8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension
By Kenya Tru Nomads
A 5 days safari visiting Hell's Gate, Lake Nakuru and Maasai Mara. Lake Nakuru: Enjoy the fabulous water birds and other bird species. The best place to view the birds is from Baboon Cliff, where you get an excellent view over the lake and the wonderful spectacle of pink flamingos along its edge. Maasai Mara: The Maasai Mara Game Reserve is one of the best places in Africa for wildlife viewing. Finally, you can relax and enjoy 3 days in Mombasa with amazing landscapes.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 8 days
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
- Entry/Admission - Lake Naivasha
- Entry/Admission - Lake Nakuru
- Entry/Admission - Mara River
- Entry/Admission - Mara River
- Entry/Admission - Mombasa Tusks
- Entry/Admission - Mombasa Go-Kart
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from any hotel in Nairobi
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 114645P20
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension on Tripadvisor
- How much is 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension?
- 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension price starts from $3,011.54. Discover and book 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension on Tripadvisor
- What is the 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension cancellation policy?
- 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension?
- 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension is hosted by Kenya Tru Nomads. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kenya Tru Nomads on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 8-Day Lake Nakuru- Masai mara & Mombasa Extension on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 114645P20
Reserve your spot
Lake Nakuru/Maasai Mara
About the operator
Kenya Tru Nomads
Joined in February 2017
#3 of 40 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Mombasa
- Voyage22471300Amazing !Kenya Tru Nomads deserves to be rated at the top. I was a little concerned when I first booked the trip because of the low price. I was not disappointed at all. Communication was timely and excellent. Every time I emailed I got a respond within a day. We spent Amazing 7-day safari and it was Awesome!! I highly recommend this company without reservations.
- Companion28159400If you want unforgettable Safari choose this companyThe best experience in Kenya provided by this company. Made our visit very special. We saw the big 5 and many more. The lodges were of a very high standard m. 5 star experience overall. Thank you Faith and George
- shish99000amazing experience with the best tour guideGreat Safari! What a wonderful vacation. With the help of our driver Hussein, who was incredible we were able to see the Big 5 up close. We can’t say enough about how wonderful he was. Thank you so much Kenya Tru Nomads Tours.
- paolobrondi5400Mountain RegionI went with them for a 6 days, 5 nights safari at Naivasha, Nakuru, Aberdare and Mount Kenya snd I really appreciated the tour and the driver/guide Shauri,,,the car was good and safe and the accommodations very very nice, can’t wait to travel with them again,,, also excellent value for money
- PollyGuantai00WonderfulWas the best decision I ever made choosing kenya true nomads safari, the driver picked us on time at the airport, he was so friendly, kind, professional. We got to the Mara around 2pm and had the best time of our lives. We enjoyed our 3 days 2 nights. Saw all the animals in Mara including tano bora cheetahs. Their land cruiser was so comfortable and didn’t encounter any challenges in the rough terrains. I’ll choose kenya true nomads again for my next safari. They give value for your money. Thank you so much Faith and Shauri.:))
- Dominique G00First safari ever and couldn't want for more!This tour was a dream come true! The beginning of our journey was stressful as we'd forgotten to get our visa and then had to reschedule our flights. Faith was soooooo accommodating and happily amended everything for us, even though we'd had 3 changes for our flights! We got collected by Thomas who was our tour guide and he was lovely! He was so welcoming and recognised we needed to rest after out massive mission to our first time in Africa so he let us rest! The 2 day tour was epic! We saw every animal we requested and even more! Thomas and other operators worked hand in hand and spoke bus radio to help one another too which I thought was a lovely community touch. Our stay at voi was lovely... The accommodation and hospitality was amazing! I cannot fault this safari at all. A once in a lifetime experience that I will remember forever Thank you Faith and Thomas! I will recommend you to everyone and will hopefully see you again doon soon xxx
- LadyVol-VB00Outstanding customer service by Faith Chebet!!!In June, 2019 I sent emails to eight different Mombasa safari tour companies. Not only was Faith Chebet of Kenya Tru Nomads Tours the first to respond, her email answered the three basic questions in my initial email. Several of the other tour operators never responded and the others responded with basically a generic email that required me to then send them another one with my same basic questions. After I finally received pricing information from the other ones, and Faith sent that to me right away, I was able to compare. I liked how complete and detailed Faith’s quotes were (and she also helped me narrow down which park made the most sense given our constrained time frame), and decided to book our overnight safari with Kenya Tru Nomads for when our cruise ship was going to be docked for two days in Mombasa in November, 2020. Via CruiseCritic I ended up getting 25 other cruise passengers that were interested in doing the overnight safari. Faith communicated very efficiently and quickly with me and we all paid our minimal deposit via PesaPal (Africa’s version of PayPal, I think). I continued to email Faith because passengers would come up with different questions that they needed answered. Faith always responded quickly and thoroughly. Fast forward to March and April, 2020 and many passengers decided to cancel the cruise because of the coronavirus concerns. I was sending Faith many cancellation emails and I was hearing back from the passengers that they were getting their deposits refunded within a week. Finally, in mid-May, 2020 the cruise was canceled because of COVID-19 and the rest of us had to request our deposits be refunded. Once again, all of them were refunded to us, without issues or hassle, within one week. I am so sad that I will not be able to go on the safari in Mombasa. If the safari itself was anything like Faith‘s communication skills and thoroughness, we are going to miss a wonderful tour. So, I can’t actually review the tour, but as someone who has put many small group tours together for cruise ship passengers, Faith was a pleasure to work with and the most professional tour company person I ever dealt with. I am very sorry that I will not get to actually meet her or Kenya Tru Nomads employees in November and I am praying that the people and economy of Mombasa are able to withstand COVID-19.
- winonahamilton00Company and staffOver 50 people on a cruise had booked with Faith at Kenya Tru Nomads Tours. Faith was one of the most competent tour operators that I had the pleasure of working with on this 79 day around Africa cruise. Quick responses to all questions. Flexibility in accommodating my group of 30 people. Changing people to different jeeps and providing me with documentation of same. Providing tips on the actual safari. And then the virus hit. Kenya Try Nomads was right there to give us back our deposits. A real pleasure to work with this company. Winona
- Hari K00Wonderfull Tsavo East SafarisThe safari to Tsavo East was for 2 days, staying at Voi Safari lodge overnight on the Saturday. We were picked up early on Saturday morning and everything was arranged very well and we felt very comfortable. Our driver/guide Shauri was very friendly and knowledgeable. We had 2 game drives on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Very happy customers, we will definitely travel with Kenya Tru Nomads Tours again!
- littletravelfam00Great first Kenya experience with our 6 year oldWe had a fantastic experience in Tsavo through Kenya Tru Nomad Tours! Faith and her team were super professional and detailed in the planning phase, and she was communicating regularly with our driver throughout our visit. Our driver Hassan absolutely MADE the trip - he was kind, knowledgeable, very flexible and 100% focused on making sure we had the experience of a lifetime. He even agreed to do a night drive with us, which was not on the original itinerary. We stayed at the Sarova Saltlick Game Lodge and cant recommend it enough - we would wake up to the animals coming to the watering hole in the morning, and fall asleep listening to them under our window at night. Highly recommend the Landrover Jeep option over minivan - better viewing experience and the truck was in excellent condition. We were worried our 6 year old might be too young, but he absolutely fell in love with Kenya and will tell everyone who asks about how he 'saw 4 of the big 5, a lion/hyena chase, zebra kill, elephant charge, etc.' and made a presentation with photos to his class when we got back. Without hesitation I recommend Kenya Tru Nomads for this incredible trip!
- Lucy F007 day safari in Kenya followed by 4 days Dinai BeachWe were 2 couples and had an excellent time visiting Masai Mara, Amboseli and Tsavo parks - George our guide was outstanding. His experience and knowledge of animals and parks meant that we saw wildlife in settings we never expected. One day we saw 20 lions before breakfast (all easy to see)! We saw the wildebeest migration, cheetahs, leopards in trees and so much more. Our only disappointment was that we did not get to see the elusive rhino. We stayed in a mix of tented camps and lodges and for us the tented camps were more fun and of a higher quality. The journeys between parks were long and bumpy in parts but George was a great driver.
- Tilbrooks00Our honeymoon safari (Amazing)What can we say... once in a lifetime trip thanks to Kenya tru nomads tours. Thanks to Safari our driver and tour guide (which I must say was great and so lovely) has given us a honeymoon to remember forever. We saw all types of animals including the big 5! Great fun going on game drives with Safari giving us lots of details about the animals going round the national parks. Thank you so much and would highly recommend you to anyone wanting to go on safari. Thanks Mark and Yazzmin
- federicosv00Best trip everI just came back from an unbelievable trip to the great Masai Mara and lake Nakuru. It was amazing, can't find enough words to describe it. Safari, our guide is the best person to take you there, he's an amazing driver and knows well the area. You'd be lucky to have him as your guide.
- lphillips53100Trip of a lifetimeMy mother and I did an 11 day Kenya/ Zanzibar trip. I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Faith made the planning process SO easy and was very accommodating. She was even able to make a last minute change for our last excursion day. Faith always responded promptly to my emails which I greatly appreciated. Our guides George, Elijah, and Shauri were very knowledgeable and made sure that we saw the best that Kenya had to offer. All of our camp/ hotel accommodations were absolutely superb. I HIGHLY recommend Kenya Tru Nomads for your trip.
- Suhas_Ganguli00Aparajita and Suhas’s ReviewAmazing experience! Faith is a very professional, thoughtful and efficient tour operator. She made sure we were always comfortable and put up in the best of the lodges and camps. The real asset of this company is their driver and guide, Mr Safari. Safari made our experience the most memorable one. He has a natural talent for game searching, and the required patience and energy for game viewing. We toured Tsavo East, Tsavo West, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara with Safari; we got to see the big five animals within first 2-3 days, thanks to Safari’s motivation. He is extremely knowledgable and well versed with the park terrains, flora and fauna and local customs and cultures. We are still friends with him and would definitely tour with him again. Thanks to Faith’s arrangement, our stay in the Z Hotel in Zanzibar was also very comfortable and relaxing. We would recommend Tru Nomads to everyone and would definitely use their services should we do travel to East Africa again. Positive Highlights: 1. Mr. Safari, the tour guide-the best part of our trip 2. Amazing itinerary 3. Mara Sopa Lodge 4. The Z Hotel Suggestions: 1. Ask for Mr. Safari, the tour guide specifically 2. Make sure you are actually booked in the lodges/hotels you were promised at the time of booking. In busy seasons, changing hotels/lodges can be difficult 3. Ask for a 4x4 vehicle specifically, if possible