Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Great Wall is not only one of China’s top attractions but also one of the world’s most popular landmarks—with the crowds you’d expect. Discover your own untrodden stretch of Great Wall with this adventure-filled visit to Jinshanling, a rugged and remote section of the ancient barricade that has still been fully restored, guaranteeing a one-of-a-kind visit.
- You'll start atZhangzizhong RoadDongsi Subdistrict, Beijing, Dongcheng, Beijing, ChinaOutside of Exit C of metro station Zhang Zi Zhong Lu on Line 5.See address & details
- 1Beijing Downtown Travel Service Co., Ltd.Stop: 3 hoursSee details
- 2Jinshanling Great WallStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Beijing Downtown Travel Service Co., Ltd.Stop: 3 hoursSee details
- You'll end atZhangzizhong RoadDongsi Subdistrict, Beijing, Dongcheng, Beijing, ChinaOutside of Exit C of metro station Zhang Zi Zhong Lu on Line 5.See address & details
- A guided tour of off-the-beaten-track Jinshanling Great Wall
- Get an insider's peek at parts of the wall few tourists get to see
- Hike the whole way, or opt for a scenic cable car ride (extra expense)
- Entrance fees and round-trip transportation from Beijing included
What to Expect
Depart from a central meeting point and settle back for a 3-hour bus ride through the Chinese countryside. Jinshanling, further away from Beijing than other sections of the wall, has been spared the crowds, so you’ll be guaranteed a quieter and more adventurous encounter with the ancient stone barricade. Jinshanling also offers the wall’s finest hiking trail, stretching 3.7 miles (6 kilometers). Your guide waits at the other end, so you can walk at your own pace. Take time to linger over the impressive restoration, with 15 watchtowers and picturesque views over the ruins. Or, you can opt to take a cable car part of the way (own expense). The tour also takes a peek at the steep and scenic ruins of the Simatai section of the Great Wall, which is rugged and unrestored. Compare both sections of the world-famous landmark in areas that few tourists get the opportunity to visit.
Zhangzizhong Road, Dongsi Subdistrict, Beijing, Dongcheng, Beijing, China
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fee of Jinshanling Great Wall
- One bottle of water
- Pick-up from Exit C of Zhang Zi Zhong Lu metro Station on Line 5
- Entry/Admission - Jinshanling Great Wall
- Cable car fee at Great Wall
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please prepare your own lunch and snacks for the hike
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, date of birth, gender, and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers; Sunscreen, water, hat are highly recommended to bring
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
It's the path less traveled so there is no crowd at all in winter, you also get to let less restored sections of the wall. The guide was also groundout and knowledgeable. The wall itself just blew me away!
Date of experience: January 2020
We book the group tour. Meeting point easy to access in beijing. This day (8th august) we were a "big group" of more than 20 people. Even though, on site just a little more people. We had some good explanations from the guide and then 3 hours to walk on the wall (some parts…
Date of experience: August 2019
We had booked a trip via our hotel Beijing 161 Courtyard for a hike. We were picked up by Joe and Iris our guide. She gave us lots of information about the wall and it was nice to walk in our own pace “the Wall” This hike was so nice with original pieces of the wall and more or…
Date of experience: January 2020
Feeling slightly under weather,I am worried that I was unable to complete the hike according to the given time. But Iris,the guide has been extremely patience, kind and encouraging. Iris spoke English well and was ever ready to answer all of my questions about the wall and took…
Date of experience: December 2019
Iris was our guide and she was excellent!! Chirpy and fluent in both English and Mandarin, she gave a concise yet complete summary of the history of the section of the wall we were to climb this morning. Once up on the wall, the hike was free and easy, 6 km over 3 hours, at your…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Beijing Downtown Travel Service Co., Ltd.
Great explanation and ways to tour mutianyu great wall
I have been to badaling great wall long time ago. This time I accompany mu friends from Australia to tour Beijing. …
Exactly as advertised, without hidden Sales etc.
The tour guide Iris was very welcoming and tried her best to make us feel comfortable. We were also a quite small …
Mutianyu one-day tour
I went to Mutianyu great wall take around 2 hrs to reach it. There is 3 options to get Mutianyu from parking lot - …
The Best Way to See and Experience the Great Wall of China
This Great Wall hike was a true highlight of our Asian Vacation. Our private guide Zachary picked us up at our Bei…
Amazing trip. Good workout.
Iris was great. Very friendly and with very good English. Bring snacks to the trek and good grippy shoes.
Great Tour !!!!
Had a good time - nice walk ! Food was excellent, guide Aris was very nice. Panda is not appear in the great wall
Friendly, comfortable, helpful, safe and knowledgeable.
I have just done the group Wall tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West and I would HIGHLY recommend this company. Ve…
The driver and the guide led us into this unforgettable trip. Both of them were very nice and kind. The experience …
The great wall
It was a pleasure to hike to the great wall. Everyone was kind and open minded. I would definitely recommend it. Th…
Superb day trip, strongly recocomended!
I had a biz trip and on my spare time planned a day trip to the Great Wall. What was great about the trip is not th…
Great daytrip to quiet yet beautiful part of the wall
Had a great day out from Beijing to the wall. Was a bit further to drive, but amazing views and nice challenging wa…
The Great Wall is absolutely majestic and this one day tour does not disappoint. Thank you so much Iris for all you…
Iris was a great guide for our tour! And this part of the Wall is great for pictures as it is not crowded. Takes so…
Amazing experience with a really friendly guide Iris ! Excellent ! We did the Jinshanling part, a bit more challeng…
Great experience with Iris
We did a one day tour to the Great Wall and had an awesome time. Iris was an excellent guide and the whole tour was…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 127 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 5,209 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 309 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 376 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West
What time does Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West start?
Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West on Tripadvisor
How much is Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West?
Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West price starts from $53.99. Discover and book Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West on Tripadvisor
What is the Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West cancellation policy?
Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West on Tripadvisor