Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch
By Beyond Escapes
Wander a local vegetable market, learn how to cook an authentic Sri Lankan meal in a countryside house and enjoy the lunch. You will be able to walk through the vegetable markets to find your own preferred vegetables, fruits. You will learn to cook a Sri Lankan meal and make your own dessert by a local woman. After the cooking demonstration you will be able to enjoy the local authentic meal.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by TukTuk
- Sri Lankan Lunch
- Refreshments and water bottles
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up from most centrally located hotels in Colombo.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8021P209
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch?
- Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch price starts from $67.50. Discover and book Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- What is the Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch cancellation policy?
- Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch?
- Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch is hosted by Beyond Escapes. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Beyond Escapes on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Local Market Tour & Cooking Demonstration with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8021P209
Reserve your spot
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Beautiful Tour to Galle and a Turtle Resort
Definitiv the Highlight has been the Turtle Resort! You' ll never come Baby Turtles Thatcher clone, are allowed to …
It was our first trip in Sri Lanka and was a really good start of the holiday , we enjoyed it so much and learned a…
Wonderful experience !
We booked this tour with Beyond Escapes and made a few changes as we wanted to visit Wilpattu national park as well…
Wonderful wonderful time!
Me & my husband had an amazing time in Sri Lanka mainly because of our lovely driver/tour guide Mr. Ceasor. He was …
Private tour - Galle, Yala, Mirissa
Fantastic tour and special thanks to my driver Mr Krishan who was very punctual and really looked after me. Was a b…
Great intro to Sri Lankan wildlife
My guide, Nirmala, was fantastic, really knowledgeable and friendly. We saw 20 kinds of birds plus macau, water mon…
Tour was very funfull
Service was very good and rooms are clean charges also reasonable for our budget location is located is easy to eny…
We did the "Half Day Safari in Bundala National Park from Hambantota Harbor". Our driver picked us up from the port…
Holiday well spent!
It was such a nice holiday, for 10 days 9 nights exploring different cities with varieties of activities, many than…
Making the best of a difficult situation
We had a 6 day holiday in Sri Lanka for our honeymoon. Unfortunately we arrived on the day that curfews had been im…
My friend and I did the 9-day UNESCO sites tour and had a wonderful time. Our guide, Krishan, was very helpful and …
Day trip to Knuckles from Dambulla
Beyond Escapes organised a great day trip to Knuckles from Dambulla. They were very helpful in organising a bespoke…
My first trip to Sri Lanka
Where can I start… Hotels are very good and pretty comfortable to the point that you don’t want to leave. They hav…
Magical Sri Lanka adventure with Mr Dinesh
We had a fantastic two weeks in Sri Lanka, with a lot of thanks to Mr Dinesh our friendly and accommodating guide. …
Sri Lanka’s best - Dilan Dushmantha Tour Guide and driver
Dilan Dushmantha is an amazing tour guide and driver with wonderful local knowledge, master of history of Sri Lanka…