Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo
Take a fascinating private tour to Alexandria from Cairo in the company of your own Egyptologist guide.The second largest city in Egypt, Alexandria has an atmosphere that is more Mediterranean than Middle Eastern and is famous for its Roman remains.Your first stop in this historic city is the catacombs of Kom ash-Shuqqafa, a Roman burial site whose family tomb reveals the merging of Egyptian and Roman art and architecture. Descend below ground to visit the tomb and Caracalla Hall.Continue to Pompey's Pillar, an 82-foot granite column built to honor Emperor Diocletian. Continuing the Roman theme, the next site your guide will show you is the Roman amphitheater. The site also includes the remains of a Roman street and homes. Stop for Lunch. You will visit the famous Alexandria Library. In contrast to the ancient architecture found throughout Egypt. A copy of every book published in the world is kept in the library, making it one of the great literary sites in the world.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 10–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French
What's not included
- Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop off.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Lunch at Local restaurant.
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Entry/Admission - Pompey's Pillar
- Entry/Admission - Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- WWe pick up from all centrally-located Cairo hotels.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 152467P26
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo on Tripadvisor
- How much is Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo?
- Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo price starts from $137.15. Discover and book Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo on Tripadvisor
- What is the Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo cancellation policy?
- Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo?
- Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo is hosted by Luxortourguide. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Luxortourguide on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Alexandria Private Day Tour from Cairo on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 152467P26
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Catacombs of Kom el ShoqafaStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Pompey's PillarStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Bibliotheca AlexandrinaStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
What a trip with an excellent Guide and driver
We visited Aswan during our days in Egypt. It was a very long day, but what an exciting day. Our guide Khaled and …
Tour was great. Enjoyed the Nubian village. Tour guide was very knowledgeable. Comfortable boat ride. Highly recomm…
Tour was great. Very interesting. Tour guide was very knowledgeable given lots of information. Enjoyed every moment…
Drive from Aswan to Luxor was great. Comfortable with good company. Given some water and snacks along the way.
Review for Khaled, the tour guide, NOT for company - used Albaraa Tours
This is a review for Khaled, the tour guide/Egyptologist that accompanied us during the one day private tour we boo…
Very good tour. The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. The locations were very interesting. Highly recommen…
When I think Egypt, I think Dendara and Abydos.
Dendara and Abydos were the kind of temples I envisioned when I thought of Egypt before I went. These temples are i…
My favorite excursion in Egypt!
These were my favorite temples to visit. Kom Ombo is so special and Khaled’s knowledge of them is incredibly import…
Great journey for a couple
A great experience. A very polite and friendly guide. I would highly recommend. Please note that it’s not my first …
Amazing tour! 満足！さいこう！
Amazing Tour! 最高なおもてなし！ This is the best tour we ever got in Luxor! The company reply you very quickly, they are v…
Our trip was great with Luxor tour guide company Excellent organization, New,and Comfortable AC car and great gui…
Great Company, Great Tours, Great Guides
We booked a private tour for three days in Luxor, every day 4-6 hours, with car, driver and egyptologist. First day…
Another amazing experience with Khaled and Mahmoud in Edfu! Shukran! See you on my next trip! Inshallah!
I cannot praise Khaled and Mahmoud enough for their professionalism in fulfilling my programme. Thank you!
Amazing Abu Simbel!
As always, Khaled accommodated my request to visit Abu Simbel to the tiniest detail. Mahmoud, our driver, was excep…