Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride
Immerse yourself in the captivating history and rich culture on a private guided full-day tour from Beijing. Set out on sightseeing tour of the less crowded Great Wall at Mutianyu section. Walk alongside your private guide as you visit it, enjoy the history and everything surround you! Spend two hours learning the traditional art of Chinese calligraphy. Under the expert eye of a master calligrapher, you’ll practice using the tools of the trade: brushes, ink and paper. Try your hand at writing Chinese characters in an artistic style. Take your completed calligraphy work home as a special souvenir of your cultural experience. Tour includes entrance fee, cable car round trip or ski lift up and toboggan down at the Great Wall, lunch, Beijing city hotel pick up and drop off.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for hotels within the 4th ring road)
- 2 hours calligraphy class
- Entrance Fee
- Cable car round trip or ski lift up and toboggan ticket
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Nanxincang Culture and Leisure Street
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Free pick up including hotels in Beijing within the 5th ring road, if your hotel is out of the city, will have extra cost, you also can travel into city to meet your tour guide
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 19099P136
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Age under 4 is free to join
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride on Tripadvisor
- How much is Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride?
- Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride price starts from $253.87. Discover and book Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride on Tripadvisor
- What is the Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride cancellation policy?
- Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride?
- Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride is hosted by Unique Beijing Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Unique Beijing Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 19099P136
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mutianyu Great WallStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Nanxincang Culture and Leisure StreetStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Unique Beijing Tours
Joined in May 2015
#36 of 463 Tours & Activities in Beijing
- TCU200700Memorable, Informative, and Fun!The tour to Mutianyu and Huanghuacheng Water Great Wall is a trip we will never forget. The Great Wall in and of itself is a wonder to behold, as one of the world’s UNESCO Heritage sites, it holds an immense amount of history in each and every brick. Although we knew some information about the Great Wall and of China’s history, we further learned even more through our tour guide. Andy, our guide, was very well-versed in the history of China and shared with us more knowledge about the country’s thousand long existence, knowledge that one wouldn’t typically find in a textbook. He also shared with us various trivia and even helped me understand some parts of the language such as the pronunciation of certain words and the like. Moreover, Andy himself was very friendly, warm and welcoming; he kindly offered us help and advice towards the end of our tour on where to go and what to do in the city. He was fun and outgoing as well as informative and educational. Overall, our trip to Mutianyu and Huanghuacheng Water Great Wall will forever hold a special place in our hearts as a memory to look back on.
- michellej91300Great night highlights of BeijingLearnt so much about the Beijing and saw way more than we would have on our own. Our guide Lucy was amazing, the city really comes alive at night. Highly recommend this tour.
- Meander5903059479400Highly recommended tour of the Forbidden City - express but personal :)Had an enjoyable morning, thanks to my tour guide Susan who showed me the Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. To begin with, the tour saved me from queuing up for the tickets, which would have taken at least an hour. Susan picked me up from the hotel, and we quickly built a rapport along the way to the landmarks. She was friendly, and offered to take some photos as we cut through the Tiananmen Square to enter the Forbidden City via the south gate. I enjoyed listening to the history and anecdotes of the China emperors. Susan kept the tour interesting by making me guess some of the answers rather than plainly telling the facts. Thanks Susan for making it a memorable tour for me. Highly recommended!
- chcochran201000Sweet Summer Palace TripThe Summer Palace/Botanical Garden tour was an amazing experience and a great way to wrap up my try to China. I couldn't have had a bette tour guide than Susan. She was very knowledgeable and allowed me to enjoy each local at my own pace while answering all the questions I had. We took the boat tour out on the lake at the Summer Palace. It was very nice but honestly too short, I would have liked to see that be longer. The Botanical Garden was very lovely, very large with no way to see all it had to offer in just a couple hours. This would be a great place to spend a full day just walking around and enjoying all of the beautiful horticulture. All in all, I could have spent a day at each stop, the Summer Palace and the Botanical Garden. if I must pick my favorite part of the day, it would have to be the green bean ice cream :-) A great experience with a great tour guide! I will definitely book more trips when I return to China!
- chamilajk00Amazing & Joyfull 😍One of the best tours we have been on !!!! We had an amazing time at the great wall and enjoyed a very delicious authentic chinese meal. Our guide Miko did an amazing job. He helped us from the begining to the very end and even kept in touch until we reach our home country safely. He took amazing photos of us and selected the best food for us to enjoy. We had an amazing time. Highly recommend this tour. Five stars for our guide Miko.
- NatalieLazenby00Not to be missed if you visit BeijingI highly highly recommend this tour. Lucy was amazing and so knowledgeable on the Temples we visited. The history and the stories were absolutely fascinating and definitely worth doing the tour and walking through the streets and talking about the history of the area was amazing. We finished our tour with a Dim Sum dinner that Lucy ordered and everything was out of this world. I highly recommend this tour.
- 630constantinp00Truly excellentAmazing food experience, 5 restaurants with different Chinese province food in 3 hours. Lucy speaks excellent English and is a fantastic guide. Highly recommended.
- Escape2453019167200Amazing trip to BeijingThis was the first time I traveled to Beijing and it was a wonderful experience because of my tour guide Ivy. She is very passionate about her job and she is very knowledgeable about Beijing history. She will make you fell as you are at home. Don’t hesitate to contact her if you are going to Beijing.
- Lover_of_food2b00Good food!Anson was our tour guide. He spoke great English and had tons of knowledge about the neighborhoods we were walking in, which was also the location of our hotel. He gave us a variety of food choices, all delicious, but did give us the option to be more adventurous. We opted out of eating anything too exotic. We were so impressed with Anson, we signed up for a tour at the Forbidden City and requested him. He is extremely knowledgable about the history in China and tells it in a way that keeps things interesting.
- patricianF2969KY00Best Shopping Day Ever!My friend and I decided to spend the last day in Beijing shopping. We came across this activity on Trip Advisor and decided to sign up for it. Anson confirmed our tour the day before and was at our hotel the next day in time to start the day. He asked what our interests were and after some thought he laid out the plan of going to a tea market, Hong Qiao Pearl Market and Panjanyuan flea market. He offered to assist us with bargaining if and when necessary and sure enough we came out way ahead with every purchase. It helped that there were hardly tourists around because of the low season and vendors were desperate for customers. We appreciated his ability to translate as we wouldn't have been successful in trying to understand what was said. All in all if there was a rating of 10 I'd give Anson that!
- Inspire71958400Had a nice Tour trough the Tiananmen AreaWe had a great time with our guide Lucy. We started at the Square and the Gate of Forbidden City before walking to the Tiananmen Area to eat some local Food which Was great!!! Lucy told very nice and interesting things about the history of Beijing. The Teahouse Show was also great, i didnt understand anything but there are English subtitles and its good to get to know the Chinese Type of Theater and Show =) def recommend this Tour to small groups Just to See Beijing also from the other side
- Juergenf34100Very nice.Very nice and friendly person. Good to learn more about Beijing. Nice chance to see chinese culture.
- MancinPhil00A taste of real Chinese foodWe were met by our guide Linda at our hotel. Linda took us on an amazing tour over more than 3 hours around Beijing. Linda was very pleasant and well educated to provide us with much information about what we ate at each location. TIP - Do not eat too much too early !! There are maybe 8 stops on the tour to sample food. We felt guilty towards the end as we were full and could only try the last few dishes. No pressure to eat the food though. Linda was very friendly and likeable and would recommend her for this tour. Thanks Linda !
- 48lorrainek00Great private tour with LindaI recently booked a private tour with Linda and it was a very enjoyable day. Linda was very punctual, friendly and professional and provided great detail on all places we visited. Travelling to sites via subway was a unique and efficient way to get around Beijing. I happily recommend Linda to any future travellers.
- 294JohnR00Lucy’s Excellent 2 hour Forbidden City TourMy girlfriend and I very much enjoyed the tour of the forbidden city! It started by walking through the Tiananmen Square, where Lucy gave us a lot of history of the country and the government that was relevant to the buildings around us. We then entered the Forbidden City and it’s really something you have to see for yourself! (As an added bonus with a Lucy we didn’t have to wait for security which easily saved 30 minutes). Lucy was constantly engaging us with history, stories, anecdotes, and much more. She also knew the best spots for pictures! It was a lot of walking and we didn’t want to stop! Thank you to Lucy, make sure to choose her for the best private tour you can get!
Buy it with
Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride provided by Unique Beijing Tours
Product Overview: Beijing Private Culture Tour: Chinese Calligraphy Class and Mutianyu Great Wall with Cable Car Ride
Number of Photos