A stay in Aswan without visiting Abu Simbel is meaningless especially if you have the chance and time to do it. Drive early in the morning and visit these must-see sites
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 9–10 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Abu Simbel Temple Complex
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Tour departs from Aswan hotels or Port area such as the Old Cataract
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7600P109
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan on Tripadvisor
- How much is Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan?
- Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan price starts from $625.00. Discover and book Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan on Tripadvisor
- What is the Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan cancellation policy?
- Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan?
- Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan is hosted by Your Egypt Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Your Egypt Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7600P109
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Abu Simbel Temple ComplexStop: 3 hours - Admission includedAbu Simbel temples refer to two massive rock temples (the Great Temple of Ramses II and the smaller Temple of Hathor). The complex is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site known as the “Nubian Monuments,” which runs from Abu Simbel downriver to Philae (near Aswan). The twin temples were originally carved out of the mountainside during the reign of Pharaoh Ramesses II in the 13th century BC, as a lasting monument to himself and his queen Nefertari, to commemorate his alleged victory at the Battle of Kadesh, and to intimidate his Nubian neighbors. However, the complex was relocated in its entirety in 1968, on an artificial hill made from a domed structure, high above the Aswan High Dam reservoir. The relocation of the temples was necessary to avoid their being submerged during the creation of Lake Nasser, the massive artificial water reservoir formed after the building of the Aswan High Dam on the Nile River. Abu Simbel remains one of Egypt’s top tourist attractions. .Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Your Egypt Tours
Joined in October 2010
#22 of 669 Outdoor Activities in Cairo
- K5914DYbethm00Excellent Tour CompanyWe booked and planned a fantastic private 2 day excursion with Your Egypt Tours- Cairo and Luxor. Their professionalism and attention to detail planning the trip was great. Unfortunately, due to our last minute change in plans we were unable to go but will reschedule this great tour with YET at another time.
- 73suzannec00Best tour company in Egypt!! (our opinion)Recently returned from a 10 day tour to Egypt with my Dad and it was AMAZING. Highly recommend checking a visit to Egypt off your bucket list!! Our wonderful experience in large part was thanks to Your Egypt Tours. From the moment we arrived at the Cairo airport and were greeted by Ahmed, to the moment Ahmed saw us back off at the airport, they gave us five star EXCEPTIONAL service and we were well cared for 100% of the time. Each day, we had a nice air conditioned private van, excellent driver (shout out to Johnny in Cairo and Ahmed in Luxor), and without doubt, some of THE BEST Egyptologists. Mamdouh gave us expert tours of Saqqara, Giza, the museums, the mosques, and old Cairo. He was funny, engaging, passionate about teaching us, and ensured we were well taken care of. Ashraf gave us incredible tours of Luxor, Aswan, and along our Nile Cruise stops. Ashraf is the MOST knowledgeable Egyptologist there is in all of Egypt, hands down. (Well, I didn't witness ALL the others in the country... but he has got to be tops, no doubt.) In addition to giving us excellent information about each site we visited, I daily asked him questions about every carving or painting or hieroglyph we came across, and 100% of the time, he knew the answer. I call him Mr. Google, because no matter what I asked, he had the answer. He was incredible. His potential is well beyond simply giving my Dad and myself tours... He should be teaching at University or be on documentaries. We felt extremely lucky to have him and I highly recommend you choose Your Egypt Tours for numerous reasons, top of which is Ash. Beyond that, Ash and Mamdouh are both genuinely great people. Mona is the person you communicate with in planning the trip, and in addition to the rave reviews I had read online about the company, my interactions with her were what sold me on booking with them. She was always prompt, professional, and extremely kind. The owner of the company checked in with us prior to the tour and mid-tour to make sure we were doing well. My Dad had to change his travel plans departing from Cairo, and their team was extremely kind in helping arrange a few more nights there and another transport to the airport. Tips: 1.) Initially I had booked a group tour with National Geographic, however could not find many reviews of them online and instead found outstanding reviews of this company and they offer private tours for less cost, so I changed. Our private tour allowed us to spend as much time as wanted in each site, and to adjust our itinerary as we pleased. It was perfect! 2.) Initially I was a bit worried that there was too much downtime in our itinerary, but it actually was needed! It was a bit exhausting visiting all the sites, so a bit of down time actually turned out nice. You can always add things while you are there if you are feeling spry/wanting more. 3.) Factor in a bit extra money for tips throughout the trip. There was quite a bit of tipping throughout, always at your own discretion and not obligatory. 4.) Egypt felt very safe and friendly throughout our stay. The tragic conflict between Hamas and Israel started while we were there on our tour, causing our family members back home to panic, but there in Egypt, we both felt very safe the entire time. I would encourage people to still go to Egypt (at least as things currently stand) as their country is safe and lovely. 5.) Prior to going, I read traveler blogs and reviews talking about aggressive salesmen constantly hounding foreigners. While yes, there are salespeople at all the tourist spots and they are desperate to make a living, my experience was that they were for the most part all respectful and good sports. Simply say "no thank you" (sometimes a few times) and it is all good. I also started giving in when realizing that often what they are selling costs only one dollar and it makes a huge difference to them. Overall, Your Egypt Tours was an OUTSTANDING company, I am extremely grateful for their kindness and exceptional service, and I would give them, and Egypt, my highest recommendation. The remains of Ancient Egypt are definitely worth seeing in person!
- travelergalgail00Highly recommend Your Egypt Tours!My 2 friends and I spent 2 weeks on a tour arranged by Your Egypt Tours. We toured many sites in Cairo, Alexandria, Aswan and Upper Egypt, Luxor, and more. The company was superb - from the guides, drivers, incredible knowledge imparted to us all along, the good conversation and company they provided, and all the major and minor sites and activities. Part of our tour was a 4-day Nile cruise which was superb. All our accommodations were first-rate, and food they provided or recommended all wonderful. They were willing to work with us to customize the trip before arriving, and able to pivot when needed during the trip. I cannot say enough - well worth every minute!
- 510arturob00The experience of a lifetime!It may sound a cliche, but going to Egypt was a dream and "Your Egypt Tours" made it real. There is so much I can tell about my experience in Egypt and by using the services of "Your Egypt Tours", but I would like to keep it as short as possible with some information that could be useful for other travelers that could be trying to decide if visiting Egypt is worth the effort, time and money (short answer, it definitely is): 1. It is safe to go to Egypt, I want to stress this as much as possible, it is very safe to visit Egypt. Never while I was there I felt in danger or I saw something that would make me feel nervous or worried, nor for me or for other tourists on other tours even with other companies, take regular precautions, be informed, but it is definitely safe. 2. Book a tour like this to avoid scams or hustlers. While you read reviews or watch videos, you may get a wrong idea around this topic, yes it can be bad, they can be very insistent, the best way to avoid this problem is to have a team of professionals around you at all times, and believe me, this is "Your Egypt Tours", I never suffered from this problem, getting in and out from touristic places was smooth and fast. 3. Likely you will still want to do some shopping, I would say, you must do some. Once again you will be with a team of professionals, if you do not want to spend much on souvenirs, make sure you talk about this to your Egyptlogist guide, they take you to the right places. If what you want is quality (I was particularly happy with my cotton based stuff), once again, they will take you to the right places, but of course, prices will be higher. 4. I will probably recommend traveling on September, still some large crowds, but I can only assume that less people than in winter time, it is hot, but I would say it is manageable. That is all above general recommendations. Regarding "Your Egypt Tours", I do not want to mention the names of the Egyptologists guides that were with me in fear of missing someone, but it was a team with deep knowledge of Egypt, probably many of my questions where naive or came from total ignorance, but they answered everything I asked, they shared so much information and even provided suggestions for added activities to the tour originally booked and all of them were wonderful experiences. But this is a team, there are some people I never met that handled all the booking, which was nice and easy and they accommodated my requests easily and then others like the drivers that, once again, a team of professionals that know how to get from one place to another on a very comfortable transportation with AC, which is pretty much mandatory with the weather, so you just get worried about what is going to be exciting on the next visit. And if that is not all, there was always someone that got me from/to airports, such and incredible service and team. Egypt is full of wonders, of course you want to see the great pyramids up close, specially if you can do it at sunset, same as the Luxor temple, or a visit to a Nubian village if you have the time. And there is nothing that can prepare you to see the temples of Abu Simbel, if you can do this tour, trust "Your Egypt Tours" and enjoy a fantastic trip.
- E9741DFkaties00Your Egypt Tours Made Our First Egypt Visit Amazing!It can be quite overwhelming trying to decide on a tour group thanks to the myriad options available, but after lots of research, I decided on YET and truly could not be happier with my experience! My friend and I only had two days in Egypt so we booked a full day in Cairo and a full day in Luxor - we reached out to YET after deciding on one of their travel packages since we wanted to add some additional activities like hot air balloon riding and a felucca ride. YET was a great communicator every step of the way and crafted a perfect itinerary for us - the famous spots, the airplane rides between cities, the van pick ups, etc. Everything was seamless and the YET members are there for you on WhatsApp every step of the way. As someone who meticulously likes to plan things, I was so impressed and so appreciated knowing we were in good hands. Our tour guides (Ash and Mamdouh) were also spectacular! They relayed all the rich history and facts we were looking for, while also informing us on what to keep our eyes out for in the touristy spots they are not allowed to go into (to minimize crowds). Truly, each of them went above and beyond and made the trip as fantastic as it was. I think it's also important to state how SAFE my friend and I felt the entire time - as two solo female travelers we never felt uncomfortable and that's in large part due to MET and how they operate. Not only were we with our guides the entire time, but our luggage (which was in the van with us all day) was safely guarded by the drivers who never leave the vehicle and are always just a stone's throw away to take us to our next destination. I really can't say enough good things about Your Egypt Tours!! As a world traveler, they are one of the best tour groups I have ever come across! I know it can be overwhelming to resarch and read a bunch of reviews, but trust when I say YET is 100% worth it!
- lisasH2030KC00Sunset Camel Ride is a Must Do in CairoFantastic experience on the Sunset Camel Ride. I thought we were going in a group but turns out it was just my husband and I. Hatem our guide was absolutely amazing and so was our car driver. The camel guys were great! We sat and watched the sun set over the pyramids. Best experience and highly recommend Your Egypt Tours ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- DCTravele00Amazing 2-days with Your Egypt ToursI cannot say enough about booking a 2-day tour with Your Egypt Tours. Mona was so patient and worked with us to plan two full days in Cairo. We went back and forth until we had an idea itinerary for us. They picked us up at the airport and dropped us at our hotel. We had an issue with Lufthansa losing our luggage and our driver (Taha) stayed with me and worked with the agent to file a report and understand the options as we had a 2-day stop over on our way to a safari in Kenya. Day one was the pyramids in Giza, Sphinx, and then the original step pyramid and a few other amazing stops. Our guide was fantastic and telling us the history and made sure we had no issues. We stopped for a delicious lunch and I wanted to get a couple gifts and he took us to a very nice place to do that. Our luggage finally arrived at the airport and they did not charge us for trekking back and were instrumental in helping us find and get our luggage before dropping us at the dock to take a sunset sail on the Nile. Day two was a tour of Christian and Muslim Cairo and the Egyptian museum which was very enjoyable. The guide new all the highlights and we had an amazing day. They then dropped us back at the airport for our flight to Nairobi. This was an amazing experience and I thank Mona and our guides for a fantastic two days. Our next trip to Egypt, I will definately book with Your Egypt Tours and Mona.
- TravelforLotsofFun00Amazing private tour of the sites in Cairo and Luxor with fantastic guides and drivers!!We loved every minute of our stay in Egypt! We saw so many historical sites and were amazed by the culture and kindness of our private guides and drivers. We highly recommend Your Egyptian Tours!!
- 497shelleyd00Exceptional!I can't thank Your Egypt Tours enough for making my first experience to Egypt so positive. From the customer service to the top-notch tour guides, I felt very taken care of. Booking: They were so accommodating when helping me find the right package. I booked only a couple of weeks out and they were very flexible as I needed to make changes along the way. Safety: I was a woman traveling alone and of course my biggest concern going was safety. I felt very safe at all times. Someone from the team always escorted me everywhere and there was always a driver waiting in an air-conditioned van with water during the sight-seeing experiences. Tour guides: Both of my tour guides-- Taha and Ashraf-- were so knowledgeable and excited to share with me. They were also really kind and fun people to be around. *I also enjoyed Ahmed, who wasn't my tour guide but helped me with checking into places. I'm so grateful to this company for making my dream of visiting Egypt a reality and for treating me with such care. Thank you!
- virginva00Amazing trip to build amazing memories for our familyAmazing experience for my 2 girls (8 and 17) and myself. After travelling as a young couple to Egypt 20 years ago, I didn't want to relive the poor experience we had and the constant struggles. I went with this company after reading their reviews and I can only add to the choir of praises. From the first interaction with Mona, to the last one at the airport on our way back, everything went as expected, smoothly, adjusted to our needs, with competence and efficiency. I was worried but YET definitely reconciled me with Egypt. Mona was very thorough when we tailored this tour to our needs, listening and advising (we did Cairo 2 days/3 nights, Luxor 2 days/1 night, Hurghada 3 days/4 nights). She also immediately responded when I had a request during the tour. The tour guides (in French) were knowledgeable and made us felt safe throughout the trip. We were never left alone (unless we asked), so that there was never any safety issue. We were able to adjust on the spot if we felt like slightly adjusting the prepared itinerary. It was very nice to have our private car and driver everywhere, and it made the heat more bearable. Beware, May is already a hot month, we were happy that our daily schedule was taking this into account, with early starts and going back to the hotel early enough to jump in the pool. For the children, Egypt has much to offer, because obviously Pyramids, Sphinx, night show, hot air balloon, the Red Sea, etc. are all attractions which cater to young and adults alike, teenagers included. I rarely write 5 stars review, but I believe that YET deserves it, and I'm confident recommending them to my friends and in a review. Try them, you'll enjoy your trip to Egypt tremendously, feeling safe and pampered. We came back with great memories, built as a family. Shoukran to everyone at YET!
- robertcandler00If goingThe booking process with our customer service rep was so unbelievably easy. She was extremely responsive, beyond detailed, and just lovely to work with throughout the experience. The Egyptologist guides were friendly and funny while providing the right amount of explanation. Plenty to understand the significance but never once felt like I had to ask to move on because it was too much background. The drivers were also very friendly and helpful throughout the entire trip. On the whole, I felt very safe being with the guides and drivers. Never once did I feel uncomfortable or in a position that was unsafe. They also recommended great hotels that offered plenty of security along with delicious food so never felt like I needed to leave property for a meal unless accompanied by a guide. I cannot recommend Your Egypt Tours enough and have already passed along their information to many other friends.
- 796kirkj00The most incredible private tour with the most knowledgable and kind tour guide Mamdouh IsmailI recently booked a private tour with Your Egypt Tours to see the pyramids of Giza and other sites around Cairo. It was truly one of the greatest experiences I've had with foreign travel. And it's all due to our guide Mamdouh Ismail. The guy is a badass. My friend and I hit him with an unstoppable barrage of questions and he was always knowledgable and amiable to answer any and every one. This guy is legit. He's an egyptologist and has been studying and touring many, many years. He was like a human encyclopedia of all things antiquity. On top of that he was incredibly friendly and fun to be around. He truly deserves a raise. I would book another tour with him in a heartbeat. Which is exactly what we did. After the first day doing this Giza tour, my friend and I booked 3 more days with Mamdouh and the company. He handled everything which allowed us to just enjoy the sites and relax. This is a private tour. You have the tour guide, driver and a large, clean full size van to yourselves. It's well worth the cost. Mamdouh for president!!
- olgabA8701FS00Egypt with KidsWe are a family of 4, 2 children aged 7 and 12. While it was a very active and at times tiresome tour, it couldn’t have been better organized!!!! From the airport pickup to sites and tour guides, everything was superb. Ahmed planned our vacation and was very responsive and accommodating. Taha was our guide in Cairo and he was amazing! As well as Ash who spent the rest of the time with us! Perfect English, very knowledgeable and professional! The minivan and drivers were great too! Overall, we couldn’t be happier with our experience!
- P7291WZbethb00Perfect short family trip to EgyptWe only had 2 full days in Egypt which is obviously not enough, but Your Egypt Tours worked with us to design the perfect itinerary for our family (husband, wife, and 2 boys- 7 and 5). We went to two Egyptian museums, saw the pyramids and sphinx, rode a camel around pyramids, went on a Nile dinner cruise with belly dancers and whirling dervishes, and went on a felucca boat ride. They gave us advice about hotels, did our airport transfers for us and helped with the visa process, and made us feel safe and cared for the whole time, which is important with young kids. I was hesitant to travel to Egypt because of that, but Your Egypt Tours made it the best experience ever. Our tour guides were awesome and exchanged contact info with us at the end so we could stay in touch. They realized my 5 year olds 5-year birthday was during the trip (after looking at the passport for the visa part), and added in a surprise party with cake and gift on the felucca ride. Plus our Egyptologist bought him and his brother two little souvenirs as birthday gifts as well. I cannot overstate how much they went above and beyond in helping with planning, being great with communication, and making our entire (too short!) trip perfect. Thank you to them all!!
- yujesse00The Perfect Vacation with Your Egypt ToursWe booked a private tour (just us as a couple) with Your Egypt Tours and could not have had a better time! The communication is so easy, even before we booked, Mona exchanged multiple emails with us so that we could customise our tour and timings perfectly (we were attending a wedding at the end of the trip so we needed everything to line up). Fast forward to the trip, from the moment we got off our flight, we were met by Ahmed who guided us through customs and the visa purchase. We landed at 1am so having someone take us directly to our private car was great. The 5 star hotel we had (Kempinski) was right on the Nile and had the best staff along with a beautiful rooftop bar (amazing view). It was the perfect place to rest during our busy days in Cairo. For Cairo/Giza, they were able to accommodate a last minute day of touring as we wanted to see more sights. Our tour guide Eman was incredibly thorough and knowledgeable, a true Egyptologist whose passion made us even more excited to see everything. We had at least five locals tell us she was the best guide in Cairo and we felt spoiled. She took us to the best sites, at the perfect times and our driver Raffat was safe, prompt and had a great sense of humor! Thank you Eman for a great start to our trip! From Cairo, we flew to Luxor (once again, door to door service) and started our cruise journey there. Our guide for the remainder of the trip was Ashraf (also goes by Ash) another extremely knowledgeable Egyptologist who had an answer for everything and our driver was the friendly, Osama. The cruise was extremely comfortable, had impeccable service and Ashraf made sure all of our timing worked out with detailed briefings of what to expect for each day. This allowed us to relax and take in the sights. Ashraf also let us move at our own pace and see additional things like the night market, truly a custom private tour! We really can’t recommend Your Egypt Tours more. They know what they are doing, and they are charging less than what some bigger companies offer which often times aren’t even private tours. Both of our guides were extremely knowledgable, spoke perfect English, friendly and energetic. They also gave us honest insider tips (such as which optional activities to do/skip, where to get authentic souvenirs, and local food recommendations). They are on top of everything, so all you have to do is show up excited to learn and relax. Lastly, we went during the summer so it was over 110 degrees in the south. If we didn’t have wonderful guides describing the must-know facts, we easily would’ve rushed through and missed out because of the heat. And having a private air conditioned van to return to was a pleasure (with water and snacks!) Don’t think twice about booking with Your Egypt Tours, and make sure you tip both the drivers and your guide well! We hope to visit again soon.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
This was an amazing trip! Abu Simbel was more incredible in person than the pictures could ever show! The tour guide Ashraf was an amazing person and made the trip so much more interesting with his thoughtful insight.
Written May 7, 2022
Buy it with
Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan provided by Your Egypt Tours
Product Overview: Abu Simbel day trip from Aswan
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos