Away from city life in the Laotian capital, nature still rules with a green fist. Protected by locals who have called this part of the world their home for generations, the Phou Khao Khouay National Protected Area is a rustic region, filled with nature and eco-friendly initiatives to keep it that way. Officially labelled as a Biodiversity Conservation Area by the Laotian government, the unique flora and fauna of Phou Khao Khouay is that juxtaposition compared to the Vientiane way of living that drives visitors out of the city and into the untouched wild life side of Laos. Orchid lovers will certainly get their money’s worth as the Phou Khao Khouay is known nation for contributing close to 50% of all the wild orchids in Laos.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- A professional English-speaking local hiking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Picnic lunch is included
- Entry/Admission - Phou Khao Khouay National Bio-Diversity
- Entry/Admission - Tad Sae Waterfall
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We can pick up from only hotels in Vientiane, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8084P751
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking local hiking guide only.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Vientiane.
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Ngam Num Lake, Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge, and Vientiane International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of picnic lunch menu.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues. Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour
- As we trek through pristine parts of the rainforest, we are obliged to inform you in advance that there are no sanitary facilities en route to your final destination available
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power; we reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Customers are reminded to submit their passport number and expiration date with their reservation. These are essential requirements as outlined by local immigration regulations
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path?
- Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path price starts from $152.92. Discover and book Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path on Tripadvisor
- What is the Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path cancellation policy?
- Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path?
- Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path is hosted by Asian Trails LTD. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Asian Trails LTD on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8084P751
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Phou Khao Khouay National Bio-DiversityStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Tad Sae WaterfallStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Asian Trails LTD
Joined in October 2015
#7 of 18 Outdoor Activities in Vientiane
- Ali Hamoud A00A big artificial lake beside a hydro electric Power PlantNothing special really. If you have been to Halong bay in Vietnam, this artificial lake is nothing. However, if you are in Vientiane, Laos and have a free day it is worth a visit. The trip takes you to the countryside across rice farms and various plantations. A stop at a scenic hydro electric power plant to take a snapshot of a nice view infront of the water locks is recommended. Then on arrival at the lake, you stop at a small jet to take an hour boat ride. Various sizes boats are available. The prices are so cheap. You take a fairly good size boat for an entire family for 150,000 Kip. You pay slightly more for a boat with a toilet onboard. This is for an hour long ride which is so relaxing. You can order lunch and have it on board whilst slowly cruizing around this huge artifial lake. Recommended if you and family or group of friends have a free day whilst in Vientiane, Laos.
- cooksha00Interesting to see but stay on the side roadsThe Early Morning Alms Giving is good to see to experience one piece of the local culture; however, we were very put off by all the tourists who were just gawking, taking photos and being disrespectful - without any understanding of what the ceremony signifies. People should research it before going so you understand what it is. We discovered later that more monks were accepting alms on the side-streets than on the main road. My only guess is that they wanted to avoid the ridiculous spectacle on the main road. Good for them! People - BE RESPECTFUL !!!!
- pmr0bins00Perfect PeaceThis is a wonderful place with surrounding scenery that encourages immediate restful feelings. Having been to the Black Bear Rescue Sanctuary. and been horrified by the way these wonderful creatures had been treated prior to being rescued, the waterfalls are an antidote and well worth the trip, which is not expensive and not too far.
- Kimmiecarroll00Definitely worth the early wake up!So nice to see a community come together and pay respect to the monks. Although it’s mostly tourists! There are ladies in the street selling the sticky rice for you to give monks. They also provide small stools to sit on, as well as the scarf to wear to show respect. It goes by quickly- I was back at my hotel by 6:15 am
Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path provided by Asian Trails LTD
Product Overview: Full Day Hiking Along the Orchids’ Path
Number of Photos