Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Morning at 8am one of Traveland tour rep will introduce to you your Egyptologist and coach driver, to pick-up from your hotel, start touring by visiting the Giza Plateau where you visit the Great Pyramid of Cheops and Chephren and Mycerinus. Then it a short drive to a panoramic site to take a few photos of the Pyramids of Giza, before moving onto the Valley Temple and the Great Sphinx. After that, it’s a return back to the coach for your drive back to your hotel.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Pyramids of GizaStop: 3 hours - Admission includedMeet your Egyptologist who will guide you around on a private tour at the Giza Plateau. First one of our Traveland's tour rep will introduce you to your guide and driver where you will be pick and drive to the Giza plateau where will escort you around the last remaining wonder of the ancient world, for nearly 4000 years, the extraordinary shape, impeccable geometry and sheer bulk of the Giza Pyramids have invited the obvious questions: ‘How were we built, and why?’. Centuries of research have given us parts of the answer. Built as massive tombs on the orders of the pharaohs, they were constructed by teams of workers tens-of-thousands strong. Today they stand as an awe-inspiring tribute to the might, organisation and achievements of ancient Egypt. Ongoing excavations on the Giza Plateau, along with the discovery of a pyramid-builders' settlement, complete with areas for large-scale food production and medical facilities, have provided more evidence that the workers were not the slaves of Hollywood tradition, but an organised workforce of Egyptian farmers. During the flood season, when the Nile covered their fields, the same farmers could have been redeployed by the highly structured bureaucracy to work on the pharaoh’s tomb. In this way, the Pyramids can almost be seen as an ancient job-creation scheme. And the flood waters made it easier to transport building stone to the site. But despite the evidence, some still won’t accept that the ancient Egyptians were capable of such achievements. So-called pyramidologists point to the carving and placement of the stones, precise to the millimetre, and argue the numerological significance of the structures’ dimensions as evidence that the Pyramids were constructed by angels or aliens. It’s easy to laugh at these out-there ideas, but when you see the monuments up close, especially inside, you’ll better understand why so many people believe such awesome structures must have unearthly origins. Most visitors will make a beeline straight to the four most famous sights; the Great Pyramid of Khufu, the Pyramid of Khafre, the Pyramid of Menkaure and the Sphinx. But for those who want to explore further, the desert plateau surrounding the pyramids is littered with tombs, temple ruins and smaller pyramids.Read more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private guided tour with your Egyptologist
- Entrance tickets to the site
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Pyramids of Giza
- Solar boat museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My private tour of the Egyptian Museum, Great Pyramids and Sphinx was very educational and a great experience. My guide, Muhammad Mishu, provided a great explanation of the history and culture of ancient Egypt. He answered all questions and his very knowledgeable about Egyptian…
Date of experience: September 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
from $63.00* $70.00
Popular: Booked by 1,666 travelers!
Private Sightseeing Tours
from $60.20* $86.00
Popular: Booked by 2,580 travelers!
from $60.50* $86.43
Popular: Booked by 166 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx
What time does Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx start?
Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx on Tripadvisor
How much is Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx?
Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx price starts from $110.00. Discover and book Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx on Tripadvisor
What is the Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx cancellation policy?
Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private tour at the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx on Tripadvisor