We specialize in small private tours focusing on airport layover tours, transit tours ,airport to great wall tours with experienced simple English-speaking driver service, which will be a best cost-effective choice for tourists with limited cherished time.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 6–9 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Admission tickets to sightseeing places
- A bottle of mineral water per person
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Private Air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver
- Making dumping fee (Lunch)
- Our souvenir
- Cable car of Great Wall
- All government taxes
- Free Car Wifi
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling)
- Your personal expenses
- Gratuities to driver
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- For any urgent change or issue, please contact us within 2.5 hours after landing off. Or it will be regarded as voluntary cancellation of the trip from customer side, and the tour fee will not be refunded.
- Beijing Capital International Airport, 3JH3+W6X, Shunyi District, Beijing, China Driver will meet you at the Starbucks of the arrival hall at the airport, holding you name board.
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 112305P7
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings on Tripadvisor
- How much is Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings?
- Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings price starts from $197.34. Discover and book Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings on Tripadvisor
- What is the Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings cancellation policy?
- Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings?
- Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings is hosted by Layover Tour Beijing China. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Layover Tour Beijing China on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Beijing Layover Tour to Great Wall & Making Dumplings on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 112305P7
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atBeijing Capital International AirportOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mutianyu Great WallStop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling)Stop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Layover Tour Beijing China
Joined in April 2017
#9 of 148 Transportation in Beijing
- Sidney J00No communication or confirmation from the company, left out to dryNo communication from the company and was left clueless as to meeting. did not do the tour because could not find the guide at airport
- jaypatel3109500An excellent layover trip to one of the seven wonders of the worldThe guide (in our case Grace) was a really fun person and knew a lot about the places we chose to visit. She also helped us to pay in the local currency to avoid paying more money for some things that we wanted to purchase. The driver was also really helpful and as one of my friends was feeling cold in his feet, he took him to buy warm socks that would help him. I'd definitely recommend it as they are very economical and fun people to take a trip with.
- Traveling-Time-B00The Great Wall of China with Beijing Private Layover Tour to Mutianyu Great WallThis is a review of my Beijing Private Layover Tour to Mutianyu The Great Wall of China. I had a 14 hour layover on January 7th of 2020 at Beijing Capital Airport and had scheduled a tour with Adele on January 6th. She was able to help me out at the last minute with email responses, itinerary, and payment arrangements. The reviews online their website looked decent so I decided to give it a try. I met my tour guide "Beiber" as soon as I could get the 24 hour entry permit that is granted to travelers without a visa. This is mandatory if you wish to leave the airport! It was Adele who sent me a list of instructions and where to go and what to do so I could meet my tour guide who brought me to his van and we proceeded with the 1.5 hour drive through Beijing to the Great Wall of China. Now January is quite cold as it was 0 degrees Celsius outside! But if you forget to bundle up, have no worry the provide a heated van ride and a thick coat to keep you warm outside! Now for the journey to the wall we started out at base entrance in the small village and was given my entry ticket as well as my cable car and toboggan slide ticket. You take the cable car/ski lift up about 5 minutes which takes you to the wall. Make sure your not afraid of heights you get elevated above ground very quick! Once up their be sure you catch a scenic view of the mountains before you go up the stairs to the great wall. Once inside your in! Congratulations you have made it to Mutianyu the Great Wall of China! What an amazing place to visit, take lots of pictures and video it will be a memorable experience. I walked a total of 2 hours, 1 in each directions from entrance number 6 to the great corner tower number 1 according to the maps posted at the base village. This time of year with such cold weather had very little visitors so I was able to get quite a few shots with absolutely no one on the wall. It was a very special experience to remember for a lifetime. You are walking structure that has been around for thousands of years, very impressive. The steps can be quite steep and terrain slippery with snow, there are hand rails in the more difficult sections for assistance. Finally making my exit I decided to take the toboggan slide down and boy was it fun. After all what you do up there you will be hungry, my tour guide met me inside the restaurants in the village and we had 1 hour lunch before drive back to airport. They have subway, baskin robbins, Chinese food, hamburgers, coffee, and all sorts of food and the venders take Visa/MasterCard if you have no local currency. All in all if you have 8 hours of more of a layover at Beijing airport, you have to take this tour and experience the Great Wall of China for yourself. My total time for my tour lasted about 6 hours. Adele herself called me to check in during my lunch break to see how everything was going, at first I was thinking to visit other areas that they offer to take you such as Tienanmen square and the forbidden city, but I was so tired from the walk on the wall I decided to just call it a day and go back to airport. It is nice to know they are very flexible with there options and they are looking out for you. Great accommodations all around. In summary if you have an extended stay in Beijing and want to experience the Great Wall give Beijing Private Layover Tour a chance. Am glad I did!
- Markkela00The Great Wall!The best way to spend your layovers, very well organized and great price. Our driver was just efficient, I will for sure recommend this layover tours 100%. We will be back some day 😊.
- Dc125100Great wallGreat tour - booked last minute for 7 hour layover and was super helpful answering all our questions on WhatsApp.
- 258nataschaw00Great tour - highly recommendedI had a layover of 20 hours at Beijing. I decided for a layover tour including the great wall, summer palace and wangfujing shopping street. The driver picked me up on time at the airport and everything was very easy and fast. The driver was very nice and a save driver. He brought me to the great wall and got the entry ticket for me. While I checked out the great wall he was waiting for me. He brought me to summer palace, got me a ticket and again waited for me while I was visiting summer palace. My last stop was the shopping street where I had some food and did some shopping. After my last stop he brought me back to the airport. It was a very nice day. Booking the trip was very easy via e-mail and the response is super fast and informative. One also has the option to book a tour guide ( I did not do that). I would highly recommend such a tour to everyone who wants to use the layover time and see something of Beijing in a very easy way. It's much more time consuming and complicated to go to the great wall with public transport. Great offer and I would do it again for sure.
- Ewa F00perfect time with perfect organizationI definitely recommend a trip with this company. Very quick information, patient answers to many questions(I organized the trip for a group of 12 , so I always ask many questions to be sure about every detail ) We had a great guide -young beautiful girl (I forgot the name-sorry!) speaking English fluently (and this is not obvious in China) .She was very knowledgeable about the places we visited. She came to the airport on time and completed the trip in 100% according to the plan. She was not only a guide. She was also our assistant-she had notes about our flight and took care about getting to the airport on time.We didn't have to worry about buying tickets and queuing up. So we all were fully relaxed during all the time. We also got water and warm jackets, which were needed in the autumn season. thank you for your professional service!
- Spartan1775700Service provided is nothing less than 100% SatisfactorySo we got to Beijing on Wednesday and got our layover visa stamped in our passport. We grabbed a taxi and went to the Crowne Plaza intl airport hotel. On our way, I was very concern on how we were going to utilize our 14 hours layover. I asked the taxi driver about couple of hours trip to the Great Wall on Thursday morning. The guy looked lost and do not speak English. When we got to the hotel, I was excited because it is a 5 star hotel. After checking in, I asked the hotel receptionist about a possible trip to the Great Wall or informations , she was lost also and do not speak English. I was so disappointed. I turned to the Internet and came across Grace tour service. At that time it was 2am. I shot her a text on WhatsApp she call back approximately a hour later. She spoke perfect English. I explained our situation and she planned our trip for the rest of my hours stay. She got us a private vehicle at our hotel by 8am for a very reasonable price. The driver was very cool and professional and never rushed us. He even make stops for us to grab breakfast. He make sure to get back to the airport in time for our ongoing flight. At first, I have given up that we were not going to see the Great Wall because of the people we encountered at first. Thanks so much to Grace and her crew who made it happened in a very short notice. We couldn’t have done it with out your. I highly recommend Grace to anyone looking for a layover tour. Very safe. She sends you information about the driver and a picture of the driver prior to his arrival to your location Thanks Guys Michelle from San Diego, California
- Britishtrophy00My excellent day with HouI don’t even know where to start. So I’ll first say how handsome he is, polite, professional and prompt. He spoke basic English but was a sweetheart and told me where I needed to be on time and was always there was by for me. I felt totally safe and he even gave me a jacket and gloves to make sure I was warm on the wall. Being fashionably cute was a big mistake, thank goodness I had Sneakers too lol. I would do it all over again, it was a full day but a pleasurable and professional cool experience. I even had to go to the atm to get more cash out and Hou walked me there to make sure I was protected. Go with these people, they do what they advertise. Thank you for everything.
- Glenda S00100% recomended, excelent serviceWe booked our trip 1 day before arriving to Beijin, our communication was via email with Adela, she was at al time available. She even recomended at our discreción to make some arregements on our tour bases in the time we had available. Our driver James was great, very helpfull, he even leanded us some money because we didin’t had time to exchange at the AirPort. He drove us just in time for our flight. If you are in Beijin for a little minute I highly recomend you consider them to make your tour! They sure know their business.
- V1850PQjorgep00Ming tombs and Great WallGreat tour! Susan is very knowledgeable which makes it super interesting. Lovely service! You can tell her priority is the customers. Makes you feel greatly welcomed. She’s also great at taking pictures! and Mr Pang is a great driver 100% recommended
- Brequelle00PERFECT LAYOVER TRIPMy best friend and I landed at 6pm at PEK went to our hotel by the airport and then booked a 7am pick up time to head to The Great Wall. Our driver was so nice and friendly and offered us a bottle of water and drove us to the Wall. We parked the car and the guide walked us over to the "lobby" of the wall, got our tickets for us and took the shuttle bus to the area of the lift to the actual wall. Told us he'd meet us at 1030 to head back to the airport to make our flight to Tokyo at 3pm. It was a HOT day. We walked around, bring sneakers!, and took all of the pictures. 1030 sharp he was there to pick us up and safely bring us to the airport. I would 100% recommend this to anyone looking to get to the Great Wall hassle free,
- Jackie S00A very Memorable Experience - Beijing Layover ToursBeijing Layover Tours provided us a very good private driving service during our layover in Beijing on June 23rd. We visited Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City and Wanfujing shopping area. Timing is just right for our own phasing and no rush. Pick up at airport is earlier than expected. Driver Biber is nice, neat, young, respectful, and helpful. Tour company is prompt at queries and provided discount for the early booking. Overall,we were satisfied with the tour itinerary, the service and the driver assigned to us is very kind to my children. Thank you for that comfortable and safe travel, Thank you Beijing Layovee Tours.
- Wilson G00Layover tripOur Layover trip was so amazing. Adela had someone(bibber) pick us up within one hour after contacting her as soon as we landed in PEK without making prior arrangements. We didn’t think it was doable but amazingly THE driver (lovely guy named bibber) picked us up and drove safely up to the wall. Escorted us all the way through the entry and up to the cable cars. They didn’t even request payment until we were safely back at PEK airport for our connecting flight! I highly recommend anyone traveling with at least 8 to 10 hours layover to call Adela!!! This was such a great experience that was literally planned last minute. Many many thanks !!!
- terezafialka00Layover trip in BeijingIf you have more than 5 hours in Beijing you should definitely to make this tour. The communication with the company was problem-free. They organized it very well. Our drover was really nice and explained everything. We were very satisfied. Great Wall was really cool experience :-)