Thebes: Luxor was laid for centuries the capital of the Egyptian kingdom.homer. there we will see the dream and feel it every stone there has long story.until finally, it became the capital of the pharaohs of the new kingdom, there we will see the smile of Ramses and the rest of the pharaohs, and we have more always more.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- mineral water bottle
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- we will pick up from the hotels of Luxor and from the airport of Luxor in the time of meeting in the place of the clients.
- Luxor, Luxor City, Luxor, Luxor Governorate, Egypt we will go meeting our clients in the chosen place from them.
- Luxor Airport, Luxor Egypt
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 162287P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Dream of Thebes?
- Dream of Thebes price starts from $187.00. Discover and book Dream of Thebes on Tripadvisor
- What is the Dream of Thebes cancellation policy?
- Dream of Thebes cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Dream of Thebes on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Dream of Thebes?
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 162287P3
Reserve your spot
meet at luxor air port ,railways...
meet to visiting LUXOR east bank...
About the operator
Egypt 24 Travel
Joined in November 2018
#37 of 212 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Luxor
- L1008GZeds00A must tour. Color full. For your senses.This tour is fantastic. A must. The guide is the main reason: Ahmed Ebeid Gabr. Very professional. The best guide we had in Egypt. Nubian village is color full and full of discovery. Thank you for this memorable moment.
- edpC826YC00A Wonderful Time On The NileMy wife Romelia and I spent five days on the Dahabiya Orient Star with Ahmed as our agent, our guide, our teacher and our new friend. Egypt 24 travel is Ahmed's business and he personally organizes and leads each excursion. Ahmed is a formally educated Egyptologist who has spent over 20 years leading and teaching others about the history of Egypt. Ahmed is easy-going, extremely knowledgeble, energetic, enthusiastic, often animated and sometimes philosophical in his presentation. Our Dahabiya adventure started after spending a couple of days in Cairo. Our Saturday evening flight from Cairo to Luxor was delayed. Ahmed ended-up waiting 3 hours for us at the airport in Luxor - nevertheless, he took us downtown for a tour of the city (and to find me a pair of sandels) and then stopped to show us the Luxor Temple in it's night-time splendor prior to boarding the launch to take us across the Nile to the Dahabiya. The next day (our first full day) was by far the busiest of all. After an early breakfast we set off to see all of the most important sights on the East Bank and then the West bank of Luxor. Ahmed was great, and by the middle of the day both Romelia and I felt that we had won the lottery with Ahmed as our guide. The Orient star was very comfortable with a friendly crew and excellent buffet-style meals each day on the upper deck. The three of us were the smallest group onboard. There was also a group from Germany and a group from France for a total of fourteen guests. It was obvious to Romelia and I that Ahmed was the best of the three guides. It eventually became apparent to the other guests as well, we were asked more than once how we had found our guide Ahmed, my response: "lots of reading reviews on Tripadvisor/Viator". On each day of the trip, the Dahabiya would spend some number of hours travelling upstream on the Nile and then there would be one or more stops for sightseeing, or for activities, such as swimming in the Nile, visiting a small island village, or enjoying a shoreside dinner with dancing to live music from local musicians. The relaxing upstream pace of the boat, combined with the wonderful natural scenery, was just incredibly nice and enjoyable for both of us - the only thing that could have made it better is if it could have lasted for a few more days. Before wrapping up - and now that I understand much more about cruising from Luxor to Aswan, I'll pass on some perspective and a few tips. 1. Luxor to Aswan is the better direction of travel. It is a longer slower trip and allows more time both for enjoying the time on the water, and for stops along the way. 2. A Dahabiya is relaxing, intimate, and quiet. I highly doubt that we would have enjoyed a much-larger, powered vessel, nearly as much as we did the Dahabiya. 3. Hearsay from a guide I know (who has been on all of the Nile cruise ships many times) is that only a handful of the powered cruises have good food. I'll repeat that the kitchen staff and the food on the Orient Star were exceptionally good. 4. WhatsApp is the preferred method of communication in Egypt. If you're American and don't know what I'm talking about then get it installed on you're phone and learn how to use it prior to booking tours or activities in Egypt. 5. The Egyptian pound is losing value compared to other currencies. When tipping - think of a fair tip in dollars and then convert. Don't rely on published tip recommendations in pounds as they are likely out of date and way too low. Remember that Egyptian workers depend on tips for their living and that what may seem like a few bucks for you can make a big difference for them. 6. Try to learn as much as you can about Egyptian history before you go. Ahmed is a great teacher and was patient with us in our ignorance, but we feel that we could have learned much more from him if we had studied more in advance. 7. Egyptian ATMs are currently limited to dispensing a maximum of 4000 Egyptian pounds. Plan ahead and exchange larger quantities so that you don't end up with international fees for multiple transactions at ATMs. US dollars are negotiable in Egypt but remember that locals cannot exchange $1 bills. I carried lots of 50 and 100 pound notes for tips.
- 232karinm00A Great Trip on The Orient Star DahabiyaWe sailed on The Orient Star Dahabiya for six days from Luxor to Aswan and enjoyed every minute of it. We had one of the two suites at the back of the boat and especially enjoyed the balcony, although in late afternoon, the sun was directly shining on it, so we didn't use it then. Our room was a very good size, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom a good size with a glass wall enclosing most of the shower so nothing got wet in the bathroom when we showered. The water was hot, a great shower, with shampoo, gel soap, etc., provided, plus a hair dryer. There was room for storage and drawers provided. The crew on board were very helpful, friendly and pleasant, especially Assad our housekeeper, who made beautiful, elaborate animals with our towels each day. He also made sure we knew when meals were being served. The meals were excellent with plenty of food, a variety of dishes (two or three meats at each meal), fresh vegetables and fruit, and desserts. We also had snacks in between meals. It was very pleasant sailing along the Nile which was broken up by tours into the various sites. One evening we had a lovely dinner ashore and music and dancing afterwards. Swimming was offered one day; however, we choose not to swim because of warnings about bacteria in the water. This was a smaller ship with twelve passengers. I am so happy that we choose to travel this way versus one of the large ships. There was plenty of room for activities on deck. A word about tipping. From the time I started exploring our trip until we actually went, the Egyptian pound to the US dollar was only worth half of what it was. The travel books you probably read or the articles you read about tipping are vastly out of date. Bathroom tips are at least 5 Egyptian pounds per person, drivers should be tipped the equivalent of $20 US dollars per day and guides $40 per day. We followed the same guidelines on the ship, doubling what we had read about tipping. You would enjoy traveling on this ship and the food and crew.
- sebastienelkouby00One of the most inspiring experiences of my life!This day tour was one of the greatest experiences in my life. I could hardly believe I was in person, in a Nubian village, and traveling on the Nile! Our guide Ahmed was amazing! He's a university professor and Egyptologist whose passion and love for Nubian culture and Kemet in general is authentic and heartfelt. Not only does he teach history but he shares valuable life lessons that inspired me to be a better person. I couldn't have asked for a better guide and tour. This is an unforgettable moment of my life I'll share with family and friends forever!
- pascalkI7516GO00Unbelievable Dahabiya Nile Cruise!My husband and I travelled to Egypt for his 44th birthday. It was something he always dreamed of doing which intensified the pressure to choose the right tours. I'm so glad we decided to do the Dahabiya Nile Cruise with a private guide. It removed the stress of trying to figure out how to navigate around Egypt and allowed us to see most of the sites on our list...Valley of Kings, Karnak, Abu Simbel also Queen Hatshepsut We were lucky to have Ahmed as our guide. From the moment he met us to the time we left, every detail was thought out and we were well taken care of. He is extremely knowledgeable and his passion for Egyptian history and culture helped bring the sites to life. We recommend Egypt 24 Travel and especially the Dahabiya Nile Cruise.
- j0seki00Perfect Trip!I cannot express how perfect this trip was, and how comfortable and easy everyone at Luxor and Aswan travel made it for us from the moment we stepped off of the plane. Ahmed puts together such amazing trips and is available 24/7– he is so helpful we felt taken care of as soon as we began planning the trip with him a few months in advance. I do really recommend Egypt 24 Travel for Dahabiya trip.
- H1010CSjohnp00Unforgettable Dahabiya Nile CruiseThanks to Egypt 24 Travel and especially our guide Ahmed for an amazing and unforgettable Dahabiya Nile cruise. Ahmed took great care of us every step of the way. Ahmed is an expert guide and Egyptologist and gave us so much interesting and entertaining information in fluent English every day and for every site we visited and managed the whole tour with great experience. Everything went so smoothly and the whole experience far exceeded our expectations. Strongly recommended!
- J2808PJastridg00Dahabiya Nile Cruise"Dahabiya Nile Cruise was an amazing experience. We had Ahmed as our guide and he was amazing. He seemed to know everything about Egypt, its history and the variety of details that make it so unique. I would recommend this tour to anyone!" Thanks so much Egypt 24 Travel for being our coordinator.
- cynthiawZ4551PS00Dahabiya Nile CruiseDahabiya Nile Cruise is an awesome experience that you will never forget. The boat is clean and well-equipped, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The food is great, and there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. Ahmed is a great guide, and he will make sure you have a great time.
- jamesrS7607FH00What An Amazing TripWhat an amazing trip! We had this dream of dahabiya on the Nile and see these ancient temples and it was truly great!! Ahmed, our tour guide, was exceptional! He shared his knowledge of ancient Egypt while at same time creating a great and fun mood all the time! Things went smoothly with all arrangements of the trip and everyone was so nice so I totally recommend Egypt 24 Travel to everyone.
- joseoZ161SV00Unique Experience of DahabiyaThis trip exceeded my expectations. Ahmed is an excellent tour guide who delivered who specializes in Egyptian ancient history. He was able to explain the history of this amazing place with in-depth details and historical references. Secondly, the vacation was well organized and awesome. Above all they took care of us, always helping with our questions and keeping us safe. I would recommend Egypt 24 Travel to both family and friends.
- X9196JBloria00Great and Awesome TripMy Wife and I had an excellent time on this Dahabiya Zekrayat. The boat was better than expected, but what really made it was the tour and the guide all done by Ahmed himself. He was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and amazing. We learned a lot from him and he took care of all of our needs. We got to see whole sightseeing's that we have been dreaming about our whole lives and Ahmed made it a great experience. We do recommend this experience for families too. Thanks Egypt 24 Travel for made our trip great as well.
- malingerg00Spiritual tripIt was a wonderful trip.Thanks for all! Mare and Abdul,you are a amazing people.🙏🙏I enjoyed every moment with you.
- aarajr00Egyptian vacation on a Dahabiya CruiseWhat a beautiful Egyptian vacation on a Dahabiya! Our Egyptologist guide Ahmed was the one who handled everything from the beginning. He brought so much energy and joy to the whole experience with his great story telling and wonderful history. Above all he took care of us, always helping with our questions and keeping us safe. We felt at ease and happy during our whole trip thanks to him! It was a wonderful experience… thank you! We do recommend Egypt 24 Travel.
- bhumikaw202200Wonderful Holiday at EgyptMy husband and I spent 4 days on the dahabiya cruise ship. Owned by Egypt 24 Travel. it was the high light of our cultural Egypt vacation. Sailing down the Nile was so amazing and quiet sailing ship, with very nice food included. was so relaxing after the maze was in Cairo. the boat could have maximum 15 guests but we were only eight, so the boat felt like our private one, Nice and beautiful crew. Even the tour guide Ahmed the brilliant himself. During the trip we stopped twice per day to visit temples from Luxor to Aswan. We do really recommend it to everyone who wants to have his/her private trip on Dahabiya. Thanks Ahmed and Egypt 24 Travel for made our trip amazing.
Buy it with
Dream of Thebes provided by Egypt 24 Travel
Product Overview: Dream of Thebes
Number of Photos