Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo
By Traveling Spoon
Enjoy a private and authentic Sri Lankan meal with your host Bandu in his home. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Bandu is a kind and friendly host, a retired IT professional who has lived overseas for over 35 years. He learned to cook from his mother and has been cooking traditional, home style Sri Lankan food for over 40 years. He initially learned to cook for survival as a young professional and now is extremely passionate about cooking for friends. Apart from cooking, Bandu likes traveling, hiking and swimming. He has traveled to over 35 countries and has even learned to cook local food in a few of them. When asked why he would like to be a host, Bandu says, “this is a great opportunity to learn about other cultures and meet like-minded people.”
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
- Private Sri Lankan cooking class with your host Bandu
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Home-cooked Sri Lankan meal
- Departure details
- Colombo, Sri Lanka Meet your host Bandu at his apartment. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P513
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo?
- Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo price starts from $57.44. Discover and book Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo cancellation policy?
- Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo?
- Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo is hosted by Traveling Spoon. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Traveling Spoon on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Private Traditional Sri Lankan Cooking Class in Colombo on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P513
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Delighted by an authentic cooking and market experience!
We partook in the market tour, cooking experience, and meal with Shasikala. Both Shasikala and her mother couldn’t …
Best 6 hours
Buddhima arrived at my hotel in a tuk tuk to take me to the local markets where we bought fruit and veges for our c…
Authentic Sri Lankan Cuisine with a Grandmother
This was a spectacular cooking class. We have attended cooking classes in many countries, but this was the best. I …
The highlight of My Sri Lanka trip
Buddhima was very friendly, knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. She was able to answer of all my questions n…
Sumptuous lunch in Galle
Kodi and Meena were warm hosts and spent a lot of time with our group... we visited the fish market, vegetable mark…
Traditional meal at Galle with friendly hosts
It was an enjoyable morning at Kodi and Meena's gorgeous heritage home in Galle. They were warm and welcoming hosts…
Warm hospitality, home cooking in a period setting
Our hosts, Kodi and Meena, were extremely warm and friendly and I immediately felt right at home with them. Kodi to…
Great food experience with wonderful family
Shasikala と彼女の家族に感謝しています。ひとり旅だったので最初は躊躇していましたが、行ってみて良かったです。料理レッスンというよりプチホームステイをしている気分で楽しめました。 I received a warm we…
To learn about a culture, cook and eat in their home.
I am so happy to have met Mohara and spent an evening in her home. The afternoon started with a welcome into her h…
We loved our cooking class with Mohara. Not only is the set up so professional even though you are in her home it w…
Cooking with Mohara, Colombo
Me and my girlfriend did a cooking class with Mohara at her home. It was a fantastic experience - she was very kind…
great experience and amazing food
It was brilliant. I love the fact that instead of spending endless time and debate while travelling with friends in…