Faced with a long layover between flights at Beijing International Airport? Then, make the most of the otherwise wasted time with a private round-trip to the Mutianyu great Wall and Forbidden city. After airport pickup, travel north to this restored, scenic Ming-era section of wall, and stroll along the ramparts independently. Admire the panoramic mountain views, watchtowers, and parapets, and afterward, relax over a Chinese lunch. Private return airport transfers, lunch, and entrance fees included.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 8–9 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- All entrance fee
- Authentic Chinese Lunch
- Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide
- Private AV vehicle with driver
- Beijing Airport pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Departure details
- Beijing Capital International Airport, 3JH3+W6X, Shunyi District, Beijing, China your will meet you at the Starbucks Coffee (30 meters from your exit) in Beijing airport lobby and he will be holding a paper with (your name) on it, so please look out for him.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 110503P11
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- your guide will meet you at the Starbucks Coffee (30 meters from your exit) in Beijing airport lobby and he will be holding a paper with (your name) on it, so please look out for him.
- Please read carefully then to book this layover tour, there is no refund if you are not able to go through customs caused by any Chinese visa policy problem. Beijing 72-hour visa-free transit policy
- Most travelers can participate
- Forbidden city closed every day, so we will visit Tiananmen and skip the Forbidden city, but we can see the whole FC at the top of hill in Jingshan park
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive on Tripadvisor
- How much is Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive?
- Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive price starts from $204.00. Discover and book Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive on Tripadvisor
- What is the Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive cancellation policy?
- Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive?
- Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive is hosted by Beijing ABC-Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Beijing ABC-Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Beijing layover Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall & Forbidden City All-inclusive on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 110503P11
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atBeijing Capital International Airport3JH3+W6X, Shunyi District, Beijing, Chinayour will meet you at the Starbucks Coffee (30 meters from your exit) in Beijing airport lobby and he will be holding a paper with (your name) on it, so please look out for him.See address & details
- 1Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)Stop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Forbidden City-The Palace MuseumStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Mutianyu Great WallStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in December 2018
- Safari28630700Nice morning tourWe did this tour because we only had a short time in Beijing and wanted someone to show us around the busy attractions. We spent the morning with Bruce going though tiannamen square and the forbidden city. Bruce was very friendly and taught us a lot of history. He was always happy to stop and take photos for us and really encouraged us to ask questions. We could tell Bruce really loves to teach others the history of China which makes him such a wonderful tour guide. The tour only took a couple hours as it was just my partner and myself which was wonderful. Bruce gave us some more tips on how to spend the afternoon and which attractions he recommended. We would recommend this tour for others!!
- aqua198800Summer Palace and Jingshan Hill VisitI booked Martin as a driver to the above 2 places and he was really informative and helpful along the way. Also recommended really delicious restaurants for our meals. Highly recommend to book him if you are in a tour here, regardless if it’s to Great Wall or other locations.
- cook71660024 hour layover in Beijing - Great Wall VisitWe booked Martin, who picked us up at the airport, brought us to the Wall, helped buy tickets and brought us through the shuttle and entrance gate and left us to hike the wall for 3-4 hours. When we returned he drove us back to our airport hotel. The drive was less than 1.5 hours each way. The car was a nice, spacious and clean VW. We were given plenty of water and Martin spoke good English. Overall we were very happy with this transport option and would highly recommend.
- elainewB3086FA00Great experience with MartinI highly recommend this tour. Martin was our driver. He greeted us warmly at our hotel lobby and drove safely to the Great Wall. He helped us purchase tickets for the shuttle bus and cable car and gave us great recommendations. At the end of the tour, he was very accommodating and drove us to a restaurant.
- Robert D00Excellent service to visit the Great wall by MartinWe would highly recommend using this service for your trip to visit the Great Wall. Martin picked us up at our hotel, drove us safely in his air conditioned car to Mutianyu. He walked with us to get our tickets and helped plan our time at the wall, giving us good tips. He helped us purchase our tickets to go up to cable car. Once we were done, he dropped us back to our hotel. Great experience all around. Thanks Martin!
- Danielle L00Unforgetable and safeIn transit in Beijing for 24 hours, this activity was tailored to allow me to see the Great Wall of China, have a delicious meal in a typical restaurant and come back, without stress, to the airport to catch my flight to Manila . This package is fully personalized, the guide Mark, took me at my hotel, and left me at the airport on time, according to my needs. Totally safe, the exchanges are informative and it was so nice to enjoy Mark's experience and knowledge. I recommend without hesitation this activity that is worth its weight in gold.
- Chinatraveller48200Easy and professional Great Wall tripWe would highly recommend mr wu if you’re looking for a day trip to the wall. Everything was smooth and easy - we didn’t have to wake up too early and we were still almost alone at the wall due to the speedy (but safe!) driving. Mr Wu gave us lots of useful info and then left us to explore in our own time before arranging a lunch at the bottom of the wall.
- damanup00Excellent day trip with Nancy and Mr. SuHad a very wonderful experience with my family seeing The Great Wall and Summer Palace. Our tour guide Nancy was incredibly nice and helpful, explaining the history behind everything we saw, taking us to all the best spots, and even took us for a delicious authentic Beijing lunch. Our driver Mr. Su was also incredibly nice and even stopped to get us all a big case of water for the day, which was very necessary considering how hot it can get in the summer. If you're planning on visiting these spots, definitely go with these guys, you will not be disappointed.
- ronnieu51000Mutianyu Great Wall & Summer PalaceWe had an amazing private tour experience on our first family trip to Beijing. Nancy our tour guide was excellent. She gave very insightful and detailed information regarding the historical aspects of both attractions. The modern air conditioned minivan was expertly driven by the driver Mr. Shu. We also asked for authentic Chinese cuisine for Lunch, and were taken to amazing Restaurant with excellent local Beijing style cuisine. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. This was the favorite tour of our trip to China. I highly recommend them.
- Wenwen1171100Excellent service by MaMa came early to our hotel to pick us up for this trip. He was very good at responding to us on WeChat. The trip to the Wall was a bit long, but there was water and the car was clean and the temperature was perfect. Ma asked us to let him know if we had any requests for bathroom breaks or coffee stop. When we got to the Wall he got us our tickets and when we asked about the ski lift, he went with us to buy those. He then walked us to the shuttle bus stop that takes us up to the Wall and waited for us to finish. After we were done with our walk, I texted him that we were coming down and he was waiting for us at the bus stop. Ma is an attentive and friendly driver. He answered any questions for us and gave us lots of recommendations. Definitely recommend him!👍
- Jelenomeleno00Great tripOur driver Martin made us have the best trip to the Great Wall at Mutianyu! He picked us up at our hotel, drive us safely to the entrance of the cable car, bought the tickets for us (except the cable car ticket, not included), took us to a nearby restaurant and then took us back home safe and sound!
- FrankTsung00James provided a great service.I and my friend came to Beijing for a business trip. We got a day to spare. James’ service was recommended by my local friend. We requested a half-day Great Wall tour. The service was great. He came to pick us at the hotel lobby on time. He basically handled everything for us including purchasing the tickets and suggesting a route that fits our schedule. The trip was great and we really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it.
- essoccer003rd time a charmMarvin from Mark's group "Your Guide and Travel Consultant in Beijing" toured us. It was 3rd time to this section of the wall and a great one. Marvin was an efficient and friendly guide. He was always available and helpful. The lunch was good and the overall price excellent. The wall was like before awe inspiring. A joy to share thos with my daughter and friend, and not have to worry about logistics (because Marvin did all the heavy lifting!!).
- Zuraida Y00Day Trip to MutianyuI had a fantastic trip out to Mutianyu Great Wall with Martin. Safe driver and nice service. Good tips on tickets and trip at the Great Wall.
- splancha00Wall tourI enjoyed the tour. Wu did great as driver and friendly guider. I would recommend this trip very confortable and stressless.