What You'll Do
On this personalised experience, join a like-minded Local Host and immerse yourself in Seoul’s food culture, exploring the districts that are rich in culture and culinary heritage and tasting the traditional dishes and flavours of Seoul.
In Seoul, each popular dish has its own "town" – a street filled with restaurants all serving their versions of that particular food. So choose a few dishes or let your Local Host recommend their favourites. Visit the best “towns” for each dish, where you can taste the flavours and staple dishes that are a part of everyday life for Seoul locals.
Explore the historic Namdaemun Market, a buzzing market which has been part of local life for over 600 years. Explore the stalls and sample a couple of dishes as they’re cooked up in front of you, or taste local snacks or fresh produce, wander through the this hub of local life and soak up the history and and culture of the market.
Visit a Korean barbecue restaurant with your Local Host and enjoy trying this famous part of Seoul’s food culture - eating Korean barbecue is an experience best shared, and your Local Host will recommend the best options, how to order and explain any ingredients you may be unfamiliar with.
Get tips and tricks from your Local Host about the most authentic places to eat and drink during the rest of your trip.
Options for vegetarians and vegans are available and any food intolerances will be noted to provide the best personalised experience.
What To Expect
* Join a Local Host to immerse yourself in Seoul’s local culture through its food
* Explore the Namdaemun Market and explore the stalls selling ingredients and fresh produce
* Sample a couple of dishes, local snacks or fruits that are recommended by your Local Host and typical of the market
* Visit a food “town” and taste the dish that the area is famous for
* Enjoy sitting down to share a meal with your Local Host at a Korean barbecue restaurant
* Explore districts that are rich in culture and culinary heritage