Vientiane is not your average capital. Heavily influenced by the French, the seat of the Laotian government lacks aspects of what is commonly defined as a hustle-and-bustle metropolis where time moves fast. The contrary is actually the truth; tree-lined boulevards with small coffee corner, temples and religious shrines where a coming-and-going of the faithful may be the only traffic jam during that day, and where life takes on an even slower pace when settling down along the Mekong for the sun to set. The aura of Laos’ kind-hearted city flows, not inadvertently, also further afield. A slightly different approach of Vientiane’s artistic and warm-hearted side comes in the shape of this almost full day exploration of the often overlooked side.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- A professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Buddha Park
- Entry/Admission - Lao Disabled Womens Development Center Shop
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We can pick up from hotels inside Vientiane, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8084P752
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Vientiane.
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Ngam Num Lake, Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge, and Vientiane International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are reminded to submit their passport number and expiration date with their reservation. These are essential requirements as outlined by local immigration regulations.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane on Tripadvisor
- How much is Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane?
- Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane price starts from $115.59. Discover and book Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane on Tripadvisor
- What is the Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane cancellation policy?
- Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane?
- Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane is hosted by Asian Trails LTD. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Asian Trails LTD on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8084P752
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Buddha ParkStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedIn tune with the city’s rhythm, your guide and driver will arrive at your hotel at around 9:30pm, ample time to prepare yourself without the rush. The tour commences with an approximately 45-minute drive to the Buddha Park. Situated on the outskirts of Vientiane on the Mekong River is a vast manicured garden lined with trees that is home to over 200 concrete sculptures of Buddha, Hindu Gods, demons and mythological creatures of different sizes. The park's most striking sculpture is a huge pumpkin with three levels representing earth, heaven and hell which can be explored via a staircase and at the top offers spectacular views of the park. Despite its interesting sculptures, Buddha Park is not a temple although locals regularly frequent the park to worship its religious monuments like its large reclining Buddha. Built in 1958 by an eccentric business man, The Buddha Park offers great views into neighboring Thailand.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Asian Trails LTD
Joined in October 2015
#7 of 20 Outdoor Activities in Vientiane
- Chris R00Tour was not as described on website …Lunch was supposed to be served beside waterfall but driver took us to local road side noodle soup place. The tour includes three waterfalls. Enroute we picked up a worker that worked for the company. She discouraged us from doing the third and final waterfall- saying it wasn’t that nice. Guess they wanted to get back faster because we finished 1 hour early. Probably the individual that they hired to do the tour is the problem. Recommend that you avoid this tour company.
- Ali Hamoud A00A big artificial lake beside a hydro electric Power PlantNothing special really. If you have been to Halong bay in Vietnam, this artificial lake is nothing. However, if you are in Vientiane, Laos and have a free day it is worth a visit. The trip takes you to the countryside across rice farms and various plantations. A stop at a scenic hydro electric power plant to take a snapshot of a nice view infront of the water locks is recommended. Then on arrival at the lake, you stop at a small jet to take an hour boat ride. Various sizes boats are available. The prices are so cheap. You take a fairly good size boat for an entire family for 150,000 Kip. You pay slightly more for a boat with a toilet onboard. This is for an hour long ride which is so relaxing. You can order lunch and have it on board whilst slowly cruizing around this huge artifial lake. Recommended if you and family or group of friends have a free day whilst in Vientiane, Laos.
- cooksha00Interesting to see but stay on the side roadsThe Early Morning Alms Giving is good to see to experience one piece of the local culture; however, we were very put off by all the tourists who were just gawking, taking photos and being disrespectful - without any understanding of what the ceremony signifies. People should research it before going so you understand what it is. We discovered later that more monks were accepting alms on the side-streets than on the main road. My only guess is that they wanted to avoid the ridiculous spectacle on the main road. Good for them! People - BE RESPECTFUL !!!!
- pmr0bins00Perfect PeaceThis is a wonderful place with surrounding scenery that encourages immediate restful feelings. Having been to the Black Bear Rescue Sanctuary. and been horrified by the way these wonderful creatures had been treated prior to being rescued, the waterfalls are an antidote and well worth the trip, which is not expensive and not too far.
- Kimmiecarroll00Definitely worth the early wake up!So nice to see a community come together and pay respect to the monks. Although it’s mostly tourists! There are ladies in the street selling the sticky rice for you to give monks. They also provide small stools to sit on, as well as the scarf to wear to show respect. It goes by quickly- I was back at my hotel by 6:15 am
Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane provided by Asian Trails LTD
Product Overview: Capturing a Blissful and Blessed Vientiane
Number of Photos