General description: The area of Terelj lies near Ulaanbaatar, forming outstanding scenery with its forests of larches and pine, its granite rock formations sculpted as creatures, its turbulent rivers and nomad herders living in harmony with vigorous nature on the green lands of country. By just spending a day, you will be able to discover true way of life of nomads, their culture alongside with activities such as horse riding, trekking and visiting a Buddhist meditation center for your leisure. Pay a visit to Giant Chinggis Khaan and statue and overnight with Kazakh ethnic family. An optional day of experiencing horse trekking along the Tuul River thru the vast steppes with abundant contrast of landscapes.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- • Transfers upon arrival and departure
- • Guide service at all times.
- • In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps / nomadic family’s Ger.
- • Park entrance fees
- • Horse ride
- • Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- • Travel insurance, medical insurance
- • Alcoholic beverages
- Departure details
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia Mongolian vision tours Guesthouse
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 119740P62
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park?
- 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park price starts from $565.12. Discover and book 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park on Tripadvisor
- What is the 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park cancellation policy?
- 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park?
- 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park is hosted by Mongolian Vision Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mongolian Vision Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 119740P62
Reserve your spot
Chinggis Khaan Statue Complex
Horse trekking along the Tuul...
Terelj National Park
About the operator
Mongolian Vision Tours
Joined in March 2018
#39 of 228 Outdoor Activities in Ulaanbaatar
- H8288FCbenjamina00A good choiceWe have done a private tour of 3 weeks, half in Altai (with a lot of hiking) and half in Gobi. The agency is serious and reliable, with competitive prices. The guide (Badral Badral) was always doing his best to be of help. The manager of the agency (Davka) was helpful when organising the trip, with an easy communication. A good choice for planning a trip in this beautiful country.
- Lee_family_21905300Great Changgis Khan visitInteresting place to visit. Huge statue. The walk up the stairs to the horse head is rewarded with a close up view of Changgis Khan and photo opportunities. One can also take the lift up. Looking in the same direction as Changgis Khan will be rewarded with his mother in the distance.
- Zvika33800Bad tripI booked a trip for 14 days through them. On the trip we had a guide who caused us a lot of problems, made us pay more for things and gave us bad feelings During the trip we argued with the guide and she scolded us for paying much more than we should have The instructor was really against us We left this trip really disappointed
- Wanson00The tour was full of disappointmentI really had high expectations with this tour and also after seeing all the good review. We joined the tour and we had to share the facilities with the other tour people We expected to do a few things in the tour but it didn't end up well - Amarbayasgalant monastery & Ghengis Khan complex --> no we did not go. (if winter driving is harsh, just don't include this in the itinerary) - horse riding - No horse by the period we went to the area. mainly Khuvsgul lake. Nothing we could do there - Most disappointed of all - Reindeers ! No reindeers in the reindeer herders! Due to the season again, they only kept 1 reindeer. Just one We wanted to go there for the experience and seeing how the family interacts with the reindeers. Not just taking turn riding 1 reindeer - we were asked to pay to the another family for seeing more reindeers.. but not like the experience we expected what they mentioned Observe, learn and experience lifestyle of those people and assist them in their daily activities · Options for joining reindeer herding. · In the evening by the fire, listen and learn their stories, legends and songs. Meet tribal shamans and ask for your future fortune None were fulfilled we asked for accommodation details many times but also never got the right feedback. Say we requested a separate stay but never got it addressed. I think at least they should answer no before hand
- Scarrowmanwick00Very pleasant TourWe met Juugi at the railway station. She was handing out maps to passengers getting off the train from Beijing. She also offered us a very reasonably priced taxi ride to our hotel. Along the way she told us about the tours the company does. She was very pleasant and engaging so I emailed her the next day to arrange a trip out of the city. The company were very easy to deal with and the next morning the delightful Rocki and a driver (whose name I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten) picked us up from our hotel. We had an absolutely wonderful, unhurried and very memorable day out at the Chingis Khan monument and the National Park. As much as anything the people from Mongolian Vision were very enjoyable company. I'd highly recommend a trip with them and I'd guess that their long multi-day trips will be very good. Thanks very much.
- Big_wall_climber00180km horse trek to Lake Khar, Gorkhi Terelj National ParkAn outstanding trip with Mongolian Vision Tours. This time our guide was Orkhon, an excellent leader, resourceful and charismatic. Also 2 excellent horsemen. The horses were strong and healthy, camping kit was excellent. The countryside was beautiful, starting in steppes and moving out to wild wooded hill and moorland. The final destination was a perfect focal point for the trip. We saw lots of wildlife and magnificent autumn colours.
- charlotv55700Great 10 day tour with Gotow and Eric!We just got back from a private tour through Gobi and Central Mongolia. The tour was way beyond what we expected. Our guide Gotow took really good care of us, had a great knowledge and speaks English very well. He really knows how to cook too, and took our western stomachs into consideration. Eric is a great trustworthy driver. We had a lot of fun getting to know the country, meeting the families on the way (not so touristy camps, which is exactly what we wanted) and travelling with these 2 guys. Totally recommended!
- nimrodsadot00Trip around mongolia with a driverWe were very satisfied with that tour company. We asked for the driver named Bayara, best driver in mongolia, speaks english, know all the best places to camp or buy whatever you need, play on a guitar and even cook very good Korean food! Had the best time with him and really recommend that tour company! באיירה נהג מספר אחד!! מאוד אוהב ישראלים ומומלץ מכל בחינה.. חברת וויז׳ן טורס עזרה לנו הרבה מעבר למה שקשור לטיול, בעלת העסק, דווקה, מאוד נחמדה ועזרה לנו בהכל.
- GeorgesDL31008 days of amazementI took part to this 8 days tour in the end of August 2019, and a aying that this tour was amazing would be an euphemism. First of all, the tour features a lot of different and super cool activities, such as camel riding, sand dunes climbing, monastery visits and much much more. The place we went through were all amazingly beautiful, and sleeping with nomadic families made the sharing experience really unique (even when they make you drink horse milk...) ! But to me, the real had value is the Mongolian Vision Tour’s team that was really amazing. Oyouka, Eric and Frank (Frank was the name of Eric’s car) did an amazing job, always looking for how they could make the experience even better than it already was. This is for this amazing travel planning and incredible team that I definitely would recommend this tour. Once’s more, thanks a lot for everything !
- Pingwin194700Mongolian Vision Tours highly recommended as the tour operator and hostel.We, 8 people 60+ and 70+ from Poland, booked in advance with Mongolian Vision Tours 15-days Southern, Central and Northern Mongolia Tour. Email contact with Davka -manager - was perfect. She was answering immediately and all details were fixed. Our tour (3-17.08.2019) was great. Highlights: Gobi desert, singing dunes, flaming cliffs, Orkhon Valley, hot springs, Khuvsgul Lake, Kharkhorin, Amarbayasgalant Monastery - very interesting and picturesque. Very professional people took care of us: wonderful drivers Ogi and Mende, and very good and communicative guide Orkhon. Young assistant Erke was also very helpful. Many thanks to the whole team for unforgettable tour and stay in the hostel. Ewa, Grażyna, Asia, Teresa, Helena, Iwona, Marek and Jan from Poland
- detroith1900Lovely guesthouse in center of CityClose to city centre. Staff are lovely and check in was really simple. Shared kitchen available to use and free breakfast in the morning. Room was cozy, bed was comfortable and bathroom has hot showers. They have another apartment with 4 private rooms separate from the guesthouse but still very close. Highly recommend for solo travelers, couples and friends.
- marcolZ4106FG00Great place to stay and to start your adventure in MongoliaGreat place and good service, i felt like in a family. Really nice and kind staff, everyone was really helpful, thanks in particular to a nice lovely girl called Lora that helped me with all the bookings of tours and stuff. All the rooms are really clean and comfortable, and i met a lot of really good people there, some of them will be friends for all my life. I highly recommend this hostel and i’ll definitely stay here next time i’ll come to Mongolia.
- RUB2800Great 2 days tour from Ulaanbataar!I booked with Mongolian Vision Tour a 2 days tour. It consisted in seeing the Zeisan monument in Ulaanbaatar, then the Genghis Khan statue, sleeping in the yurts of a nomadic family, and the second day going to the Terelj National Park to see the Turtle Statue and a monastery built in the nineties. This tour was great, especially the night I slept in the yurts. The family was nice and made really good food for us (we were 2 with another tourist) for lunch, dinner and breakfast. The place was amazing, perfectly located in the middle of nowhere with nobody around us for several kilometers. But still 2h driving from Ulaanbaatar. We had a horse riding too as the family takes care of horses and cows. They really share the way they live and it was great to have the opportunity to discover it. The other activities were ok too but definitely the best is to stay sometime in the area around the yurts where I slept. And the tour is organized to let you taking your time there, which was something I really appreciated. The guide (Sonya) was really nice, helpful and still ready to share information and answer to questions. She stayed with us all the time, she even slept in the yurts too. Everything is organized and you have nothing to think, only look at landscape and discover. Price is not cheap, but I think it was on the average in comparison of tours organized by other travel agencies in Mongolia. I highly recommend this tour if you stay a short period of time in Ulaanbaatar, for instance during a Transsiberian / Transmogolian trip as I did. Thank you for giving me those unforgotten memories!
- charlotte673500Unforgettable Amazing Experience!We arrived in Mongolia by train and were met by Davka. We were so grateful to be met after a long journey. Davka was so hospitable and custom made a great tour for us doing all the activities we dreamed of. The next day we set off with our guide, Gotov and driver, Bokher (forgive my spelling). Both provided an excellent professional and friendly service the entire 5 day trip. We thoroughly enjoyed our time seeing Kharkhorin, Orkhon waterfall, staying with families in their Gers, riding camels, dog sledding, seeing Chinngis Khans statue and experiencing Mongolian culture. Highly recommend this company- both guesthouse and tours.
- Big_wall_climber00A brilliant trip thanks to great staff and excellent choice of nomad partners.I'm a qualified professional International Mountain Guide (IFMGA) and train leaders for mountaineering activities throughout the world, so I am well qualified to assess adventure provision. Our guide and driver from Mongolian Vision Tours were both excellent, and made a real effort to share an authentic and exciting experience of central Mongolia. They always made best use of the time available, so we never missed any opportunity for photography in the best light of the day, and we enjoyed horse and camel riding, meeting nomads, visiting beautiful locations and spotting the famous wild horses. We had a 5-year old girl with us as well, so our requirements were quite diverse from the activity point of view. Everybody in our group had a wonderful time. The price was very reasonable, and the staff were very helpful in accepting a range of currencies, as we were a multi-national group. We also stayed for the final night in the city guesthouse, which proved to be a very useful and friendly base at a budget price. For adventurous people who prioritise activity and environment rather than luxury accommodation, this company provides fantastic value!
Buy it with
3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park provided by Mongolian Vision Tours
Product Overview: 3 Days Horse Trekking to Terelj National Park
Number of Photos