 daysCommunication beforehand was very good and the 5 days trek was perfect, the guide was a nice guy and spoke English/Spanish.
- lizrJ2867IZ00Great communicationOur tour was canceled due to corona. The communication with the company was excellent! They came to our hostel to explain about the tour and again to return our deposit after the tour was canceled (on their initiative).
- iesv202000Amazing trail!What an amazing trip this was. I really looked forward to this trip and it was even more breathtaking than I imagined. The downhill ride was a very pleasant start of the trail. It wasn't too hard, so we could really enjoy the ride. The hiking the second day was amazing. Such a nice views and look into the jungle. The zip-lining was really fun to do, a nice break from the hiking. And the view over Machu Pichu at day 4 is the most amazing thing I've seen in my life. We went on mountain Pichu and were the very first at the top in the early morning. Exceptionally experience!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Tour was arrangd perfectly by Para travel and the colleagues in Colca Canyon. Perfect nature, food, stay and hike!
Written November 4, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour provided by PaRa Travels
Product Overview: Colca Canyon Trail - 2 day tour
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos