Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Jorge
- homecooked meal
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Departure details
- Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile Please meet your host Jorge at his home in Santigao. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P315
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note: The kitchen is small, and you may even use the dinning area for demonstrations and to prep the ingredients for the meal
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- How much is Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home?
- Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home price starts from $117.34. Discover and book Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home cancellation policy?
- Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home?
- Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home is hosted by Traveling Spoon. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Traveling Spoon on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P315
Reserve your spot
About the operator
#4 of 43 Classes & Workshops in Santiago
- 709tikig00Highlight of our trip!Dinner with Patty and Enrique was very special. Enrique greeted us at the gate then gave us a tour of their gardens before we settled in with our aprons to help Patty prepare our meal, which we enjoyed with terrific local wine from Enrique's collection. We had such a fun evening together, sharing stories about our lives and travels. What a wonderful way to learn about Chilean food and culture!
- Mattjamesmartin00An IMMACULATE and UNFORGETTABLE Chilean Cooking ExperienceThis cooking class was easily one of the best parts about my trip to Santiago de Chile. First, the food was to die for. We made a wide variety of dishes from the delicious "chancho en piedra" salsa (almost like a Chilean guacamole) to the "paltas rellenas" (avocados stuffed with a rich tuna) to the unforgettable salmon and roasted potatoes to finish. To drink, there were two bottles of rich Carmenère wine alongside a pitcher of pisco sour for us to share. Upon arrival, we were also greeted with several tasty cheeses, fresh bread, and dips to munch on as we prepared the rest of the food. It was easily the best meal I had during my time in the country. Second, the hosts—Patricia and her husband Enrique—were some of the most fun and warm people my girlfriend and I met have met in a long time. The two of them welcomed us into their home as if we were family. The conversation was top-tier; we shared travel stories, recipes, and more. They were engaging, friendly, and open, and it was such a treasure to hear about their life stories as we shared dinner together. Patricia has organized these traditional Chilean cooking classes for over seven years now, and her experience, as well as her passion for cooking, truly shows. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Thank you for everything!
- Michael D00More than a cooking classWow!!!! This was more than a cooking class, and we can’t recommend this experience highly enough! When we arrived at her apartment, we were warmly greeted by Carol and Paulo. We started the afternoon with an appetizer of Pebre, a Chilean tomato and onion salsa served on melba toasts, just sitting, chatting, and munching. Then, Paulo took us into the kitchen, and showed us how to prepare the traditional Pisco Sour, which we enjoyed greatly. Before we arrived, Carol and I had discussed on “What’s App” that we would do a combination class of Chilean and Peruvian cooking to represent both Carol’s and Paulo’s nationalities and food heritages. We started with a Chilean main dish, Pastel de Choclo, which is like a Shepherd’s Pie, but the topping is made with starchy corn kernals removed freshly from the cob, creamed in a blender and cooked and stirred on the stove top until just the right consistency. The filling for Pastel de Choclo is a mixture of sauteed ground beef, chopped onions, spices, placed in an oven-proof dish, topped with the corn, and then baked in the oven. As we cooked, we took notes on the recipe steps so that we could replicate them back home and sipped on Chilean wine and beer. The next dish was a Peruvian “Papa a la Huancaina” which is a bed of butter lettuce, with boiled cold sliced potatoes, topped with a creamy, spicy, cheesy white sauce. Next was to enjoy the fruits of our labour at the dinner table with more wine and beer. We started with the Papa a la Huancaina, which was wonderful, then moved on to the fantastic Pastel de Choclo, and enjoyed a fresh tomato and onion salad. We spent the next couple of hours eating, drinking, talking about family and life in Chile, Peru and Canada. Before you knew it, it was getting late and time for us to return to our hotel and relax. As I mentioned in the title of the review, this was more than a cooking class. It was like visiting with family on a Sunday afternoon, and spending time cooking together. We arrived as strangers and left as new-found friends. Thanks again for your warm welcome, friendship and fun afternoon, Carol and Paulo.
- peru10100Wonderful evening with Vani & Juan CarlosFabulous late afternoon & evening with Vani and Juan Carlos. First, they took us to a market where you could buy anything from pig’s feet to exotic fruit to candy. Next, we went to their apartment where we made delicious pisco sours. We ate fish, meat, ceviche and risotto while enjoying wine and great conversation. It was a pleasure getting to know our hosts and Incant wait to go home and treat our friends to Chile’s pisco sour.
- AlexaP29900Amazing experience with lovely peopleThe cooking experience and Dinner with Patty & Enrique was fabulous! We had a blast first of all preparing the traditional Chilean dishes by enjoying delicious red wine and cheese and listening to very interesting stories of Patty´s and Enrique´s life. Afterwards, we tasted the dishes we had prepared over some more wine which was carefully selected by Enrique. Both, Patty & Enrique, welcomed and hosted us so warmly that it felt like a dinner with friends rather than a dinner with people we had just met some hours ago. We would definitely recommend to spend an evening with them and learn about the Chilean cuisine. First, we were not sure if the long drive to the countryside was worth it, but it definitely was and we would always opt for cooking with Patty & Enrique again. Thank you both for having us :)
- donmar200100Wonderful experience!Carol was very welcoming. The pisco sours were great and the food options were thoughtfully curated.
- 290janee00Wonderful evening!Patricia's cooking class was the highlight of our visit to Santiago. There were six of us, and we helped prepare a relaxing, delicious, and interesting dinner at their country home. The weather was nice so we dined on the patio by the grill and pool. Patricia and Enrique were personable and welcoming and made us feel right at home. My sister-in-law took a lot of pictures, and I will rely on her to post an illustrated, more comprehensive review. We all highly recommend this activity!
- 210brettd00Amazing Evening!Truly enjoyed preparing local fresh fare with Patricia and Enrique! Using fresh ingredients, including some picked from their garden, along with delicious Chilean wine made for a special evening for my wife and I. Being able to share that with two kind hosts in their beautiful home is an added bonus. Highly recommend!!
- Zobinette00Great people and great food!Amazing experience! Patricia and Enrique welcomed me as i was part of the family, with a nice glass of wine and introduced me to some really tasty chilean cuisine with fresh products. We had really good conversation and their english was perfect (which helped a lot). I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoy cooking and share a great experience with locals!
- Joseph M00Must Do in SantiagoBy all means, meet Carol and have dinner with her. We had a spectacular meal that we will long remember and the company was even better than the meal. Bravo Carol and we will miss you. Good luck with your new endeavor. Hugs.
- AlexanderM451500A Perfect Meal with Wonderful Hosts!Patty and her husband Enrique were phenomenal hosts and went above and beyond expectations. Specifically: 1) we were lost when we arrived and Enrique drove around town and found us; 2) despite being late, Patty did not rush the experience one bit; 3) when leaving, both of them ensured that we found transportation back to the city; and 4) they gave us a tour of their beautiful country home and sent us home with a goodie bag. Would highly recommend for anybody looking for an experience outside Santiago!
- Getting_Lost00Highly recommend!I can't say enough great things about Carol! She's beautiful, wonderful, educated, well-traveled, charming, great cook, teacher and hostess. You can have Chilean food in any restaurant, but the experience of cooking in a local's home and having Carol guide you through the cooking process while telling you colorful stories about life in Chile makes this a a great way to learn about a culture and country through a local--truly a priceless experience. Only thing I regret was I scheduled for the first day I arrived after a 14hr overnight flight. Still, it was of the best events I did in Chile!
- 393rossp00wonderful experience!Spending the late afternoon at the markets with Ivania and Carlos was educational and fun, but the greatest part of the day was going back to their lovely apartment and cooking a traditional Chilean dinner together! They are gracious and fun to be with and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Truly a terrific couple.
- Jill R00Highly recommendedCarol made us very welcome in her lovely home. We enjoyed learning to cook traditional Chilean food but also enjoyed Carol’s company and finding out about life in Chile. Can not recommend this experience highly enough
- esemmes00Slice of heaven outside just outside SantiagoThe 35-minute drive was well worth it to visit the home of Patricia Reyes. She and her husband greeted us as if we were long lost relatives and immediately cracked a delicious bottle of wine to welcome us. We learned to make Curanto, a wonderful seafood stew. Before dinner, we enjoyed a walk through their orchard and gardens. Dinner was delicious and the conversation about current events so compelling. Plus we loved their dogs!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Aug 2023 • Couples
Jorge and Caroline were very welcoming, like visiting old friends. We discovered new fruits from the local markets. Jorge was very good at explaining how he prepared our lunch. It was a fun experience for sure. Would repeat it !
Written August 8, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home provided by Traveling Spoon
Product Overview: Private Market Tour and Traditional Chilean Cooking Class in a Local Home
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos