Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples
By Show You Egypt
What To Expect Depart your central Luxor hotel or Luxor river port by minivan and drive to the Temples of Karnak on the Nile’s East Bank. As you travel, hear how Luxor stands on the 4,000-year-old site of Thebes, Egypt’s ancient royal capital, and how Karnak is the largest of its temple complexes. Discover how this vast collection of buildings was developed by more than 30 pharaohs, including Amenhotep IV and Ramses II. On arrival, walk along the Avenue of the Sphinxes to the gateway, and then explore inside with your Egyptologist guide . Continue to Luxor Temple, an ancient temple in the center of Luxor laid parallel to the Nile. Hear how it was built in around 1,400 BC, and added to by Tutankhamun, Ramses II and even Alexander the Great. Admire the two colossal statues of Ramses at the entrance, and the granite gateway obelisk whose original counterpart now stands in Paris’ Place de la Concorde.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
German, Japanese, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Air conditional car
- Private Tour guide
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel Pickup Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- nile cruise
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 109802P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples?
- Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples price starts from $130.16. Discover and book Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples cancellation policy?
- Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples?
- Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples is hosted by Show You Egypt. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Show You Egypt on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 109802P3
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byLuxor For You - Private Day Tours
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Get your camera ready! This tour is beautiful!
My tour was fantastic, from start to finish. Dua took great care to customize the tour, what we saw and ensured we …
Animal welfare concerned.
I didn't enjoy the city tour.. maybe it is not what I expected, I feel upset.. kids running around, cars going ever…
We had very nice tours excellent services and knowledgeable guide Nile is fantastic and relaxing we want recommende…
Exceptional Guide with always a smile.
Doaa our tour guide was indeed exceptional. Her knowledge about the local wonders was superb. She was very kind and…
Excellent private tour for fair price
We had a fantastic cruise with Show you egypt who arranged for our night train to Luxor prior fo boarding and also …
we took a tour to philae temple, Nubian village and felucca ride. Our guide, Dowa is an amazing and very knowledgea…
It was very free and easy, the nubian village and food is a must try! Dowa, our guide was friendly and knowledgeabl…
It wasn’t the cruise it was the person !
The five stars belongs to Mr Ahmed our tour guide who is also a qualified Egyptologist . He brought a wealth of kno…
Exceptional Tour !!!
It was an unbelievable experience, I would highly recommend it. Our guide, Ahmed was exceptional and made it extra …
Philae Temple was beautiful and the late afternoon sun shimmering on Lake Nasser made the place magical. My guide…
Wonderful tour and guide
My husband and I had such a wonderful time on our tour. Our guide Doaa was very knowledgeable, friendly, and though…
Ahmed was the best guide we could have asked for!
We were extremely lucky to have Ahmed as our guide. He was incredibly knowledgable and we were even told by other g…
High dam & isis temple
I favourite part was the temple it was beautiful, I found the tour guide was incredibly helpful also. Overall a gre…
Amazing tour of Abu Simbel
Great experience. Our guide Doaa was perfect in providing information and free time at the site and was wonderful a…
Great trip, with an even better guide
I spent the day in Aswan, visiting temples along the Nile via motor boat, as well as exploring a Nubian village. Ev…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
This was an amazing, once in a lifetime experience. I can't say enough about how professional and kind our contact and tour guy Ahmed was. I was sick when we landed with stomach bug and he made sure I was taken care of. The boat ride and stops and tours were breath taking. They picked us from airport and you go to the boat ( I missed first excursion due to not feeling well ) and he came to check on us if we needed anything. When your in a foreign country. It's nice to know someone cares. The tour was amazing, the boat ride down the Nile is serene and peaceful. I definitely recommend doing any tour with them, as they are very accommodating. And a special shout out to Sammy at our stop in Edfu. Great guide as well.
Written December 31, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Thank you so much for sharing your views and experience with us. Your review is highly appreciated and is very important to us and the community. Thank you again!
Written January 3, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.