per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 7 days
Start time: Check availability
Chinese, English, Dutch
What's not included
- Private professional English-Speaking local tour guide
- Licensed Vehicle with experienced driver
- Airport (or train）pick up and drop off
- 3 nights accommodation in Lhasa city, 1 night at Shigatse, 1 night at EBC tent, 1 night at Gyirong Town
- Breakfast provided by the hotel (No breakfast on Everest morning)
- Tourists Accident/Casualty Insurance
- A container of Oxygen for emergency use
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Lodging and meal allowance to the guide & driver
- Reservation fee for visiting Potala Palace
- 2 bottles of drinking water per person per day
- Meals not specified in the itinerary (All lunches & dinners)
- All Entrance tickets to the sightseeing places
- Flight/Trian tickets in and out of Tibet
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional tour activities, etc.
- Any losses incurred from the force majeure factor like government control, natural disaster etc.
- Tips to the guide & driver ( Tip is not required but expected)
- Single room supplement
- Departure details
- Lhasa Gonggar Airport, 7VVX+CF4, Gonggar County, Shannan, Tibet, China, 850614
- Lhasa Railway Station, Doilungdêqên District, Lhasa, China, 850030
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65404P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China L visas at least 20 days prior to travel date.
- With its much higher elevation, some visitors may experience symptoms of altitude sickness. We recommend taking everything slowly, getting plenty of rest the first day and staying very well hydrated by drinking plenty of water to minimize the effects of the high altitude. Usually you will fine by the second day, but if you do experience severe and/ or worsening symptoms, please contact your tour guide or a member of our staff immediately.
- The tour operator will contact you after the booking is confirmed.
- If you enter by plane from mainland China, the Tibet permit will be delivered to you before you board the flight in mainland city.
- If you enter by train from mainland china, You will only need a printed copy of the Tibet permit, which you will receive from the local operator via email
- If you enter Tibet from Nepal, you have to get your GROUP VISA in the Chinese embassy of Kathmandu, whether you have already Chinese visa or not.Group Visa is an A4 size sheet of paper, with all members of the tour and their passport number, date of birth and profession listed. The dates of entry and exit are precisely mentioned. To apply the Group visa, you will need an invitation letter from Tibet Tourism Bureau. After confirming the tour, you need to send us the copy of your passport and then we can apply the invitation letter with your passport copy. After getting the invitation letter, we will send it to our local stuff at Kathmandu. Then you will meet our local stuff at Kathmandu after your arrival in Kathmandu. Please do remember, you'll need at least 3 working days to apply your Group Visa.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu?
- 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu price starts from $1,703.95. Discover and book 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu on Tripadvisor
- What is the 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu cancellation policy?
- 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu?
- 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu is hosted by Asia Odyssey Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Asia Odyssey Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 7 Days Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65404P3
Reserve your spot
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Amazing adventure with Nepal and Bhutan
Excellent customer service from the start, especially Manfred Liu when organizing the trip, great service and commu…
India, Bhutan and Kathmandu - Excellent tour
From planning, visa's, hotels, guides and drivers, Asian Odyssey Travel was perfect. My wife and I just got back fr…
TW travels with Asia Odyssey Travel
I came across Asia Odyssey Travel while researching for my family’s CNY trip & didn’t expect it to be such a wonder…
Excellent tour, best experience!
The best experience I have! I have booked for a family trip ( my elder mother+ 2 toddlers kids + me and my sister=…
Nepal and Bhutan
We booked a trip through AOT for Nepal beginning in Kathmandu for five days and traveling through Bhutan for nine d…
Lhasa, Glimpse of Mt. Everest, Manasarovar Lake & Mt. Kailash - 10 Days
I should thank Daria of ASIA ODYSSEY TRAVEL for organizing a tailor made trip for us to visit Lhasa, Manasarovar La…
A unique experience despite a difficult context thanks to an experience team of organisers
Unique and amazing trip !! 3 routards, vaut le voyage. I had the chance to be part of a handful of foreigners to jo…
Amazing scenery and beautiful memories
Tibet is somewhere I've always wanted to visit and this trip did not disappoint. We had some issues at the beginnin…
9-day Tibet tour
My wife and I participated in an Asia Odyssey Travel arranged 9-day tour to Tibet, beginning of August 2021. This w…
Get to know my som
Daria has arranged already the 3rd trip for me. This time I was traveling with my 12 years old son. We wanted to cy…
Trip of a life time
I had a special request for my travel. That was hiking at the Tiger Leaping Gorge and climbing to the summit of Hab…
Service at its best
First of all, they really care. When ever you have questions you get answers. Guides and complete organisation are …
Once in a lifetime experience!
We decided to go with Asia Odyssey Travel for the excellent service and follow up we received from Amy!! Amy was re…
I searched a lot of tour agencies via internet and decided Asia Odyssey because of good reviews and schedule. My …
Amazing Tibet travel, beautiful views and memorable experiences
I wanted to visit Tibet for a very long time. Since I live in abroad, this wish was like The Everest Mountain, unre…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
May 2021 • Couples
I am two tourists from Baotou City, Inner Mongolia. My seven day trip to Tibet is coming to an end. With nostalgia, I am very satisfied with the work of the tour guide Comrade Wang Jinhui. In the past few days, my husband and I have not only taken care of our daily life, but also given full play to our own skilled business expertise, enjoying the local conditions and customs of Tibet and the beautiful scenery of Tibet, His sincere, simple, optimistic and cheerful personality makes his trip to Tibet full of joy and nostalgia. He will come in the future! Goodbye Tibet!
Written June 1, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
How long is the bus journey from the tibet boarder to Kathmandu? .
1. What time do you arrive in Kathmandu on the final day? 2. How much is a single supplement?