All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall
By Greatwall Trekclub Tours
For hiking lovers, especially Great Wall hiking lovers, here will be one of your best options. You will have the chance of hiking different sections of Great Walls within one day which are originally built during the different dynasties including Beiqi about Dynasty 1400 years ago, Ming Dynasty about 500 years ago and Mingguo in 18 centuries. You are able to enjoy your trekking along the marvelous walls with less touristic atmosphere.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- A certificate of completion for hiking on the Great wall of China
- Professional hiking guide
- Personal expenses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We will pick up from your hotel inside of 5th ring road in Beijing.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 12311P35
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A Maximum of 10 people per booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available,please advise at time of booking if required
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes/clothing(better with hiking boots)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall?
- All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall price starts from $188.00. Discover and book All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall on Tripadvisor
- What is the All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall cancellation policy?
- All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall?
- All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall is hosted by Greatwall Trekclub Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Greatwall Trekclub Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book All Inclusive Private Trekking Tour at Shixiaguan Great Wall on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 12311P35
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Shixiaguan Great Wall （Southwest Gate）Stop: 4 hoursWe will depart from Beijing at 8am in the morning, and the journey will take about one and a half hours. After walking through villages and woods for about 20 minutes, you will at first reach the Beiqi Great Wall. This stretch of Great Wall was mainly built from mud, stones and wood, created an elevated military route through the harsh and rugged terrain. You will see stones and marbles opening a road among greens and stretching along ridges. You can’t help throwing all the noises and concerns away and enjoy the nature ahead. After hiking for 40 minutes, you will reach The Ming Great Wall, which was built by the Ming dynasty as a deterrent against northern settlements of Mongol tribes. Here, the Great Wall was built from bricks and stone. The Ming Great Wall stretches like a Loong (legend godlike dragon in China). You will feel like riding the giant flying dragon as you are on the Wall. And if you are familiar with Chinese history, the fierce battles between the armed Mongol tribes and the Ming armies will come into your mind as you are standing right on where these have been happening. After hiking uphills and downhills, eventually you will reach the stretch of Great Wall which was restored in the 18 centuries. The hiking tour will end here. Descending from the Great Wall within 50 minutes, you will be enjoying your lunch specially prepared for you by local villagers. Your happy journey ends here and you will leave for Beijing with all the marvels and wonders of Great Wall.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Wonderful as always…
Take a guide and discover the wildest parts of the Great Wall. James is fantastic ! I recommend him for getaways w…
Incredible Great Wall tours with the best guide
I participated to several private tours with French friends and our guide James, as I am living in Beijing for four…
Positive and memorable Great Wall Hikes!
James is always such a pleasant tour guide to have with us! He knows the routes, knows the history and has many lo…
You are not a real man or hero unless you have climbed the Great Wall!!!
This review covers multiple interactions I have had with James over the past few years. I have been on multi-day tr…
Great guide & hike!
Today was my second time hiking the Great Wall with James from Greatwall Trekclub Tours. We had an awesome day! Jam…
Amazing hikes on the Great Wall
I have already done 5 hikes with James : Jiankou, Shixiaguan, Hefangkou, ... Great Wall. I highly recommend him ! …
Best part of my trip to Beijing
I took a solo trip to Beijing in November and booked a private hiking tour. My guide James was super nice, knowledg…
Authentic Great Wall Private Tour Without All The Tourists
I am so glad I booked this trip, eventhough it is more expensive than other things offered. A friend who lived in B…
An Absolute Must!
Attention Ladies and Gentlemen! Everyone wants to see the Great Wall but if you want to see it in the most authenti…
Another excellent trip with James
This year I brought the rest of my family to experience the awesome trip to the wall as my daughters and I did last…
a day trip to the great wall with James Ren
From the 8 AM pick up at my hotel until I was returned at 7 PM, my trip with James Ren was pure pleasure,aside from…
Private tour to the Great Wall and Forbidden City
Our tour guide was friendly, knowledgeable, kind and his English was great. The best way to get to know the sights …
Best activity in Beijing - nothing even close
This was the highlight of our trip to Beijing. We spent 4 hours hiking on the Great Wall listening to Peter (our gu…
Private Great Wall Hiking Tour
This was a part of the Great Wall that is very remote and not visited by many tourists. Its a bit of a challenge to…
Great Wall Walk through autumn colour
Guide James and Vincent Lui (our driver) picked me up from my hotel (not easy in the Hutong!) and we drove, away fr…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Just when I thought I have seen the best of the Great Wall James still surprises me! This is an amazing hike. You can see two different parts of the wall and how they converge. This hike has you walking on some of the oldest parts straight into the more recent Ming Dynasty built sections. The path was beautiful with cool winds and breathtaking views! This is also a good place for camping and enjoying the area for more than just a day. We wrapped up this hike in the local village with probably one of the best Chinese meals I have had since living in Beijing!
Written September 17, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.