Travel at your own pace. This is a good choice for those who want to see the original part of Great Wall. You will not see a lot of travelers at this section. The English speaking tour guide will hike the wall with you all the way, give you introductions of the history of Great Wall, and guide you hike on the mountain roads.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking tour guide service
- Bottled water
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from any hotel located in downtown Beijing (within the 3rd ring road).
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 22240P7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour?
- Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour price starts from $160.00. Discover and book Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour cancellation policy?
- Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour?
- Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour is hosted by Tour-Beijing-Day Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tour-Beijing-Day Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 22240P7
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Great Wall at HuanghuachengStop: 2 hoursWild Huanghuacheng Great Wall is one of the most ruined sections of the wall in Beijing. Hike on the ruined & original Great Wall, at your own pace.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in June 2011
#52 of 462 Tours & Activities in Beijing
- H4572USjont00We had a breathtaking experience!We were picket up by our charming guide Angela at our hotel. Angela was eloquent and engaging and made the trip fun and interesting. At Angelas recommendation we took the chairlift which gave us a really nice view of the wall. We went on a Tuesday afternoon, there were almost no other tourists, so it seemed like we got the Great Wall almost to ourselves. The Great wall was a breathtaking experience! We got down using the car slide/toboggan. Overall an excellent trip!
- M C00Great experience !Brilliant experience. We were picked up at 8 on the dot as organised the evening before with our guide calling us at the hotel to ensure this was suitable. We had about 1h30 drive to Mutianyu but the car was very comfortable with water and aircon. Jack was a brilliant guide - he gave us an interesting overview of the history of the Great Wall and was super friendly! He was great to talk to and super organised once we had arrived at the wall. We just had to give Jack the money for the cable car (or you can get toboggan) upon arrival which was easy and he was quick at retrieving them. Then he led us up to the entrance of the Great Wall and gave us instructions at every step so we were not confused and knew what part of the process was occurring. Jack gave us so much valuable history and interesting facts - showing us certain sections of the wall, asking us questions and highlighting key parts that were valuable for us to see and know about. He took us to ideal photo spots and ensured he followed our pace, ensuring our comfortability. We couldn’t thank Jack more for making our experience so interesting and insightful and I’d definitely recommend this company if you want a guided tour or if it’s your first time going to the wall as the process was so smooth and enjoyable! We were dropped back at our hotel at the time given online and didn’t feel rushed at all during our experience - it was the ideal amount of time for us!
- christine m00Private Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall and HutongsWe had a great guide in Jack, who spoke very good English and was our guide for the day. Jack was so enthusiastic in wanting to show us as much as possible in the time allowed and give us all the history and background to the Great Wall and then the Hutong and local surrounding areas. Also plenty of photo opportunities. We had fantastic visibility and weather, cold but very sunny. The views of the Wall and surrounding area were beautiful. Walking and taking the rickshaw tour around the Hutongs was really interesting . I booked the trip having found the company on Tripadvisor and was really most impressed by the speed of response to all inquiries as it was a private day out for a group of four, that we were able to plan with them, also the acknowledgement of payments and where, when and by whom we would be met for our trip. Would definitely recommend them.
- 768nareshk00Wonder of the worldWalking through the Great wall is a totally different experience. You can imagine the architectural excellence and hard work put in by thousand of workers to make it a reality and is a real symbol of survival of mankind.
- gomekri00Private tour: Greatwall and Huaibei Ski ResortOur tour was customized according to our request. Vicky, who’s coordinating our tour has been very accommodating with all my queries. Worth the money considering that it’s a private tour for 3 pax already including delicious lunch and tea-tasting and jade lessons! Our driver was kind and patient and our tour guide, Angela, could communicate well in English. She made sure we are comfortable while enjoying at the same time! I will definitely recommend this tour company.
- Manokui00Very nice trip!Today we did the half day wall tour. Jackie came for us at our hotel, perfectly on time. The drive to the wall was great, the driver drove very safely and Jackie told us so much already. He knows all about the wall, China and has an answer to every question asked. He helped us with other things as well, such as places to go and travel schedules. Very friendly, qualified men. China is pretty overwhelming for us and we couldn't have done it without him. Thank you very much!
- BoulderTraveler200Experience of a Lifetime: Private 2-day Great Wall TourBooked a private 2-day tour from Gubeikou to Jinshanling for Day 1 and Jinshanling to Simatai West for Day 2. Our tour guide Jack was outstanding. He shared his passion and extensive knowledge of the history of the Great Wall. He was the consummate professional, making sure that we were well care for. Our driver was excellent--prompt and professional. Sissi, the trip advisor and coordinator, made the process simple and seamless. The hike was strenuous and challenging, even for experienced hikers like us. Bring good boots and any supplies (e.g. first aid, etc.) for the hike. It was an experience of a lifetime!
- RickFLL00Huanghuacheng Great Wall & Eastern Qing Tombs Tour - Awesome!I took a private tour (my English speaking Guide David, the driver and me) to climb the Huanghuachneng portion of the Great Wall. David was an excellent guide who spoke very good English. The entire experience was awesome. Because this is about 2 hours outside Beijing, its less crowded and since we were relatively early, there were few people on the wall. I spent about 1.5 hours on the wall because I climbed up the wall for about 45 minutes and the same amount of time to return. Climbing the wall is not for everyone because the steps are 16 to 18 inches high, while some are shorter. I was able to do it, but most visitors don’t go far and simply take a lot of pictures. Nevertheless, no matter how you experience the Great Wall, it’s a once in a lifetime experience and recommend it to all to do. We also visited the Eastern Qing tombs and found that to be a rewarding experience. I would recommend taking this most memorable tour.
- hmfc187400Fantastic Company - Highly RecommendedOur group of 16 used Tour Beijing on three occasions on our recent visit to Beijing. Firstly a private transfers from the airport to our hotel in central Beijing. We encountered major issues getting through immigration (over 5 hours but that's another story!) but Jackie our English speaking guide was still waiting for us in arrivals which was a huge relief after the stress of immigration. On Day 2, Jackie was at our hotel at 7.00AM to take us on our whole day tour of the great wall - two parts, the Badaling and Mutianyu Sections - what a fantastic trip and I can't praise Jackie highly enough, an absolute gentleman with a wealth of knowledge and nothing was too much trouble for him. On Day 3 we had booked a coach without a guide to take us directly from our hotel to Tianjin International Cruise port. Again the bus was there waiting for us at the agreed time and the Chinese driver who, despite not speaking any English, was absolutely fantastic, driving safely and giving us a comfort break half way. I cannot praise Tour Beijing highly enough, from the seamless booking through Vivian in their Beijing office to the delivery of our trips FANTASTIC! Outstanding service from a travel agency I highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.
- archae0100Excellent agencyBooked a two weeks custom trip with this company. Communication was swift and perfect. We travelled between the various cities in bullet trains and had different guides in Beijing, Pingyao, Xi'an, Luoyang, and Shanghai. With one exception, all of these guides were outstanding (the exception wasn't terrible, but rather "average"). All practicalities (airport and train station pick-ups etc.) worked perfectly. I would certainly book again with this agency.
- Ade281100Professional and excellent serviceOur group of 6 took this one day tour. From the time of booking to the day of the tour, the staff who arranged our tour, Mary was very responsive and fast whenever we communicated with her. We had Jack as our tour guide and he also spoke excellent English, like Mary. Jack was also very accommodating as we requested for a change in our lunch venue as we wanted to have Peking Duck. He took us to a popular restaurant with excellent Peking Duck and Chinese food. All in all we had a great experience with Tour Beijing.
- Yishan81100The best tour ever!Thank you our tour guide ,Jack. We had a great experience of climbing the Great Wall. If you want to visit Beijing, "Tour-Beijing " is your first choice! Strongly recommended tour guide , Jack!!!
- Pablo H00Excellent seviceThey were very punctual, polite and answered all the quetions promptly through e-mail. I recommend their service.
- LizzyDavisUK00Airport Layover Night TourI booked this tour because my flight arrived at 3.20pm and the main attractions such as the Great Wall were closed by 5pm. Great way to make use of a layover and the service was top notch! My layover time was 10 hours and I was a solo traveller, I was nervous about the prospect of leaving the airport but my tour guide Lisa was great and made me feel at ease. Comfortable, clean car, snacks and water on arrival. Lisa was a very knowledgeable tour guide and was completely professional in making the most of my time. Hoping to book another tour if I pass through Beijing again. Great service.
- wendi88800Tour of the Great Wall of China.It was an amazing experience. Our guide was knowledgeable and fun. She filled us in on a lot of history we would never have known. The part of the wall we went to was not crowded and we had a great day. The ski lift up allowed us to take in gorgeous views and we took the toboggan ride down which was just fun.
Buy it with
Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour provided by Tour-Beijing-Day Tour
Product Overview: Wild Huanghuacheng Great Wall Private Half Day Tour
Number of Photos