Select Date and Travelers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Travelers that want to uncover the history of the Korean War may be disappointed to learn that independent travelers can't visit the demilitarized zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea. But with this guided tour, you can explore this storied area on the Korean border. Highlights include stops at the 3rd Tunnel and DMZ Exhibition Hall, views of the Freedom Bridge, and your guide's commentary on the history of the Korean War.
- You'll start atHongik Univ. StationOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1DMZStop: 6 hours - Admission includedYou will be picked up at your hotel in Central Seoul or subway station then taken to Imjingak Park. Once you arrive at the park, you can see the Freedom Bridge and an old steam train that shows the extremity of the tragedy that was the Korean War at Imjingak Park. Then, the DMZ bus will head to the 3rd Tunnel that North Korean Army built to infiltrate South Korea in 1970s. You will walk down to the tunnel (about 500m, round trip) wearing a safety helmet. After coming out of tunnel, you will have some time to look around the DMZ Exhibition Hall which shows the Korean War, old weapons and Korea's history. After the Exhibition Hall, you will head to Mt Dora to see North Korea from the Observatory. There are many telescopes to look at North Korea’s propaganda village. Then you will move to Dorasan Station, the last station before entering North Korea from South Korea. You can get a stamp that resembles the immigration desk in the airport, as a souvenir (You will not be entering North Korea). On the way back to Imjingak Park, your vehicle will pass by the Unification Village before heading back to Seoul. Once you return to Seoul, you will stop-by a Korean Ginseng Center (This place will be skipped if you choose "without shopping tour" option) before you will be dropped off at the City Hall. You can choose 1 of 2 half day tours with morning or afternoon.Read more
- You'll end atCity Hall StationJeong-dong, Seoul, South Koreaending around 2 pm for DMZ morning tour at City Hall station. ending around 5 pm for DMZ afternoon tour at City Hall stationSee address & details
- Safely tour the Korean demilitarized zone (DMZ), on this tour from Seoul
- View a North Korean border town through telescopes, at the Dora Observatory
- Get a great value with DMZ entry fees, Seoul travel, and guide included
- Convenient pickup from your Central Seoul hotel is included in the tour
Hongik Univ. Station, Donggyo-dong, Seoul, South Korea
City Hall Station, Jeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - DMZ
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required for afternoon tour
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- *** The Korean Demilitarized Zone is temporarily closed due to African Swine Flu until the further notice from the government (we assume it until the beginning of Feb. 2020). During this time, the tour will visit Imjingak Park, Freedom Bridge, Odusan Observatory and War Memorial Museum to learn about the Korean War.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Nice place to understand the modern history of KOREA ... Our guide "Peter" is well educated person who knows his history and geography + a funny person ... Thanks "Peter"
Good to know the history of the DMZ. You can enter in the tunel that was bild by the North Korea and see all the history about the how North Korea tries to enter South Korea.
Date of experience: September 2019
Although the DMZ was closed we are very happy with our tour. A big thanks goes out to our golden guide Kim. Early pick-up in the frosty morning brought serenity to our visit at Freedom Bridge. I feel privileged to have seen and heard some of the stories that makes this place so…
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
For any student of history, or someone who seeks a better understanding of current affairs, do yourself a favour and take this tour. Great price and very convenient. I learned so much!
Date of experience: January 2020
Unfortunately the proper DMZ was closed at the time we visited, but it didn't really affect our feeling about the tour. Another unfortunate occurrence was that is was very foggy that day, so we couldn't really see the North in any defined way. The tour despite these setbacks was…
Date of experience: December 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Seoul N Tour - Day Tours
Easy day trip to the snow
The trip was well organised and ran efficiently, it's a great option for an easy day trip to the snow from Seoul. O…
Rainy day and cold at Korean Folk Village
Over all the tour was ok, the weather was not great , cold and a little rainy . The shows were cancel , so we ended…
Great day at the Palace tour
I highly recommend Seoul N tour small group one day tour. We were very lucky that We ended up just our family(4peop…
Wonderful trip to Yongpyong with Emily oul.
Last minute we decide a book a day tour to experience a skiing at Yongpyong and it wasn't a problem. Me and my husb…
My sister and I booked this tour whilst we were in Seoul. As it was just the two of us that day, it became a privat…
This trip is a MUST-DO when visiting Seoul. We had a great full-day tour, experienced the history and indulged in s…
Really enjoyed the tour. Our tour guide Erin really gave her best to satisfy everyone's expectations. Learned a lot…
To start, TripAdvisor and their representatives were very helpful in keeping us informed on the details of the pick…
Full DMZ tour
Lots of info in short time, but overall very much worth the money. On the tunnel part, too little time and quite ch…
Absolutely loved Erina. She was so knowledgeable. Positive and always going the extra mile to help. She shows great…
You must book yourself onto one of these tours, but do so in advance as JSA entries are restricted by visitor numbe…
Great way to ease into a holiday in Seoul
Well worth it..Car and driver was great. Our guide Mr. Peter was informative and friendly and his English skills w…
Fantastic Day Long Introduction to Korean Culture & History
Ours was a private tour that started with a visit to the Jogyesa, a serene Buddhist temple located in the heart of …
Very well organized, punctual and providing a comfortable tour bus. Janey Lee, our tour guide, was lovely, very nic…
Full Day Korean DMZ Tour
What a great tour and Sadie was an amazing tour host 😁 Sadie was very friendly and told us lots of info during the…
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul
Which attractions will I visit with Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul on Tripadvisor
How much is Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul?
Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul price starts from $45.50. Discover and book Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul on Tripadvisor
What is the Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul cancellation policy?
Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul?
Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul is hosted by Seoul N Tour - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Seoul N Tour - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul on Tripadvisor