The round-trip will take 4 hours, and you should wear hiking boots or sturdy shoes, as some of the paths are tough, you'd better bring one more T-shirt to change after the hiking. If you are afraid of heights or are above 65 years old age, the Huanghuacheng, Jingshanling or Mutianyu Great Wall is recommended as an alternative tour. The tour is only arranged during good weather. Jiankou is closed sometimes for fire prevention. We have right to change the agenda or different section of The great Wall when authorities close it or during very bad Weather.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Toll and parking lot fee
- Use of binoculars and hiking poles
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - The Great wall of Jiankou
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- My customers will get around by my extremely clean cars. I would like take less than 4 customers by the Nissan X-trail which is produced in 2013 and take more than 3 but less than 7 customers by the Honda odyssey which is produced at the end of 2018. of course. both of them is modern and air-conditioned.
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 144721P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Jiankou Great Wall Hiking?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Jiankou Great Wall Hiking on Tripadvisor
- How much is Jiankou Great Wall Hiking?
- Jiankou Great Wall Hiking price starts from $202.67. Discover and book Jiankou Great Wall Hiking on Tripadvisor
- What is the Jiankou Great Wall Hiking cancellation policy?
- Jiankou Great Wall Hiking cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Jiankou Great Wall Hiking on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Jiankou Great Wall Hiking?
- Jiankou Great Wall Hiking is hosted by Great Wall Expert. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Great Wall Expert on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Jiankou Great Wall Hiking on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 144721P5
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1The Great wall of JiankouStop: 10 hours - Admission includedJiankou is the most beautiful great Wall in China. Hike an authentic section of the great Wall of china at the remote and challenging Jiankou trail, passing through beautiful steep mountain scenery. Considered one of the most scenic stretches of the Great Wall, the Jiankou Great Wall is where most contemporary professional photographs are taken. The Jiankou Wall dates from the Ming Dynasty, and connects with the Mutianyu Great Wall to the east and the Huanghuacheng Great Wall to the west Zigzaging for 9. 3 miles from east to west. it is higher and steeper than the Mutianyu Great Wall, and more winding and varied than the Simatai Great Wall. Built from local dolomite. the white rock is striking to the eye from a distance. During your hike you will see theThe Zhenbeilou Tower, an important command post during the ancient wars. where is 1200 meters above sea level. Discover The Beijing Knot, where 3 walls come together from different directions.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Great Wall Expert
Joined in March 2012
- 15floriansch00Awesome experience with an awesome tour guide!!It was one of our best days on our trip! Paul is an amazing tour guide! He knows a lot about the wall and china. I can really recommend this trip! It’s a must do when you are in beijing :)
- jilltravelstheworld00Perfect Great Wall ExperiencePaul is the best Great Wall tour guide! He took us to a stunning part of the Great Wall where you could see both the original parts of the wall and the restored parts. He picked us up from our hotel and arranged everything. We hiked a few miles on the wall and got amazing views and he took a lot of photos for us! He is knowledgeable about the history and construction of the wall and has a lot of great information to share. He even sang a Mongolian song for us! He is also hilarious and we had great conversations in the car ride!
- Jgs01100Amazing day trip from BeijingMy friend found Paul GetYourGuide, and we were not disappointed. Paul picked us up at our hotel lobby promptly at 8am and we were underway in moments. He gave us great insight into the Wall and took us to a section that had no other tourists. He would take our phone and scramble up ahead to make sure we had beautiful photos of this memorable event. He even treated us to a traditional Mongolian song on top of a peak. I definitely reccomend Paul for your Great Wall experience.
- PeterRX2700Jingshanling Great Wall hiking tourThis was one of my most memorable tours in China. Paul is a cool guy and took us to a place with almost no tourists - we met less then 10(!) others - this is something very rare if you ever have experienced Chinese mass tourism... Jingshanling Great Wall scenery is fantastic. Some parts of the wall are restored, some are not. A good thing is that we did not have to go back the same way we came, we were picked up at another point. The negative point of that is, you have to walk a big part alone, because Paul has to get back to drive the car to the final meeting point. But this was no problem, I guess nobody needs more than 3 hours of explaining :-) Some parts of the Jingshanling Wall are very steep und you should have a bit of fitness to walk the tour. Make sure you have convenient shoes. Do not go with children, elderly people or if you have physical handicaps. Although we started at -16°C I was really sweaty at the end. Overall a great experience, and if other friends come to China, I am sure I would go with Paul again!
- JoeB541100Gubeikou Great Wall HikeFantastic Great Wall off the beaten track hiking tour from Gubeikou to Jinshanling with Paul and a local farmer guide. Great views on wall. Paul is an excellent guide, friendly and helpful. I can recommed him. Joe from Switzerland
- Isak R00Extremely good service and beautiful sceneryWe we're three friends contacting Paul with little notice, but no problem - he fixed the most beautiful hike in the Jiankou region. Would recommend anyone to contact him for a hassle free tour without the other thousands of tourists visiting other regions of the wall. Very price worthy. Later we had a meal with him at a recommended place, very good day.
- schorschMunich00Fantastic! Worth every pennyPaul is a reliable, friendly and open tourguide. He will tell you a lot of interesting facts about China. The car ride to the wall felt like going with a friend. Pauls guidance on the wall gave very good impression about the history. As agreed I went parts of the walk on my own. Pickup by Paul as agreed at the other end. (I had booked Jinshanling to Simatai) It has been a marvelous day.
- Tina S00Paul is the best!!Paul is absolutely amazing!! He made our trip unforgettable, once in a lifetime experience! Very nice, knowledgeable, organized...everything was perfect! We spent couple days with him. He gave his best, took us to all the places that is worth seeing, even to downtown which was an amazing experience!! The places he took us for lunch were fantastic - the best Asian food we've ever tried!! He took us to the Great Wall at time when there was no crowds, so we were able to enjoy this phenomenon and take tons of pictures. We also learned a lot about China from Paul and dare to say we became friends! Thank you so very much Paul!!
- paulinakos00Paul made our trip truely amazing!Paul was so easy, we called him on Sunday night and asked wether he would be free the next morning for a hike at Huanghuacheng, at that was no problem at all! He picked us up at our hotel and we drove for approximately 2.5h to the final destination (the last part of the drive being beautiful mountain scenery!). Paul was giving us historical insights and explained everything patiently and thoroughly (he even sang to us!). We then hiked for about 4h, whereas Paul is so easy that you can discuss the hiking time with him beforehand. He either joins you or, if you prefer, let’s go discover the wall privately. Paul is so much fun! Definitely would give him 10 out of 10. A must do trip to the wall, beautiful scenery, no tourist, authentic experience!!!
- Steener7500Great way to see the wall - no crowds!Paul is fabulous to see the Great Wall with - has everything organized for a great tour that is exciting and without the crowds! This is the way to see the wall!
- Laura C00Amazing trip, the Great Wall for ourselvesThis trip was AMAZING, this section of the wall is really impressive, wild, abrupt and beautiful, at some times the trekking is hard, but it is worth every step, and the best thing is that we were all by ourselves most of the time. If you choose to continue to the end you can also see a small section reconstructed, so you see the two versions of the wall and is much more impressive the wild one. We just crossed paths with 2 German girls and 3 Chinese tourist in the whole day. Paul was really attentive and you can asking about anything! He resolve my doubts about Chinese culture and Chinese medicine. I recommend him 100%! And book him directly to avoid extra charges!
- juniperviv00Excellent Great Wall experience with our kidsWe met Paul as we left The Forbidden City and, after checking him out here, we decided to take a tour to the Huanghuacheng section of the wall with our 7 and 10 year old kids. Paul's English is very good and it was great to be able to chat to him about China.He is very friendly and cheerful and we enjoyed his company. On the way to the wall we stopped at the Olympic site for a look at The Birds Nest. The section of the wall we visited was perfect for us. It was remote and quiet and without all the distractions of cable cars, toboggans etc! We had to climb a ladder to access the wall and some sections were indeed steep but it was nothing that our kids could not manage, in fact it added to the excitement! Paul also helped us buy tickets to an excellent acrobatic show. We would have no hesitation recommending Paul.
- gazapen1000Amazing GREAT WALL TOURWe were a bit reluctant with the tours offered by agencies and hotels as they take you to the crowdest spots. We were lucky to find Paul. He picked us up at the hotel and took us to the Great Wall with his confy off road and his good sense of humour. The spot was awesome and far away from the touristic places. He was always kind and gave us freedom to explore further. Do not hesitate to contact him for a tour.
- jacquikap00Wonderful day with Paul at the Great Wall, HuanghuachengI found out about Paul from Trip Advisor, and was excited because he sounded great and I loved that he was just a solo guide - not part of a huge company. We are very happy we booked this trip with Paul! Paul was very nice, knows English well, and was easy to talk to and nice to spend the day with. Also, he has a very nice, comfortable car, and was a good driver, which is a nice bonus when you are in another country and not sure what the cars or roads are like. After many emails with Paul, who is a good communicator, we decided to go to the Huanghuacheng section of the Great Wall because we didn't want to go to a crowded, tourist-y section, and this was a section Paul recommended. We are VERY glad we chose this section. We went on a Wednesday in September, and saw almost no one else during the day, which was amazing. The wall is partially restored, but we also got to see some wild wall in the distance, so it was a perfect combination for us. Some parts of the wall were very steep - either on an incline, or stairs, but it's not very scary when you are actually walking it. We did go up one ladder, so be aware if you have a problem with that. It was a sturdy, metal ladder, so I didn't find it scary. Paul never rushed us and we spent a lot of time at the top tower, just reflecting and thinking of the incredible structure we were on. At the end of the tour, driving back to our hotel, we asked if Paul could help us get tickets to the acrobatic show nearby, and he was able to not only help us get tickets, but at a discount and even drove us to the show. Our day with Paul was extremely memorable and special, and we are grateful to have shared this experience thanks to him. Would highly recommend both Paul and the Huanghuacheng section of the great wall.
- Sukhbir C00Great Tour & Tour Guide !!!Really enjoyed the tour with Paul, he is a really friendly and personal guy who is very easy to get along with. The day was enjoyable and I would definitely recommend him to others.
Buy it with
Jiankou Great Wall Hiking provided by Great Wall Expert
Product Overview: Jiankou Great Wall Hiking
Number of Photos