Book by November 23 to save 15% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Built over 1,400 years ago during the Ming Dynasty, Mutianyu is one of the oldest sections of the Great Wall of China. The UNESCO World Heritage-listed Summer Palace, from the 18th century, contains one of the most famous imperial gardens in the world. Discover both attractions—and explore two millennia of Chinese history—on this unique all inclusive combo tour.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Niaochao National StadiumStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Mutianyu Great WallStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)Stop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 4Hall of Benevolence and LongevityStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Long Corridor at the Summer PalaceStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Qingyan Stone BoatStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Exciting combo tour of Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace
- Photo op at Beijing's famous "Bird's Nest"
- Local lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What to Expect
Your day begins with a convenient hotel pickup and scenic drive to the Mutianyu Great Wall, one of the oldest and most rugged sections, covered by picturesque chestnut orchards. Stop for a photo op at Beijing National Stadium, the famous “Bird’s Nest” from the 2008 Summer Olympics. Unlike the tourist-packed Badaling Wall, which is closer to the city, Mutianyu remains less explored, so you have time to leisurely wander the iconic monument without the crowds. You can even climb ancient watchtowers for views of the surrounding countryside. Break for a mouthwatering authentic lunch at a local restaurant. Then get ready to shift gears—and jump over a 1,000 years forward in time—at the 18th-century Summer Palace, known as the best-preserved imperial garden in the world. Enjoy the UNESCO-listed landscaped grounds, once home to powerful Qing rulers, before getting dropped back at your hotel in Beijing.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for hotels within the 5th ring road)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance Fee
- Cable car round trip or ski lift up and toboggan ticket
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Benevolence and Longevity
- Entry/Admission - Long Corridor at the Summer Palace
- Entry/Admission - Qingyan Stone Boat
- Dragon boat cruise in the Summer Palace
- Additional entrance fee to the museums
- Entry/Admission - Niaochao National Stadium
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you choose to have Spanish language tour guide service, please ensure to make your booking at least 3 days in advance
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This day is one I will never forget. We went on the fourth of July... the HOTTEST day. Lucy took us to a private part of the wall and knew the best spot to take pictures. I have SO many pictures from that day that I will always treasure. It has always been a dream of mine to…
Date of experience: July 2019
We went to Mutianyu and Summer Palace with Jimmy. He was a wonderful tour guide and made sure we were comfortable the whole time. Since we were there in January, it was less crowded, and still had some snow. Such an amazing experience! We went to a private home for lunch. My…
Date of experience: January 2020
Took this tour last week with the lovely Linda. Easy pickup from our hotel and it was a nice drive out to the Great Wall. The wall was covered in snow so we had some real “picture postcard” photo opportunities. Linda’s knowledge of the Wall and general Chinese culture was…
Date of experience: January 2020
As part of a whistle stop tour of three Chinese cities I decided to book to go to the Great Wall and Summer Palace. Susan the guide met me at the hotel and we were driven out to the wall. A pleasant drive that didn’t take too long. The Great Wall was deserted as it was snowing…
Lucy was on time to pick us up from our hotel lobby with a car and driver. She managed to make us visit the Great Wall and the summer palace in time to drop us at the Pearl Market on the same day at 1530. Lucy’s English is impeccable and she is extremely polite and easy going.…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Discover Beijing Tours
JIMMY! The best!
This tour was AMAZING. Although it was a rainy day, Jimmy brought sunshine. He was very knowledgable, purchased o…
Becky was a fabulous tour guide.
This review is a long time in coming, we visited China last year 2019 in March/ April. We were a private party of …
My partner and I landed in Beijing the night before and we wanted to experience Chinese cuisine the next day so we …
Our guide, Becky was amazing. She was very knowledgeable about the history of the zoo and surrounding areas. She al…
Great tour combo if you've seen great wall and forbidden city.
Our guide Lucy was waiting for us ahead of schedule in the hotel lobby. We followed the itinerary and were able to…
Perfect for my overnight stay
This tour was perfect for the few hours I had in Beijing. Pick up and drop off from Hotel very handy. It was a cond…
Highlight of my trip to Beijing
My tour guide Lucy showed up at my hotel early and prepared. We embarked on a perfect day of serious walking and hi…
Great tour for a short trip to Beijing
Lucy took me on the tour of the Summer Palace, she was very knowledgeable and a great companion for the day (she ta…
Best tour guide in Beijing!!
We had a great time on our tour with Jimmy. He knew every historical fact about Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City…
Private tour of forbidden city
The forbidden city and tiananmen are a must-see when visiting Beijing. Jimmy was a great tour guide and pre-purchas…
Lucy was lovely, the wall was beautiful and the toboggan ride so much fun! My phone ran out of power so Lucy took s…
Great Wall is great fun
Lucy and her driver took us around Beijing. An amazing highlight was seeing the Great Wall (held together by sticky…
.......Jimmy is a Great Tourguide, very knowledgeable and fun to listen to. Absolutely recommendable!
Great Guided Tour with Susan
We had a really entertaining and informative tour with Susan. Good english, attention to detail and made the histor…
The tour was fantastic, there is lots to see at night. I would recommend this to anyone The tour guide was espec…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 633 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 5,209 travelers!
Beijing Classic Full-Day Tour including the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven
Popular: Booked by 2,848 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 310 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour
Which attractions will I visit with All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour?
How much is All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour?
All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour price starts from $159.80. Discover and book All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour cancellation policy?
All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour?
All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour is hosted by Discover Beijing Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Discover Beijing Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour on Tripadvisor