Visit: Nefelibata Travels (Pvt) Ltd, Level 26, East Tower,World Trade Center Colombo, Sri Lanka, Colombo 00100 Sri Lanka
Udawalawa National Park was designated as a national park to provide a haven for wild animals that were initially displaced by the construction of the Udawalawa Reservoir. Encompassing an area of 30,821 hectares, you’ll be able to spot wild Sri Lankan elephants, dozens of water birds and other animals that thrive here. The park is one of the more popular reserves on the island. The Udawalawa Elephant Transfer Home is located within the park as well. Established in 1995, it’s home to over 65 orphaned elephants, where they are taken care of until they’re old enough to be released back into the wild. The months between May to September are said to be the best time to spot animals, as most of them leave the thick jungles in search of water.
• Enjoy king coconut refreshments and breakfast
• Visit elephant transit home
Elephant transit home is the home for hundreds of baby elephant who have lost their parents and families. You will so lucky to see lovely moments of baby elephants who are busy with milk drinking and many more activities.
• Then proceed to Mirissa (south coast), en route enjoy dinner
• Hotel drop off
• We would offer you customized tour package on your request.
• You will pick up from your hotel in Ella and transfer to your hotel in Udawalawe.
• Safari and elephant transit home visit could be arrange on same day evening or next day morning on your request.
• Then proceed to Mirissa
Best time to do safari is 06:00 am in morning and 15:00 pm in evening
Best time to visit elephant transit home is 09:00 am, 12:00 noon and 15:00 pm