Escape from the hustle and bustle area by the amazing public transportation system and step into the village to explore the heritage of the Hakka cultural of Hong Kong who settled in Hong Kong since the 13th century and experience the local activities. * Exploring 2 different type of Hakka walled villages * Michelin’s Bib Gourmand wonton noodle tasting * Visiting the largest food market in the Western Kowloon * Chinese herbal tea tasting * Visiting the well-preserved heritage sites of Yuen Long * Visiting Tang Ancestral Hall, Study Hall, Yeung Hau Temple, the oldest pagoda in Hong Kong etc.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 12-99, max of 8 per group
Duration: 4h 30m
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Bottled water per person
- Tour will be conducted by a friendly English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council or Hong Kong Association of Registered Tour co-ordinators)
- 1 bowl of won-ton noodle per person
- 1 glass of herbal tea
- Transportation cost from Tsuen Wan to Yuen Long
- Cost of transport or any food / drinks which you choose to buy during your tour.
- Transportation fees from your hotel to Tsuen Wan station and Yuen Long station back to your hotel
- Departure details
- Tsuen Wan Station, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong Tsuen Wan MTR Station (Red line) Exit B2 by the concourse area
- Yuen Long Station, Yuen Long, Hong Kong The tour will end at Yuen Long station. Our tour guide will keep you accompanied to your hotel or anywhere else downtown you planned.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 45263P23
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- DURATION OF TOUR: 4.5 hours (Approx)
- SMALL GROUP : 2-8 people per group
- Minimum of 2 adults are required per booking
- Child under 11 years old are free
- Children aged 12 or above is considered as a full paying person
- Maximum 2 child (ago 0-11 years old) can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
- Booking has to be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour departure time
- If you have food allergies, please let us know upon making booking, we will try to avoid and make alternative food for you
- Vegetarian option is also available, please advise us upon making reservation
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable shoes and bring along appropriate sun protection
- No appointed shopping stop
- Our tours are walking tours and we make use of public transport to travel around. This means that we will be using the MTR (train) or buses
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage?
- Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage price starts from $120.75. Discover and book Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage on Tripadvisor
- What is the Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage cancellation policy?
- Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage?
- Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage is hosted by Travel-Cafe. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Travel-Cafe on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h 30m. Discover and book Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 45263P23
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Hong Kong, China
Joined in March 2017
#36 of 131 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
- Apgbg00Beautiful Places you Must visit while you are at Hong KongI definitely recommend this tour. I can say the garden and the two monasteries are incredibly beautiful. I highly recommend Ms Kenniess, she is so nice, knowledgeable, patient, she has the ability to connect and make you feel that you are enjoying a day with a close friend, she enjoys her work and loves what she shows you. I appreciate she was also very flexible and let me enjoyed the places at my pace. This tour is a MUST. Don’t miss it.
- estherchay23400Lovely bites experienceWe love to eat and we decided to take up this tour is because we wanted to know what other “secret restaurant” that we didn’t manage to try out on our own. Indeed we love the local food that are introduced to us.
- Raj O00Great tour and our guide was so lovely,This was a great tour to do as there was only the three of us and we could go at our own pace and ask as many questions as we wanted. Our guide, Leeong (sorry I don't know the spelling) was friendly, and knowledgeable. She answered all our questions and gave great shopping advice, especially on bargaining. We covered all the market areas listed in detail - except the bird garden was closed for 21 days due to a disease scare. The walking was easy and the time went very fast. I would recommend this tour.
- lramathan00HONG KONG - You made me love this city even more !Thank you so much for an amazing & unforgettable trip ! The experience & professionalism of your staff really made it flawless & truly awesome! Highly recommended ! Hope to be back soon!
- Maritauju00The best way to experience Hong Kong!What an amazing experience! I think this is probably the best way to experience the intricate and ancient culture of Hong Kong. Our guide, Kennies, was a fountain of information. This tour is well organised and a lot of fun. One will miss half or more of what Hong Kong is all about, if you don't see and experience it with a local. These markets open the inner-world and beauty of Hong Kong. The flowers, the birds, fishes and food, tell a story of an ancient and beautiful history. We didn't even realise how far we walked, it was just so stimulating and interesting. We loved every minute and recommend this tour to all that want to experience Hong Kong first hand! Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and take a back pack, there are lots of little things you will want to have... small Chinese characters for your Bonsai tree, beautiful Jade - a lucky stone, and so beautiful. Get some good quality 'fakes', if that is your thing or just marvel at the functioning of these beautiful spaces and markets! Enjoy!
- Esther C00Local Market Hopping tourThe whole trip was amazing from beginning to end. It was an awesome experience and we are really inspired to do another trip. Just want to say my tour guide Kenniess is very professional and knowledgeable. Thank you for making my Hong Kong trip a memorable one and I will definitely introduce Travel-cafe and hope they will enjoy as much as I do. 😉
Buy it with
Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage provided by Travel-Cafe
Product Overview: Small-Group Tour: Footsteps of the Heritage
Number of Photos