per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 0-80, max of 8 per group
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- All admission tickets as listed in the itinerary
- Lunch x 2
- Round-way Tianjin Cruise Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Round-way cable car at the Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Personal Expenses
- Hotel accommodations
- China visa
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- The Cruise Company will assign an appointed disembark time for each passenger in advance. Please let us know when you have it. The tour guide will await you with holding a sign at Gate 3 before that time.
- Gate 3, Tianjin Cruise Port
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7137P128
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Passport information is required for the forbidden city tickets booking, please forward each individual traveler's full name and passport number at the time of booking.
- The hotel pick-up and drop-off area should be within the 4th ring road of Beijing. We suggest you book a hotel located in central Beijing
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. We try to meet individual requirement but can NOT 100% satisfy. Thank you for your understanding.
- We include round-way cable car or round-way chairlift/toboggan. If you want to take one-way cable car and one-way chairlift/ toboggan, please pay the price difference CNY100 per person at your own expense.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel on Tripadvisor
- How much is Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel?
- Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel price starts from $424.54. Discover and book Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel cancellation policy?
- Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel?
- Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel is hosted by The Trippest Mini Group Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact The Trippest Mini Group Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7137P128
Reserve your spot
About the operator
The Trippest Mini Group Tours
Joined in March 2013
#54 of 469 Tours & Activities in Beijing
- 761zyt00Not worth the price! ☹️The experience was drastically different than promised in the description, which did not justify the price of the class. Instead of going from the very start (picking ingredients and preparing the dumpling filling), the dumpling dough and filling were prepared before we arrived. All we did was to make a few little flat circles to wrap the dumplings, fill them with the filling, and wrap them. All in all, this took maybe 20 min of the 3 hours top. Unlike the description of the class, we did not get to pick our ingredients from the local market, make the filling, nor cook the dumplings. The saving grace was that the host family and guide was welcoming and friendly. There were no clear instructions via email as after-sales care either, so we had no clear idea of where to be picked up for the class.
- 439annen00Wonderful 2 day tour in Beijing with our tour guide David.We took the 2 days Beijing tour and it was so wonderful to see the great wall, Forbidden city, Tiananmen square, the Summer palace, the Temple of Heaven, etc.. David, our tour guide made our visit so enjoyable and we had a really great time. We learned so much history from David and he also is very skillful in getting short cut so we can get in line must faster. Overall we highly recommend this tour.
- tavakolik00Excellent experienceThis kind of excursion cannot be done without a person knowing very well the itinerary and also the right persons. It was a great experience for me, I highly recommend.
- 641gregors00Great Tour except the lunchWe did the Mini Group Tour: Beijing Forbidden City Tour with Great Wall Hiking at Mutianyu with Dan as guide. It was a wunderful day with a very well organized tour, which we enjoyed very much! The trip through the forbidden city was a little bit less detailed than I expected but still very nice. You basically just follow the very touristic route straight through the core of the city and the guide will tell some instersting stories or facts about the buildings and artworks. The stay at the Great Wall was amazing, we really took a lot of time for a hike along the wall and Dan answered all questions in detail. But keep in mind that you have to pay an extra 15-20 US$ for the caple car. They offer you to walk to the wall but I am not sure if that is really an option because than you would not have a lot of time at the wall itself. The only thing which was really bad was the lunch. Dan told us there wouldn't be any good chinese restaurants in Mutianyu so we would have to eat at Burger King. After we ordered at Burer King the WORST meal of our whole trip in Asia, Dan left and came back with some amazing chinese food for herself from a little place just around the corner. We were sitting there asking ourself why she didn't tell us about this place beforehand but nobody explained to us why. For future tours: PLEASE give people the choice where to eat lunch! Besides that we had a great day! Thank you again for everything Dan!
- Richard T00Private Airport Transfer the way to go!A no fuss way to make your flight on time and take the stress away. Booking process simple and immediate. Service was excellent. Driver courteous and early!
- Abi L00Knowledgeable and kind guideVery cool tour, I went in the winter of 2022, so the Great Wall was completely deserted. Covid restrictions were still in place at this time. I was the only one to book, so it ended up being a full-day, private tour 😊
- ni59900Nice guide, helpful and thoughtful.Nice guide and tour, Mei was our guide, decent english, even helped with other reservations. In general a nice a lovely guide and tour! Glad we booked this and her.
- Curiosity79635500Visit to the Great Wall in MutianyuI went to visit the Great Wall during China's public holidays (which means it was very crowded) and thanks to the guide's recommendations we were able to access the Great Wall without any problems. Bobjack is a great guide, very friendly, attentive and very well-informed about the culture and history of China.
- ymaki00Good comprehensive tour of forbidden city and great wallOverall a good day tour. Our guide William picked us up with his driver at our hotel, and we went directly to Tiananmen Square. We had a private driver and we were the only ones on the tour, so we never needed to wait for parking or for anybody else. This was very convenient and worth the expense, as car travel is very time consuming in Beijing. After Tiananmen Square, we walked directly to the Forbidden City. Then our driver picked us up and we had lunch on the way to the Great Wall (fee not included). It took 2 hours to get back from the wall to the hotel. All the experience was smooth save for the usual Beijing traffic. William is a full time tour guide, so he was very knowledgeable about the history of China and relevant events which happened at the tour destinations. He even drew out a detailed map for us by hand to show the location of the Great Wall and the reason why it was built at that latitude. William also said he specializes in foreign tours, which makes sense because his English was good. For any tour in general, especially in countries where English is not the first language, I recommend you pick a tour agency which employs full time rather than part time tour guides, as I have found the quality of the tours to be much better. Note that the Forbidden City and Great Wall are not wheelchair friendly. Expect a decent amount of uphill walking on the Great Wall if you wish to visit tower 20 (recommended). Overall a positive experience worth the time and money. However I will likely not tour these locations again in the near future, because I think once is enough for these types of historical tours.
- richcR3212PY00Forbidden City Guided TourSuch an amazing experience! Our guide (Cactus) was so knowledgeable and passionate. She taught us about the culture and provided so much detail. I highly recommend choosing the guided tour if you want to get the most out ofyour trip and elevate your experience
- Jonathan B00Highlight of our trip to ChinaBob chen was a brilliant tour guide and our great wall hike was a highlight of our trip to China.He gave us loads of great photo opportunities and we went at a pace which suited us.
- screwballs10900Half day Great Wall tour via JinshanlingHad an amazing tour with Rico as our tour guide. Picked up promptly at our hotel, comfortable drive to Jinshanling. We were lucky that it was pretty quiet the morning we went. The views were spectacular and it really felt like we were walking a path through history as we went. Rico had information about the Wall and it’s development/use through the centuries. Also his English was very clear and easy to understand. We wrapped up with a tasty local lunch and sleepy drive home. Would thoroughly recommend.
- SterlingLee00Once in a lifetimeWe got “lucky” being amongst the first tourists to the Great Wall post covid-19, and had the place to ourselves (we live in China, so domestic travellers our only competition). Rico was an exceptional guide, helping to carry our things when we wanted to run part of the way, answering all our questions and letting us dwell at particular points. A fantastic experience all round.
- ethel_rothangpuii00SmoothAfter a long flight, seeing the placard with my name was quite relaxing.Although the driver did not speak English, he was very professional and we could communicate via translator app. All in all everything was smooth.
- kathyvharper00FANTASTICWonderful tour. Had a fabulous tour guide Susie who was very knowledgeable and very professional. There was only two people and the sights were Jingshan Park, Qianmen walking street, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. I booked through Orange Transfers because of other TripAdvisor recommendations and was pleasantly surprised. From the time I booked until the end of the tour the communication was first class. There was a message left at my hotel on the time I was to be picked up.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jul 2019 • Couples
We had a great time thanks to Tom who was our Tour guide, he went the extra mile for us, he love his job and that makes a difference when he speaks about his country. If your Travels takes you to Beijing let Tom be your guide his contact is 186 0075 0919
Written July 28, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel provided by The Trippest Mini Group Tours
Product Overview: Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos