Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Embark on a tour of Tbilisi with a difference. This private walking tour lets you explore the city through Georgian cuisine—and includes at least several food and drink tastings. Wander through the atmospheric streets of Sololaki and visit old taverns, a street bakery, a diner and more.
- You'll start at1-3 Aleksandr Pushkin St1-3 Aleksandr Pushkin St, T'bilisi, GeorgiaPlease meet your guide at Dunkin donuts on Freedom square - it's located just across the Courtyard Marriott hotel.See address & details
- 1Old Town (Altstadt) TbilisiStop: 3 hours - Admission includedTaste your way through the Old town and rub the elbows with locals on our food walking tour through Tbilisi. Follow your guide through the tiny streets of historical Sololaki district, where you can still find traditional yards, carved balconies and simple Tbilisians living in eclectic houses of Art Nouveau. The district is popular among locals because of its beautiful architecture and authentic Tbilisian spirit. On our way we will stop at several gastronomic spots, representing the vast variety of Georgian food - both traditional and modern. You will visit an old tavern like restaurant with the best khinkali in town, a hip restaurant, specializing in West Georgian dishes adding a personal flavor to them, a popular diner, where policemen and office workers come for their lunch and more. Your guide will introduce you to Georgian cuisine and show you where to eat like a local and how to avoid tourist traps, while telling you more about the history and modern day life of the city.Read more
- You'll end at1-3 Aleksandr Pushkin St1-3 Aleksandr Pushkin St, T'bilisi, GeorgiaPlease meet your guide at Dunkin donuts on Freedom square - it's located just across the Courtyard Marriott hotel.See address & details
- Private tour, exclusively for your party: ensures a personalized experience
- Includes tastings of different Georgian dishes and drinks
- Learn about local culinary culture from your guide
- Visit hidden gems missed by most visitors to Tbilisi
1-3 Aleksandr Pushkin St, T'bilisi, Georgia
Returns to original departure point
- Professional local guide with affinity for food and wine
- Minimum 9 tastings of food and drinks, e.i. khinkali, chacha, beans, chicken salad, natural wine etc
- Vegetarian options available
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Old Town (Altstadt) Tbilisi
- Transfer to and from the meeting point
- Any additional food or beverages (but the menu is so full, you won´t need it)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimal drinking age is 18 y.o.
- If you have any food allergies or diet restrictions, please inform us
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We had a beautiful week in Tbilisi. Beautiful place with so various delicious food and drink options. Luka was our guide for food in Tbilisi, very friendly, with good knowledge of the local history and habits. We went from typical local food to modern Georgian cuisine. We had…
We did the tour with Luka. It was fun, exciting, thrilling. He is a very nice guy and tells you everything you need to know. The food was delicious and it was a lot ;-)
Date of experience: September 2020
I did this on my first night in Tbilisi, and it was a great introduction to the city. The food was delicious, the restaurants each different and fun to visit, and Lukas was a gracious and amiable host. Besides the delicious food we tried, he introduced me to other restaurants…
Date of experience: February 2020
We took this evening tour on our first day in Tbilisi and it was a really good way to start. Luka, our guide, took us to various little places to try different georgian delicacies (we'd been in Georgia 3 days and had already tried certain things so he made sure to choose dishes…
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
Response from Real_Georgia_Tours, General Manager at 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi
Responded Feb 5, 2020
Dear Ziad, thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us and leaving us such a warm and wonderful feedback! We will forward your kind words to Luka and hope to see you again in Georgia soon! Best regards, Your Real Georgia team
We really enjoyed our time with George. He was knowledgeable, friendly and made our tour a fun way to spend the afternoon. We enjoyed learning about Georgia's delicious foods and about the history of the country in general. It is important to go on the tour hungry as there is…
Date of experience: December 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Real Georgia Tours
Must Do Experience
Excellent and knowledgeable guide, amazing locations, and wonderful food and wine. Our guide was very personable an…
I loved that day (and not only because it was my birthday)!!
Our guide was Temo and he literally accompanied us in the Caucasus mountains filling our nine hours with stories an…
Our guide was Irakli and it was a kind of tour I've never made before. Irakli has a big knowledge about Armenian cu…
One day tour to Armenia
An absolute must! We are very lucky to have had the guide Irakli. He is so well informed and polite. He knew the si…
Ask for Luka!
My wife and I organised a private tour and were guided by Luka. Luka was very knowledgeable about the history of Ge…
Luka is the best!
Luka was so kind and knowledgeable! He spoke perfect English and was very patient to answer all of my questions. He…
Fantastic tour! Highly recommended!
We met Luca who took really good care of our small group. We rode the cable car, walked down through the fort and …
Really nice tour with lots of information about the history of the city. Wine tasting was great, we booked a privat…
Great way to get to know the city
It was an excellent way to start our vacation here in Tbilisi getting to know the city. Our guide Niniko was very …
Amazing guide, amazing experience
It was a very nice trip, well organized, full of beautiful landscapes and interesting sites. Irakli was a truly gif…
Really impressive service!!!
Temo was our excellent driver. He's really nice, always be on time. He's very polite and kind, I was sick and he to…
Walking tour of Tblisi
I can’t to Tblisi for a conference but had some time to do some sightseeing. I found a trip advisor post and recomm…
Georgia is home
This is my second time in Georgia with Real Georgia Tours. My husband and I decided to spend Christmas in Georgia a…
Georgia tour with family
We have taken up this tour in janfeb2019 and were so thrilled with the experience that we went to Georgia again in …
Has an amazing day trip with the amazing guide Irakli. I recommend this 100%, and definitely coming back.
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 388 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 437 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 144 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi
Which attractions will I visit with 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi on Tripadvisor
How much is 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi?
9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi price starts from $81.03. Discover and book 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi on Tripadvisor
What is the 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi cancellation policy?
9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi?
9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi is hosted by Real Georgia Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Real Georgia Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 9 Tastings - A food walk through historical Tbilisi on Tripadvisor