Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist
By Traveling Spoon
Join Marie in her modern, minimalist apartment in a suburb of Beirut, To learn more about Lebanese food, culture, hospitality and everyday lives. Her apartment has beautiful views of the river and roman vestiges. And is about 7km from downtown Beirut. Marie taught herself to cook and has been cooking since she was 10 years old. She now has over three decades of experience cooking traditional Lebanese food for her family and friends. Cooking is one of Marie’s biggest passions and she is excited to share her culinary traditions with guests. Marie believes that Lebanese cuisine is passed down from generation to generation and it promotes values such as friendship, good relationships and family. Marie says, “you will always feel welcome at the Lebanese table!”
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
per adult (price varies by group size)
Start time: Check availability
Arabic, English, French
What's not included
- Private cooking lesson and home cooked meal with your host Marie
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Departure details
- Beirut, Lebanon Meet Marie outside Maison du Pain, a cafe located on the Mkalles main road.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P475
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian, gluten free and halal options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist?
- Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist price starts from $71.80. Discover and book Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist cancellation policy?
- Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist?
- Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist is hosted by Traveling Spoon. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Traveling Spoon on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P475
Reserve your spot
About the operator
#2 of 15 Classes & Workshops in Beirut
- Travel1215459564100Beirut Highlight!Best experience in Beirut to be welcomed into a family home. It was cooking, culture, family and warmth all in one experience. Tania and her family are amazing and made me feel so welcome. Was the best part of visiting Beirut and Lebanon. Don’t hesitate. Just book!
- MiriErfi00The place to be for cooking classIf you want to have an authentic family cooking experience, then this is the place to be. We had a wonderful time with Tania and her mom Joelle (the cooking machine :) ). We not only learned how to make an authentic homecooked Lebanese meal, we also got insides on the Lebanese culture and the family life. We can highly recommend it! Thank you again Tania and Joelle for letting us have this amazing experience!
- dorsey22200The Most Wonderful and Unforgettable Introduction to LebanonThis was an unforgettable day with Amal, Khaled and Amal's parents. After a seamless pickup from my hotel in Beirut, we drove the short distance to Amal's family home in Aramoun and we were welcomed with a delicious drink. Amal gave me a tour of the home, built in 1927 by her grandfather, and showed me the garden her father tends (and from which many of the foods we ate came). The views over the hills and to the sea are magnificent--and all of this before we set foot into the kitchen! When we did, I learned the tricks of the trade for making kibbeh, a yogurt and cucumber salad (similar to the Greek tzatziki), tabbouleh, baba ghanoush, and maakarouns. The spread on the table was even greater, with homemade saj bread, vegetables (cabbage, beans, peppers, olives) from the garden, spicy potatoes, and the Arak flowed generously. We talked and laughed and shared for many hours over lunch and I felt very welcomed (ahlan wa-sahlan!) into their family. This is a great way to be introduced to some of the food and culture of Lebanon and some of the most generous, warm and lovely people I've ever met. Do yourself a favor and sign up for this course!
- 1KTravele00EXCEPTIONAL LEBANESE COOKING AND CULTURAL EXPERIENCEOn my first trip to Lebanon, I was looking for a cooking class to become more familiar with Levant cuisine. From previous reviews, it became apparent that this was the best class available. The experience exceeded my high expectations in every way and I left with a better understanding of Lebanese food and culture. Amal and her husband, Khaled picked me up at the hotel and drove me to her parents home high in the hills overlooking Beirut. There, I was introduced to her lovely family and given a tour of the home and their garden. Many of the ingredients we used for cooking came from that garden, In fact, the oranges her father grew were some of the most delicious I've ever tasted! After a short introduction to Lebanese history we settled into the kitchen where we prepared three classic dishes. Amal's mother is a fabulous cook and it was mesmerizing watching her prepare some of the desserts. In addition to the items we prepared, there were also many other mezze on the dinner table which made a beautiful feast! As a professional cook, I was interested in doing as much of the cooking and preparation as possible. Amal allows her guests to participate as much or as little as they wish, so the experience can be customized for a wide variety of guests. One of the unexpected benefits of this class was the after dinner conversation with the family, where we covered a wide variety of local and world topics. Everyone was wonderful and made me feel like a member of the family. After the class, Amal dropped me off at my hotel and followed up with an email several days later with recipes for the dishes we'd enjoyed that day. I highly recommend this class and plan to return for another the next time I'm in Beirut.
- melindao23100More than Cooking: An Incredibly Warm Cultural ExperienceFrom the moment we walked into Tania and her mother Joelle's house, we knew that we had signed up for a brilliant local Lebanese experience. Tania delivered on her promise to provide more than a cooking course. To be sure, Joelle and Tania prepared a feast, punctuated with expert tips and tricks (and no small amount of encouragement for our weakest chef, me!). But beyond the delicious food, we enjoyed learning from the family about their daily lives and Lebanese culture at large. We felt entirely welcome throughout the day, which is a credit to Tania and Joelle's hospitable and generous spirits. We would strongly recommend Tania and Joelle's unique and fulfilling experience to anyone visiting Beirut - no matter how strong your cooking skills are!
- V1591IHwilliamo00Beyond ExpectationsFar excised my expectations & I’m a fussy bugger! Tania, her amazing mum, dad & brother welcomed me into their home and immediately made me feel at home. The cooking experience was fun & the banter between mum / daughter was worth the money on its own!!! I’m booking again for next week when I return. I want to see Tania shop where she sells all organic foods/ preserves that she/mum make from their garden! So under promoted. A must on any trip to Beirut. Thanks Tania & Family.
- Wander167726912240010/10 experience, highly recommend!The absolute best experience we had in Lebanon. Amal and Khaled welcomed us into their home and their family, everyone was so incredibly sweet and we shared a lot of laughs. The food was absolutely incredible, Amal is kind enough to share her recipes and her mother is willing to give up some of her best cooking secrets. We had a wonderful evening and highly recommend this cooking experience!
- Samer A00FoodReal nice place with excellent services Good stuff, nice place , I have been there with my girl We had a very nice time there
- 612marilynp00Highlight of our Lebanon tripOne of my favorite things to do in my travels is sharing a meal with a local family in their home. When I saw Amal’s cooking lesson on TripAdvisor, I booked it right away. We were picked up from the hotel by Amal and her husband, Khaled, and taken to a house atop a hill 20 minutes outside the city. It was Amal’s childhood home, which her grandfather built in the 1920s. We were given a tour of the house and the bountiful garden. We were joined by her parents, her 2 daughters, her 2 sisters and her brother. We cooked, we ate, we laughed. The food was so delicious. The conversation flowed over Arak, the Lebanese national drink, and we talked about everything and anything. I didn’t even realize we had been at the house over 5 hours and it was time to go. This has truly been the best experience and so well done by Amal. You can really tell she’s passionate about her family tradition and culture. I think this makes the experience one of a kind and almost impossible to replicate. Years pass and I only vaguely remember the sights that I visited in all these countries, but I will always remember the connection I make with people and I realize how similar we are no matter how different our cultures may be. And I love how food bring people together.
- ap-ffm00Wonderful 🤩Amal and her family were amazing hosts! We enjoyed our evening and the cooking and food 😊 with them a lot, the whole family is just adorable! Thank you a lot again for the great experience and all the best!
- JanaN120200Once in a life time experience!A must on your to-do list when you are in Beirut! If you look for an amazing authentic Lebanese cooking class, this is the place to go! I spent a great evening with Tanja's family and will never forget this enriching experience. You will not only learn how to cook one of the most delicious Lebanese dishes but you will also experience a lovely evening with a Lebanese family. I was welcomed like a family member and treated with so much hospitality and warm-heartedness. A million thanks to Tania and her family for this lifetime experience.
- Cantfindanick00Cooking Class with MarieI am spending four weeks alone in Lebanon and wanted to learn how to cook lebanese food. So I booked an evening with Marie. She welcomed me very warmly to her home. We cooked together Tabouleh, Baba Ghanoush, Hummus and a dish with rice and fish (I don’t remember the name) and for dessert we baked traditional sweets with dates. After cooking we had dinner with two friends of Marie‘s and her daughter. The food was delicious and Marie and her friends were very kind. I enjoyed the evening very much and recommend the experience to anyone.
- Jerry L00Very cordial great eveningWe had the great opportunity to enjoy real Lebanese food, but really not only that! The dinner with Tania’s family exceeded by far our expectation. Every single food plate served was really excellent, very tasty and we got a lot of interesting information about each of them. But that was not only the best! The whole family sincere and warm welcoming and whole evening conversation made that evening unforgettable . Although it was at beginning of October and the country started quite hot demonstrations, we had great evening with a lot of frank and open discussions about the Lebanon, Beirut, culture, sport and the family itself. We’ll never forgot this dinner and hopefully if we’ll return one day to Beirut we’ll visit them again. Tania and your family – thanks a lot, keep save and we wish you and your country all the best!
- 418aminas00Cooking class with AmalAmal and her family were really welcoming and amazing! My ten year old daughter wanted to take the class, and Amal was very patient with her. Amal’s parents, husband, Khalid, two daughters, and sisters were also there. We shared the meal together. After we ate, we were able to chat, and I learned a lot about the Lebanese culture. It was so fun and relaxing. It has been one of the best experiences of our trip so far!
- Hichem F00Great experienceThis was an amazing experience and I highly recommend it. Most like lol it will be the most memorable part of this trip. Tania reached out to us few days before the trip and asked us for our preference for the dish we want to prepare. 10 minutes after arriving, we felt like we are visiting friends or family. We participated in preparing the food for almost 2 hrs. Everything was simple and I am confident that I can reproduce most of the dishes. Most ingredients were fresh! Even the drink (Arak) was home-made! When food was ready, we sat with Tania and her parents to eat. It was as fun as the cooking part. We had several serious and fun conversations. Everything was perfect! I highly recommend it to anyone that loves food and interested in learning how to make it and the culture.
Bonjour, je serai de passage à Beyrouth en juillet. Pourriez-vous me donner un cours de cuisine, j'aurais des questions à vous poser. Merci et bonne journée. Francis
Buy it with
Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist provided by Traveling Spoon
Product Overview: Private, Traditional Lebanese Cooking Class with a Contemporary Twist
|Number of Photos||1|