Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local Speaking English Guide
- Served at Ice House Restaurant
- Entrance tickets to Forbidden City & Beihai Park
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Beihai Park (Beihai Gongyuan)
- Children's admission tickets
- Boat fee in Beihai Park
- Personal consumption
- Entry/Admission - Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- If your pick-up location is not within the scoop of definition, your guide will meet you at an appointed place and transfer you back to the same location after the tour ends, or you would like to pay additional car charge for pick-up service from your hotel.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 41501P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name and number are required at time of booking for all participants (for Forbidden City entrance ticket booking in advance)
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 41501P6
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)Stop: 20 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Forbidden City-The Palace MuseumStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Beihai Park (Beihai Gongyuan)Stop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Wendy Wu Tours
#61 of 469 Tours & Activities in Beijing
- Wanderer5444238182300Cambodia group tourAmazing holiday discovering Cambodia (Classic tour, Nov 2023) with a widely varied programme. Led by very friendly and skilled tour guide, Mr Sokhoeun Bout, whose knowledge of and passion for his country made this a fantastic experience. Wonderful food, excellent hotels. Can't praise this holiday enough.
- tonyl245000Wendy Wu and Jason 21 day China Classic.The combination of the most friendly efficent staff in Sydney which guided my wife and I through the complex visa system preparing our paperwork also arranging an appoint in Sydney. Nothing was to difficult and all went smoothly. The other factor which made the holiday so memmorable and it worked like clockwork, Jason our guide. Jason made our group into a family of 21 people of all ages very quickly. His daily updates and knowledge of China and its culture old and new were clearly explained, a factual discourse with direct knowledge and a touch of humour. He called on local guides in regions as we got to there. Working with him the pair made sure every question was answered and all best attractions were visited at the best time to minimise crowds. Internal Fast trains, Bullet trains and Airport transits went without a hitch. His care of us and desire for the group to experience local cuisine,he put so much effort into achieving this for us was admirable. The country is MEGA everything, so advanced and beautiful, do it and experience China for yourself with the best, WENDY WU and JASON.
- cherrycromarty00Don't use Wendy Wu!This review is about Wendy Wu's awful customer service when dealing with a complaint. I recently returned from a Wendy Wu trip, a special 70th birthday holiday. It didn't live up to expectations & when I returned I sent an email to their customer services team (as did the majority of our group) I was just fobbed off with a £100 discount voucher for my next trip with them! As if I would ever travel with them in the future! The hotels used on my trip were definitely not 3/4 as advertised. Restaurants used for lunch & dinner were very basic & some restaurants had dirty facilities. The food was repetitious, often inedible & often cold! We were rushed to dinner at 7pm in the evening, often having less than half an hour after getting back from a full day sightseeing! Then rushed through our meal so that we had from 8pm with nothing to do as several of the hotels had no lounge or bar! I don't expect to be rushed in & out of dinner, then have to sit in a hotel room for the rest of the evening, not my idea of a holiday! I spent the whole trip living off snacks I bought at shops when we stopped for toilet breaks. Arrangements were often confusing & our guides were not given the relevant information in good time. For example, we didn't get our return transfer details until after dinner (8.30pm) on the last evening despite having asked our guide for this information 2 days earlier. It wasn't his fault as the admin team just didn't send it through until the last minute! It was really stressful as we didn't know what was happening other than we needed to get to the airport for an early flight at 6.40am. The hotel we were in had no facilities, tiniest reception I've ever seen, no bar or lounge so our only option was to go to bed once we had been given our pick up time for our travel to the airport. We were told to be in reception at 3.30am & when we got to reception at 3.15am we were told 'sorry mistake should have been 4.30am'! So we sat there for an hour worried that we now wouldn't get to the airport in time! This is the worst experience we have encountered on our many trips!We have taken trips with other companies & always have been given transfer arrangements 1 or 2 days prior to departure. I've since looked at Wendy Wu reviews from 2017 that complain about the same thing & Wendy Wu customer services team promise to investigate & rectify this problem! Just false words as 5 yrs later exactly the same problems are still happening. My experience with Wendy Wu has been stressful & disappointing. The company is badly organised & once the
- alaskanw202300ExcelentVietnam at Christmas, Excellent Experience From start to finish Vietnam at Christmas was amazing, The tour group, Local Guide Loc, we must have been blessed as the weather was excellent only one day of rain. Tour Group 11/10 Guide 11/10 Hotels 8/10 Food 8/10 Itineary10/10 Faboulous experience on Christmas in Vietnam, Date of experience: 15 December 2022
- DMT g005 Day Private Culinary Cambodia TourMy husband and I recently returned from a 5-day Wendy Wu Tailor-made Private tour of Cambodia. From the moment we arrived at the airport and were greeted by our guide Dara and driver Wen we felt at ease. Their professionalism and friendliness was exceptional. Dara was very knowledgeable and made our tour even more special as we learned about Cambodian history & culture. Dara was also very entertaining and quickly recognised we are relaxed people, and he was happy to share a joke and a laugh. Dara was happy to adjust the tour as per our request and nothing was too much trouble. The accommodation standard on our tour was excellent, especially in Phnom Penh and Kep. Most of the day tours included were fantastic with the Kampot Pepper Farm and visit to Rabbit Island the highlights. I would recommend Wendy Wu Tours as we felt safe and well looked after our entire tour.
- toricrosby00One of a kind experienceI went to Sri Lanka in 2017 on a Wendy wu tour. I love how inclusive it was. I wasn't stressed about what I was doing that day as they had it all planned already. Alot of meals were also included which was another stress free thing. Our tour guide was lovely and he gave us great commentary
- rosemary59400Good experienceI never actually got to take this holiday because of the Coronavirus Pandemic. However, I would like to say that once the tour was cancelled and I asked for a refund of my deposit the matter was handled quickly and efficiently by Lorraine Bowman, the Customer Care Manager, who oversaw the return of the deposit to my bank account in less than a week. This will certainly encourage me to use them again for any future trips.
- Kifferdodge00Refund of depositUnfortunately our tour of China next month has been cancelled due to the virus. Wendy Wu customer service was exemplary from the start, and our £3200 deposit has now been refunded into our bank account, just four days after we asked for this to be done. Thank you Wendy Wu.
- jas88_1200Terrible Customer Service - just after your moneyShortly after booking a 14 day tour of China, and paying a deposit, the Coronavirus outbreak occurred in Wuhan and the city went on lock-down. Part of our tour was to fly from Shanghai to Wuhan, and as the situation became steadily worse, Cathay Pacific announced they were waiving all flight cancellation fees to China. Under these circumstances I called Wendy Wu to cancel our trip. They refused to refund our deposit saying it wasn't them it was the airlines who were charging a cancellation fee. After I pointed out that I had spoken to our airline and they were not charging cancellation fees Wendy Wu still refused a refund, instead they tried to get us to change the date of the trip, or change the destination to another country - all of which incurred extra fees on our part !!! I am now trying to get our deposit back from our insurance company. All through this Coronavirus outbreak Wendy Wu's information webpage is playing the situation down big time, saying the outbreak is on the decline, the numbers are not that bad under the circumstances and how they have cancelled February and March tours but everything after that will go ahead as planned. We are now in March, are they really serious that they still plan to take people to China !!?? Wendy Wu tours are an absolute disgrace. If you choose to book with them just be aware that they really are only after your money. I thank our lucky stars that we had not paid the full price of the tour before the outbreak.
- papabearCarnoustie00Shocking customer service.We booked an 18 day tour of China with Wendy Wu and were delighted to to be going on the holiday of a lifetime. A week later and the Corona virus situation unfolded. As things got worse it became apparent that the holiday was in peril. The foreign office then declared no non essential travel. China was in shut down, our travel insurance was now invalid yet Wendy Wu refused to refund the holiday which had been paid in full. Their customer service was shocking. Many phone calls with them consisted of delaying tactics and diverting blame to airlines and anyone else who came to mind. Our flights were then cancelled by the airline yet Wendy Wu continued to say this was normal and we could reschedule and go another time, anything to avoid cancelling. They point blank refused a full refund. In the end we cancelled and lost all of our deposit. Can't believe how we were lied to and treated by the reps. We travel the world extensively and Wendy Wu, on paper, looked like our go to operator from now on. Let's just say our opinion has changed.
- Ann J00Glories of China Wendy WuHad a fantastic tour of China. (Glories of China) Our tour guide Alice was fantastic, she went above and beyond and made our group feel extra special. Met some terrific people and saw some fantastic things etc Terra Cotta Warriors, The Great Wall, The Magnev train and the Bullet train. We would highly recommend Wendy Wu tours
- Chrissyh5600Wonders of China tourIn October 2019 we headed to China for the Wendy Wu “Wonders of China” tour. Our tour guide was Kai Ning. Beijing was the start of our wonderful China adventure. The itinerary covered so many different attractions and Kai was always there to share his love and knowledge of China. Kai was always organised and kept us on track so we got the most out of our holiday. Philip and I would like to say a big thank you to Kai and our fellow travellers for the 16 days of travel, stories and laughs.
- T6675LVjohnb00Wendy Wu - Grand Tour of ChinaOct 2019 - We have just returned from a 26 day 'Wendy Wu - Grand Tour of China' which was absolutely EXCELLENT!!! Our China holiday gave us an insight into a beautiful country, rich in history and tradition. We were extremely impressed with its clean and safe modern cities filled with beautiful helpful people. Our National Guide was Sam Gao who was very professional, his expert knowledge of history and facts on every city and region we visited was interesting and educational. Sam, together with the local guides, made the tour fun and a very enjoyable experience. The many activities, evening shows, meals and hotels were brilliant, and we had so much fun with the other members of our tour group. Thank you Wendy Wu & Sam, this was a fantastic holiday with fond memories that we will remember forever, and we will be recommending this Wendy Wu tour to all our friends. John & Elena
- Brian T00Wonders of chinaMy wife and I did the wonders of china tour it was full of amazing places to see ,Beijing, Shanghai, Yankee river cruise for 4nights t One of the highlights was the terracta warriors the panders at the changing zoo and many more the for was great
- dusan0100Classic ChinaWe wanted to visit all the must see sights of China plus some less well known so we decided on Wendy Wu Tours . We chose Classic China a 20 day tour which ticked all our boxes . I can’t speak too highly of the company from initial booking to helping with Visa applications to our fantastic tour guide Grace Gao,,who was very enthusiastic to show us her China .