Walking tour of Colombo is the best way to see Colombo's amazing Fort district Learn about the city's colonial past Mark, a Colombo native, has hosted walks in Colombo for several years under the Colombo City Walks banner.Starting at the Dutch Hospital Shopping Complex in Fort and walk along the old colonial streets, away from your usual tourist spots, and seek out the colonial Dutch mansions and be a part of the history that is now commercial hub of Colombo. Explore the old Cargills building, visit the New Chinese shop, snap a picture outside the Pagoda Tea Rooms where Duran Duran filmed their iconic music video, Hungry like the Wolf, and enjoy a cup of Ceylon Tea on the balcony of the Grand Oriental Hotel while taking in the sunset views of the Colombo Harbour.End your walk back at the Dutch Hospital, formerly a hospital during the 17th century, the complex is now host to high-end restaurants, bars and shops. Relax, take a breather, admire the architecture.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 2–3 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Departure details
- Colombo, Sri Lanka Colombo port
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 109121P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs on Tripadvisor
- How much is Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs?
- Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs price starts from $98.08. Discover and book Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs on Tripadvisor
- What is the Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs cancellation policy?
- Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs?
- Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs is hosted by globes travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact globes travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 109121P5
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Kochi (Cochin), India
Joined in December 2018
#6 of 45 Food & Drink in Kochi (Cochin)
- Nishant_15900Mouth-watering food and enriching experience.It was a wonderful and overall exciting experience. It was my first visit to Kerala and the enriching and soothing emotion the trip felt in my can not be described in literal words. The guide and the staff were very friendly and always ready to assist me no matter what. The food was flavorful, mouth-watering, and delicious. We did little shopping and learned a lot about the historical importance of Cochin Heritage. I would like to thank our support mechanism in Cochin and this Heritage tour The Gloves travel to make it.
- Sonal_karamchandani00Superbly superbIt was the most amazing accommodative tour agent and I had leverage to change things to my convenience. I had rajesh thomas as my guide and with me all the time to my needs and who was beyond superb … safe as well as spoke very good English which made things so easy and he went the extra miles to tick my last minute buckets list. I highly recommend them🙏
- acashwells00Private Colombo TourPrivate Colombo tour-guide and driver arrived early-great, informative tour and they helped my husband who uses a wheelchair. Great tour of Buddhist Temple. Great shopping also and great for a private tour. Would highly recommend this agency. Rajesh always keeps you informed and tailors the tours as you want.
- Smoller12300Boat Experience is Over RatedI spent a day looking around Cochin and if you like history, it’s an interesting place. Basically, Europeans discovered India when Vasco de Gama landed here in the 1400s, so you can visit the church where he was buried. There is a long history of Jewish settlement here as well and the synagogue and old town are well worth visiting. Also, Christianity entered India through Cochin via St. Thomas the apostle arriving here after the crucifixion of Jesus, so you can investigate that aspect of things in various places if you wish. There is a fort that was established by the Portuguese, but it’s closed on Fridays so I missed it. The Alleppey houseboat exercise was a disappointment for me. Basically, you get on a floating houseboat that sales a couple of miles downriver along with a couple of hundred other mugs and parks. There, you get to spend the night on a modestly equipped tub and eat very average food while putting up with the high humidity unless you stay in your room with the a/c on. Don’t think of swimming, the water’s polluted. Unless you are looking for a room where you can b@ng your girlfriend while the 2 man crew are not too far away, I’d give it a miss.
- Johnalias00Good ExperienceExcellent Support and well managed staffs with high quality vehicles I suggest globes travel in future also
- raj005200Don’t be scammedFalse advertising by this vendor and felt cheated. Very surprised reliable sources like The Trip advisor does not check false claims of its promoted sites .From the trip description it seemed the boat trip started at Kochi , actually the vendor will drive you about 3 hours on busy roads to Alleppy ,which was a shocker. With a little kid it was difficult for us . We paid almost 26 K indian rupee for n a air-conditioned house boat. Right it the middle of the trip as the weather got warmer the crew did not switch on the AC, unless we paid additional 500 rupees for switching on the AC . That was a real cheap move . Overall we take back a bitter memory of a beautiful place. Don’t be scammed
- L6751BJandrews00Great Tour Operator for Kerala (India)Just back from a magical three weeks touring Mysore and Kerala with my wife. On recommendation we got Rajesh Thomas of Globes Travel to organise our entire visit which included city tours (Mysore and Cochin), mountain stays at tea and coffee plantations, a jungle tree house, a night on a traditional houseboat on the backwaters, two homestays, a train ride, an internal flight and some luxury time at two five-star hotels on the Vembanad lake (Coconut Lagoon) and on the Arabian Sea (Marari Beach). Experience of a lifetime with a fantastic private driver (Vinsun) and expert guides. Rajesh checked on us almost daily and organised a surprise candlelit dinner at the beach resort. He was very flexible and made changes we requested as we went along. While you might consider it a risk to work directly with an Indian travel firm rather than through a UK agent our experience was wholly positive (and far more economical). The trip was delayed by Covid and Rajesh refunded our deposit without question and then rebooked us when India opened up again. Highly recommended. We organised our own flights from/to the UK with BA.
- Farhatkhan12300Good tripMy mother and my mother in law had a wonderful trip with globes travel .highly recommend for seniors
- PavlH00Good trip to see part of GoaWe were met at our hotel by our guide for the day and he was waiting for us as we arrived at the front of the hotel. The car and driver were good - the traffic was busy as it was rush hour and there is a lot of roadworks to build a new bridge between North and South Goa. Some places of interest were pointed out an route and the stops we made were interesting. We enjoyed the day, including lunch at the Spice Farm where we had a buffet including fish, chicken and vegetable curries. Our guide was friendly, knowledgeable and answered any questions we had. An enjoyable experience.
- rinkuyadav00Best trip to Mumbai Elephenta cavesTo start our journey of heritage tour, our first step was, took a boat ride from The Gateway of India to the Elephanta Caves and the journey took just over an hour to get there. The back journey was about 45 minutes. When we arrived there, we chose to walk all the way but unfortunately there is a little train which takes us closer to the steps. The steps up to the caves are steep and lined with stalls selling souvenirs but even we didn't feel hassled at all. To enter the island we had to pay 15 rupees each then to enter the caves. The first cave that we saw was the most interesting
- 578nikkip00Globes travelRajesh Thomas from Global travels tours was excellent. He tried his best to accommodate us. My daughter has dietary needs and he tried to make sure that all the hotels were made aware of this ahead of time. The hotels however and communication in India is another matter altogether! It wasn’t his fault at all but I’m sorry to say that India needs to wake up to the needs of travellers. Medical condition or not they just don’t get it! Even with the advanced messages and phone calls they got it wrong every time. That part was very stressful but again not the fault of the tour company. I’d thoroughly recommend Rajesh Thomas and Global travels though. We had fantastic drivers and very knowledgeable tour guides. It takes the extra stress of looking for cabs and trying to find your own way around places. We visited Amritsar, Delhi and Agra and global travel arranged everything. Rajesh was available via what’s ap and phone at all times. He did his level best to resolve the issues that the hotels had caused. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Rajesh Thomas and global tours.
- Alfienero00A visit to spice plantationThis is beautifully located and a must visit place, if you are a nature lover and want to smell real spices in their prime, very tasty lunch and guided tour is arranged perfectly by guides those who have full knowledge best time to visit during day is on a dry day if its raining don’t go there as it’s become muddy and slippery otherwise it’s a memorable trip, As I said before if u love nature then a must go place if u are in goa,I hope this review will help people who want to explore GOA other than beaches and casinos.
- brathemacullam00One week in Kerala itineraryOne week in Kerala is not enough to get it all. Well, one week in Kerala is enough to make you fall in love with this part of southern India and vow to return – and to explore beyond the subcontinent’s western coast. A one week trip to Kerala is also enough to get a taste of this beautiful part of the world, from its iconic backwaters to its colonial history and the vibrant green tea plantations. So here's my itinerary to pack it all in…
- Chefjerrysheeran00Kerala holidayThese guys are amazing ...rajesh organized everything perfectly...one of the best holidays we have had in India...just amazing people .what an awesome experience..highly recommend using them ..thank you soo much
- rajgupta4100Beautiful Eco tourist villageKumbalangi village is surrounded by backwaters and the village is particularly famous for its eco-tourism activities such as Coir Making, Crab Farming, Fishing, Chinese Nets and many more. This village is blessed with many natural wonders and the people who visits are treated very well by the locals , there are few home stay options too in the village.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Did this walking tour with Chantelle who was excellent. This tour was the best part of Columbia. It good to hear the stories behind the pictures.
Written February 1, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thanks for your valuable feedback
Written September 7, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs provided by globes travel
Product Overview: Colombo Walking Tour With Mark Forbs
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos