Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Save time by taking part in three traditional Chinese activities in just a few hours on this cultural experience. You can choose to put on your Hanfu (traditional Chinese costume) and spend roughly one hour on each on Chinese calligraphy lessons, ink and brush painting, and bricks extension. The lessons take place in a traditional Chinese room where you will gaining artistic inspiration from the decoration and furniture. All necessary supplies are provided, take your completed work home as a special souvenir of your cultural experience.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Nanxincang Culture and Leisure StreetStop: 3 hours - Admission includedYour tour guide will pick you up at the prearranged time, then hop on a private vehicle to the traditional Chinese room in which the lesson is held. Your experience begin with the welcome tea, gaining artistic inspiration from the decoration and furniture of the traditional Chinese room. Your teacher is an expert, well respected in the Chinese traditional culture scene. Under the careful guidance of your teacher, try your hand at using genuine Chinese tools; Gain knowledge of the Four Treasures and how to use them: brush, ink, paper, and ink stone. Learn to write your favorite Chinese character and your name on a square piece of paper. After a short tea break, you'll learn the traditional ink and brush painting. Traditional Chinese painting is considered one of the oldest continuous artistic traditions in the world. It uses "Shui Mo" (water and ink), which is a freestyle technique created using a brush dipped in ink and water, and onto rice paper. You will get to learn different brush strokes, as well as get a solid introduction to the oriental materials, tools, and the painting subject. Next, get to know the history about this traditional art called " Zhuan Ta". In ancient time, Chinese characters were caved on the bricks, bronze or bones. To make it easy to bring, later Chinese people start to use ink and paper to make the copy of the characters and pictures. This artwork start from Tang Dynasty ( 618—907 A.D) and most popular in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Under the careful guidance of your teacher, try your hand at using the ink and paper and antique bricks to make your first work. After know the basic skills, you will start to make the complicated work. At the end of the class, you can either write your name or make your Chinese painting on a traditional Chinese fan and take home as a unique souvenir. Your tour will ends here, you can choose to explore the surrounding area on your own, your tour guide can help you to get a taxi to your next destination.Read more
- Hotel pick up(for hotels within the 3rd ring road of Beijing city)k
- One-way private transfer
- Tea and snacks
- Profesional tour guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Nanxincang Culture and Leisure Street
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age under 4 is free to join
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Unique Beijing Tours
Anson was our tour guide. He spoke great English and had tons of knowledge about the neighborhoods we were walking …
Best Shopping Day Ever!
My friend and I decided to spend the last day in Beijing shopping. We came across this activity on Trip Advisor an…
Had a nice Tour trough the Tiananmen Area
We had a great time with our guide Lucy. We started at the Square and the Gate of Forbidden City before walking to …
Very nice and friendly person. Good to learn more about Beijing. Nice chance to see chinese culture.
A taste of real Chinese food
We were met by our guide Linda at our hotel. Linda took us on an amazing tour over more than 3 hours around Beijing…
Great private tour with Linda
I recently booked a private tour with Linda and it was a very enjoyable day. Linda was very punctual, friendly and…
Lucy’s Excellent 2 hour Forbidden City Tour
My girlfriend and I very much enjoyed the tour of the forbidden city! It started by walking through the Tiananmen S…
Min Li F00
Overall, we enjoyed the personable experience and the story telling. We had our tour with Anson. And he made the to…
Highly recommend this tour!
Jimmy was our tour guide and he was exceptional! He spoke fluent English, was flexible by including a stop at a fav…
A comprehensive tour of Beijing’s Bird’s Nest
It was a marvelous evening walking tour in and out of the Impressive Beijing Bird’s Nest Olympic Stadium. Our tour …
Private city tour in Beijing
Punctuality, good and friendly service. Special thanks to Mark Yu, very good English speaking, excellent knowledge …
This tour is AMAZING!
My girlfriend and I took this tour with Lucy and LOVED IT! It was just us three hanging out and walking through Hut…
Quick guided tour of Beijing
Linda was fabulous! We could not have had a better guide. Our stay in Beijing was very short, only a partial day, b…
Transit Visit to Beijing
Linda, our tour guide, wanhis a most welcoming host to Beijing and China, especially in the confusing flurry of tra…
Trip to the Great Wall
While the commune architecture is interesting the best part of this trip is the private access to the Wall. We wer…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,957 travelers!
from $150.40* $188.00
Popular: Booked by 1,362 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 1,802 travelers!
from $59.20* $74.00
Popular: Booked by 636 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 116 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension
Which attractions will I visit with Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension on Tripadvisor
How much is Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension?
Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension price starts from $147.20. Discover and book Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension on Tripadvisor
What is the Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension cancellation policy?
Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension?
Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension is hosted by Unique Beijing Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Unique Beijing Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Beijing Cultural and Art Workshop: Calligraphy, Ink Painting and Brick Extension on Tripadvisor