To explore Yangon Surrounding and observe local life style with an experience of local transportation. And for the traveler who wants to explorer Yangon with seat in coach sharing.
Ages 12-99, max of 15 per group
Duration: 6–7 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Trishaw ride in Dhala
- Local Ferry Boat Fee
- Water bottle and snow towel per pax
- English Speaking Guide
- Government Tax
- Personal Expenditure & Tips
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Sule Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Yangon (Rangoon)
- Departure details
- PARKROYAL Yangon, 33 Alan Pya Phaya Road, Yangon 11191, Myanmar (Burma) Our guide will be at the lobby to pick you up and please be ready at the lobby before 7:30 AM.
- Pan Pacific Yangon, Corner of Bogyoke Aung San Road and ဘုရားလမ်း, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma) Our Guide will pick you up at 7:50 AM
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 22737P81
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 22737P81
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
- You’ll have 2 starting optionsSee departure details
- 1Yangon YangonStop: 4 hoursSee details
- 2Yangon City HallStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3Sule PagodaStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Bogyoke Aung San MarketStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 5Shwedagon PagodaStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Tour East Myanmar
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Joined in June 2019
#53 of 310 Tours & Activities in Yangon (Rangoon)
- mjm05600Best Holiday EverI am playing catch up as I haven't been here in quite a while,In 2016/2017 my partner and I travelled to Myanmar having a 3 week custom private tour. The Team at Tour East were excellent, Not only did everything go as planned the guides provided in each area were extremely knowledgeable and made suggestions re our itinerary to compliment what was already planned. Balloons over Bagan was probably a highlight however the while trip over something for all the senses and the people we met were wonderful.
- jlanders1100Mr. Min cooking class.Mr Min and his family home is located in the Floating Gardens section of Inle Lake. His kitchen for the classes is located adjacent to his home. A long-boat ride takes you there, passing other homes placed on stilts above the lake water and gardens. The lunch menu we prepared included eleven different entrees, which we consumed on the deck outside his kitchen. With his instructions, our food was so delicious. I highly recommend this tour.
- kayfriedricht202000Perfect guided tourA wonderful trip. Our excellent and very friendly guide was Moe Hein showed us the beauty of Bagan including some hidden treasures and could answer each and every question in a very professional way. Couldn’t have been better!
- melliflous100Breathtaking Bagan tourWe couldn’t recommend this tour more highly. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our private tour was indeed private, with just the three of us. This meant that we were able to fully take advantage of Aung’s knowledge and expertise of Bagan’s culture, religion and history. His extensive knowledge of the temples and those who built them was extremely impressive, Aung was able to answer every question we had and even shared with us his experiences as a former monk. He was also happy to help us with our group photos and added additional temples to the tour to ensure that our itinerary did not miss a single opportunity to experience the beauty of Bagan. Halfway through our itinerary we stopped for lunch at the Teak House (the food was included in the tour price) for a delicious meal with a set menu (tailored to our dietary needs). Part of our afternoon activities involved a visit to a local lacquerware workshop (Mya Thit Sar lacquerware handicraft work shop) to see local artisans at work and learn the complex and lengthy processes involved in making it. After watching the sunset over the temples we returned to our hotel feeling that Aung had shown us the very best of Bagan. A fantastic day and a brilliant guide.
- 114dominics00Knowledgeable but exhausting GuideOur guide was very knowledgeable and was great with facts and telling us stories about the places we met. However his attitude was rather exhausting and we did not really connect on a personal level. He was very fixated on his idea of a tour and not very empathic. As an example: while visiting a laquerware production, one of the local girls explained the production process to us. Our guide kept interrupting her with meaningless corrections in pronounciation, which really interrupted the presentation and made the girl feel uncomfortable. We ended the tour early on our wish. Would not recommend this specific tourguide.
- frederic68000A great private tour.I cannot imagine a better way to visit Bagan. We did not only visit the temples, but also had a chance to see how the locals live. Our guide Wunna Aung was truly exceptional: He succeeded in sharing with us this vast knowledge of the history of the area and of the many interesting details to be found in the pagodas. I would strongly recommend him to anything thinking of taking a tour of Bagan.
- Ind_91100BaganIn Bagan, the Shwezigan Pagoda,The Ananda Temple, Dhamayangyi Temple and Gubyawkygi Temple must be seen. A guide is a must to understand the history. Another great place to visit is the Lacquer Workshop. The products are excellent but fairly expensive. It is worth the cost.
- raywG9100QU00MandalayAn excellent day trip from Mandalay. Train trip on narrow gauge was bumpy but added to the experience. Guide and lunch were fantastic.
- ShinS54400Discover Bagan (essentials covered) tourFinally, we visited ancient pagodas in Bagan! For our short trip, we absolutely needed efficient (but not hectic) guided tour to cover essentials and we believe we made the right choice (although shopping activities were not in our list). Our guide Wunna was an attentive and knowledgeable, pleased us with his good talk about historical/mythical events. Driver Ye Zawq was a kind and calm gentleman. Also seeing several review of the tour operated by Tour East Myanmar, I should say we highly recommend the tour though it depends on the engaged guide. Thank you!
- raywP4556OJ00Gokteik ViaductWe really enjoyed our day. Train ride in upper class is well worth it. Lunch was excellent. Day commenced at 6.00am and concluded at 5.00pm
- cristinadietrich00ScamI booked this tour trough viator.com. I am a solo traveller and it costed me around 200$. The train never even showed up. I talked a few other people there and apparently the same thing happened the day before. My guide tried to make a best of it and offered me a half day sightseeing tour instead. Temples, waterfall... not much. By 14 Uhr I was back to my hotel. I asked for a partially refound but I was denied. I do not blame anyone for the train not showing up but I think charge me for a half day tour 200$ is outrageous!!! My advice to everyone is to book a local taxi driver (not an agency) to take you there happily for like 20$. That’s what I did during the rest of my holiday.
- LouiseR202000Great service!For our trip from the hotel to the airport we were lucky to have the same driver (Mr Ko Zaw Myo Oo) who picked us up at the airport. We enjoyed his conversation on both trips. Many thanks
- kateykat8100Great private tourKo Zaw was my tour guide. He was very knowledgeable on the sites and history and knew the best places to go. Very friendly and made the trip a pleasure. My driver was also very friendly and courteous. If you're visiting Bagan, I recommend this tour
- Sheridan D00Knights in Shining ArmorWe had self booked most of our trip in August including balloon but could not get a response from river cruise Mandalay to Bagan or internal flights. Two months of attempts. When the cruise company finally responded they were not operating on the day we needed and we were locked into balloon and external flights. We found a link to East Asia through the balloon booking and they saved the trip. They booked us passage on a different cruise the day we had planned. Found internal flights Bagan to Inle and Inle to Mandalay and provided one of the best tour guides for Bagan that we have ever used. They did this last minute and during a major holiday. We are pretty experienced and independant travelers and could have rolled with it but they made a good trip perfect. The whole staff went out of their way.
- 951francisw00Enjoyable and Comfortable Day TripWe booked a Bago day trip and turned out that there were only two of us and were offered a Toyota Crown private car. We were guided by Hlaing who is a very gentle and knowledged young man. Apart from showing us the few destinations, he was very patient answering our endless questions. We were shown to a monastery to see how the monks were given the donations from the worshippers, as well as the Shwemawdaw Pagoda, the tallest pagoda in the world. In between we enjoyed a delicious meal in the restaurant of character. The tour also took us to Kyaikpun Buddha and the Reclining Buddha, and the War Memorial in midway. The whole trip was well organised and very relaxing. Apart from having an outstanding guide, our driver was also very patient and safe.