With comfortable round way transfer service from Beijing Airport / airport hotel, take an exclusively customized quick layover tour to the must-see sight in the capital city, and follow a local guide to explore the royal park of Summer Palace and admire the Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 6–7 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Licensed professional driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Airport pickup & drop-off
- Entrance ticket fees
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Beijing Capital International Airport / Airport Hotel
- Beijing Capital International Airport, 3JH3+W6X, Shunyi District, Beijing, China Beijing Capital International Airport / Airport Hotel
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 33255P42
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour guide will hold a sign with your name and wait for you at the exit
- It usually takes more than an hour to exit the airport and go through customs
- Basically you are required to be back to the airport 2-3 hours prior to your departing flight
- Please make sure you have enough layover time to take the tour, basically around 10 hours
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport on Tripadvisor
- How much is Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport?
- Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport price starts from $192.00. Discover and book Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport on Tripadvisor
- What is the Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport cancellation policy?
- Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport?
- Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport is hosted by ChinaTravelService.Net Beijing. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact ChinaTravelService.Net Beijing on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Summer Palace and Olympic Sites Tour from Beijing Airport on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 33255P42
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atBeijing Capital International AirportOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)Stop: 6 hours - Admission includedThe private tour guide will pick you up from Beijing Capital International Airport based on your given flight details, or airport hotel at your customized time. Please provide flight information or hotel with starting time while booking. Upon meeting on the spot, drive straightly to Beijing city with approx. 1 hour (Time may change a bit with a specific traffic volume). Follow your guide to explore the royal park of Summer Palace, listen to your guide’s live commentary of the royal history and enjoy the stunning landscapes. Then move on to the National Stadium, here you will have an outside visit of Bird's Nest and Water Cube, both were designed as the main stadium of 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, and now the center of international or domestic sports competition and recreation activities. Later have a relaxing transfer back to Beijing airport or airport hotel, and your memorable tour concludes.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in April 2016
#252 of 458 Tours & Activities in Beijing
Not really all that it's cracked up to be
This tour leaves you wishing you skipped 3 of the stops to spend more time at the Great Wall. After picking up everyone (including the snobby Americans at their posh hotel) the first stop is the Jade Factory - high powered sales people following you around their vast showroom is annoying. Next stop is Ming Tombs - totally could have skipped this as there's really nothing to see except the structures out at the front. You don't see any 'tombs' as the only one open is empty with replicas of things. By the time you drive the next 2 hours you're at lunch, which is really nice then you walk up to the Great Wall ticket booth which is a complete zoo. Pushy locals cutting in front of you constantly. Use your elbows and spread out to keep them in check. You feel rushed most of the time there. If you're looking to climb to Tower 1 do it quickly and then make your way back down to the toboggan for the ride down. I just wish we had cut out either the Jade or the tombs so we could have spent more time at the wall. The tea stop is another high powered annoying sales stop. While having actual tea is nice the people will up-sell you all they can after the tasting is done. Probably could skip this too. Now comes the long haul to get back into Beijing. The traffic was so bad that we were told it could take 3 hours to get back to our hotel. We were given the option to take the metro/subway which we did - at our own expense and the tour operator didn't offer to refund anything or pay for the metro tickets. Several of us took the metro because we were done sitting in a stuffy van. If you're interested in going to the Great Wall at this location - hire a private car. They won't need to give you any chit-chat about the wall that you don't already know. This way you can spend as much time as you want there and not have to deal with the stupid stops along the way.