The safari departs Nairobi in the morning and involves a drive down to the the floor of the Rift Valley, making a stop at view point to see the escarpment and the awesome sight of the valley and the features there in. To arrive Maasai Mara in time for lunch, followed by a late afternoon game drive that introduces you to Kenya’s most popular game
Ages 18-70, max of 14 per group
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- 2 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Nairobi, Nairobi
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- View Park Towers, Utalii St, Nairobi, Kenya 14th Floor
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 106028P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 106028P3
Day 1: Masai Mara
. Masai Mara
About the operator
Bushtroop Tours and Safaris
Joined in June 2014
#248 of 1,458 Outdoor Activities in Nairobi
- Alexander U00Awesome experienceAn unforgettable trip to mount kenya. The organisation was perfect and there was hardly anything to complain about. 5 days and 4 nights is a very comfortable pace and manageable for almost everyone. Only the summit day with the subsequent descent was intense and exhausting.
- jawhark202300Mt KenyaI organised Mt Kenya with Bushtroop. The trip was amazing. The guide Peterson and the rest of the team were great. I highly recommend.
- mjh26300Self drive through Kenya and Tanzania! Nice but tricky as well!“We decided to do a self-drive through Kenya and Tanzania and booked a car about 2 weeks before our trip via Bushtroops. The contact with Jacqueline was good, and she was also flexible with the times for the first appointment in Nairobi. When Fred (the guy who worked for Jacqueline) arrived, the paperwork was easily done, and he gave us some warnings about the borders and the paperwork. When all was set, we were ready to check the car. We had asked for a Land Cruiser with a pop-up roof, a fridge, and air conditioning, but after the briefing, we found out the car had no air conditioning (which is definitely a must since it was very hot). We discussed this, and Jacqueline and Fred arranged another vehicle for us straight away. Sadly enough, we found out later that the air conditioning was broken. Here, the contact with Bushtroops was good. They had a lot of contacts that could help us, and the problem was fixed (after 2 small attempts and one bigger one in Arusha). The car itself was really good; the Toyota Land Cruiser is definitely the best car for a safari. Besides the air conditioning, we had no issues, and it helped us in a lot of ways during our trip. Long story short: we are happy with the car rental at Bushtroops and the way they helped us out with the car and at the borders.” Tip: when delve driving and cross ring borders be aware that there is a lot of corruption. This will cost some time and effort. Especially in Tanzania.
- rachelmiller9400Incredible 4 day trek to Lenana Peak, Mount KenyaMy partner and I just completed an incredible 4-day trek to Mount Kenya, organised by Bushtroop Safaris, and we couldn’t have had a better experience. We climbed up the Naro Moru route and down Sirimon which was beautiful but very challenging on summit day. Jacqueline was very helpful and responsive, always answering our questions very quickly. Everything went very smoothly and we felt very well taken care of. Our guiding team, led by Peterson, were excellent. They made sure we were safe, had fun, were fed very well and helped us to reach the summit. Peterson was very knowledgeable about all of the wildlife and took precautions so that we didn’t get altitude sickness. We chose to go with Bushtroop Safaris as we were looking for a more affordable way to climb to Lenana Peak, Mount Kenya. The trip was cheaper than other providers but there was no compromise of safety or comfort. The only difference we could tell between this and any other travel agent was that we took public transport to and from the mountain, but this was well organised so not a problem. Overall an amazing experience that we would thoroughly recommend to those with a good level of hiking fitness. A few things to note: - This route is very challenging on summit day (more than 12 hours’ difficult hiking) so make sure that you have trained appropriately. - You’ll be well fed but bring snacks and sweets to keep you going during the hike. - Make sure to pack clothes for very wet, very hot and very cold temperatures - the weather is very changeable. Try to pack lightly or leave bags in the Bushtroop office, otherwise it is a lot for the porters to carry. - Make sure to take out enough cash in advance to tip the trekking team. We had a team of 6 guides, cooks and porters to tip and these tips form a large part of their income. - Ask for Peterson, Samuel, John, David, Philip and Margaret - they are the best!
- truhanLondon00Amazing experience with Bushtroop tours and safaris with Julius as the trekking guideIt is difficult to choose what I loved more of my experience in mount Kenya, the scenery of the route Sirimon- Chogoria is just amazing, the atmosphere experienced at the huts was great and the personal pride of reaching the summit can't be described. But all this wouldn't be possible without the support of a brilliant team who took care of me, Jack, Joseph at the kitchen and Julius, the super guide!! Thank you Bushtroop tours and safaris for organizing an unforgettable experience!
- shelbycoop100WONDERFUL MOUNTAI KENYA TREK.I had such an amazing experience with my husband and friends. The team was very efficient at communication and we had an excellent guide, Michael. All covid protocols were observed and we still managed to enjoy the trek. Thank you so much for enabling us to make this new memories looking forward to coming back to Kenya and booking with you again.
- ksirgery00Car rental for self drive safariWe rented a car from Jacqueline. The speed of communication, ease of doing business and accuracy were all very helpful.
- _seapirate82002WD car rented out instead of 4WD and failing camping gearUnfortunately, we had quite a bad experience with Bushtroop Safaris. We hired a 4WD car with them including camping equipment. At some point, however, we got stuck in the mud in a national park and that’s when we found out the car wasn’t a 4WD, but a 2WD. By then, we had already driven on roads that were 4WD only and realized we had taken some risks there. Also, we had to change our plans as we weren’t able to access all roads anymore. We contacted Jacqueline, who was always quick to respond and friendly, and she was feeling really bad about this and said that they hired the car from someone else and didn’t know about it. We agreed to get a refund on the car, but we’re now 4 months in and still haven’t received it. We have had contact with Jacqueline several times in the past months ensuring us that the money was on the way, but it never arrived. Beside the issues with the car, the camping equipment wasn’t in good shape either. The tent poles had been repaired very often and were only barely useable. Also, after the first night we found out that the air mattress was leaking. We tried to have it fixed, but weren’t able to and they apparently don’t sell them outside Nairobi so we couldn’t get a replacement. Finally, the gas muzzle didn’t work properly as it took an hour to get a pan of water to get warm. That last thing was an easy and cheap fix, but on the whole we weren’t really able to camp out. So, unfortunately, it wasn’t at all what we hoped for.
- Alfredo d00Wonderful Safari Experience between Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru and Amboseli National ParkWonderful 6-Day Safari between Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru and Amboseli National Park. We were a group of 3 persons (I, my mom and sister) and we shared a mini-bus with 5 Americans and our guide. It was not a luxurious safari, but it was just what we were looking for: adventure! We had lots of fun, we saw all the animals we wanted to see (even the rhinos!) and we got along very well with the rest of the group. A special thanks to Geoffrey, our guide and driver. He is amazing! Always friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and willing to share his knowledge and experience. The information and communication with Jacqueline, the manager of Bush Troop Safaris, was excellent! Next time in Kenya, I will definitely book again with them. Highly recommended! +++++ Alfredo
- Roland_Rp00Mount Kenya Trek with a great guideWhat shall I say: Everything was perfect. - The whole organization of my trip including Hotel in Nairobi and airport transfer - I had the best guide for the trekking tour I can imagine Julius Kinuthia. Thank you once more for those great six days we had together and all the learing about wildlife and Kenya as a whole you shared with me!
- Meander53269700WonderfulWe had a wonderful experience in Kenya with Bush Troop: Sami is an extremely experienced guide and an extraordinary person. We thank you so much. Jacqueline organized everything in a perfect way. Thank you Jacqueline
- SayUncle0011 day Safari Experience!Two fellow women teachers and I just returned from an eleven day safari arranged by Jaqueline, our contact. She was able to custom the safari to fit some of our needs and wants, such as incorporating hikes, bike rides, and boat rides. Our driver, and guide extraordinair was Oliver who picked us up at our Airbnb in Nairobi. He gave us a wealth of information about the country, its culture, and of course all the animals, and was infinitely patient with us. We visited Amboseli (known for the elephants, and it did not disappoint) the warm Samburu, Lake Naivasha where we took a boat ride amongst the hippos, and finally to the Masai Mara where our car parted the Great Migration of antelope, water buffalo, and Zebras. We saw the Big Five as well as the Special Five groups of animals on our journeys, and were also able to see Masai villages, and for an extra cost, ride in a hot air balloon! We went on the budget safari, but the camps were fine, and plenty of food served. I would highly recommend Bushtroop for the budget minded Americans who might think an authentic African safari is out of their reach.
- Todavia200Great experience!Last August along with our below 12yrs young boys, we went for our first safari experience. We had a very attentive driver and saw great sites for our money: a leopard eating in a tree, giraffes snacking and a lion and lionesses resting after their meal. Our driver brought us to all these places. Everyone was excited, when we'd go out. Even our electronic focus children, stopped playing during the safaris keepi g their eyes on the lookout. We stayed in various accommodations: luxurious tent and lodge. The meat filled meals were delicious. We enjoyed every aspect of our adventure and most of all, we felt safe throughout. We recommend Bushtroop for the first timers families, couples and singles travelers out there. You'll be well treated. P.s. Jacqueline was super patient with me, as we were planning the itinerary that would best suite our budget, time and expectations.
- maximilianl35300Amazing ExperienceMy wife and I were able to make 2 safaris with Bushtroop (Amboseli and Tsavo West, Masai Mara). The contact with Jaqueline was very good from the beginning, she was honest and very professional. As we were uncertain in our travel plans, she reacted very quickly to our needs and wishes. She recommended the Jeep instead of the minibus and we were really happy with this decision, even though it costs extra. The greatest benefit however was our guide, Nestor. His knowledge of animals and the different terrain is simply astonishing. Moreover he is a great great guy and we had lots of fun. I am convinced that he is one of the best guides you can get. So if you’re in doubt which company to choose for your safari in Kenia, I’d go with Bushtroop and Nestor without any hesitation.
- alejandrosotojesus00Car rentalGood Morning. We contracted with Bushtroop Tours and Safaris and everything went perfectly. Months before to arrive at Nairobi we had contacted with Jacqueline by email. She responded very quickly to the emails. After comparing prices and services we decided to rent a 4x4 with your agency. We paid to her 300 dollars in advance and when we arrived in Nairobi we paid the rest at the airport. When we arrived in Kenya, at the airport, a worker from the agency was waiting for us. We had hired a Toyota and we had prepared a Nisan, the boy told us that the Toyota had it in the mechanical workshop. After 10 days in Kenya we returned to leave the car at the Nairobi airport. In this time Jacqueline was waiting for us to pick up the car. The impression she gave me is that she was a very nice and professional person. We did not have any kind of problem with the service.