Select Date and Travelers
Low Price Guarantee
• Explore the Cu Chi tunnels by minivan • Explore Saigon River by speedboat • Learn the in-dept history of the war from Vietnamese sights • Sightseeing villages, rubber plantations and rice paddies by local transport • Experience what it was like living inside the tunnel system • Discover underground world of guerrilla warfare in the incredible Cu Chi tunnels • Gain insight into the tenacity and resourcefulness of the Vietcong • Go on a jungle walk in the tunnel area • Crawl inside the tunnels • Try cassava root that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years • Delicious lunch of traditional Vietnamese cuisine • Chance to shoot the AK47, M16, M30, M60, Garand M1, Carbine (at your own expenses)
- You'll start atSaigon Central Post OfficeOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Cu Chi TunnelsStop: 7 hours - Admission includedBuilt by local fighters during the Indochina conflict, the Cu Chi tunnels served as a base from which the Viet Cong could operate from close to the Southern Vietnamese capital. For this Ho Chi Minh city tour, leave the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City to explore one of the relics from one of the most significant local historical events in recent memory. Journey takes 1.2 hours west towards the Cambodian border. Ongoing way to the Cu Chi tunnels, we can see local life in the area, both past and present. Learn about their lives, culture, and customs and get an insight into the recent past through local eyes. Continue on to the Cu Chi tunnels. The location of the tunnels was of significant strategic importance: they are at the end of the infamous Ho Chi Minh Trail, and within striking distance of the southern Vietnam capital. Initial construction started in 1948 when the Viet Minh required somewhere to hide from French air attacks, and by 1965, the tunnel complex was estimated to consist of 200 km of tunnels. It included, hospitals, schools, meeting rooms, kitchens, and sleeping quarters. Life was difficult for the inhabitants, and to protect against outside intruders, booby traps were laid throughout the complex. Today, the Vietnamese government has preserved approximately 75 km of the Cu Chi tunnels as a memorial park, and in some areas the tunnels have been widened and low powered lights installed so that tourists can now fit through the complex. Your local guide will take you on a fascinating tour of the Cu Chi tunnels, where you will learn more about the conditions the people lived in, the hardships they faced, and the amazing ingenuity employed to maintain life in the tunnels. We walk past huge bomb craters - evidence of the heavy bombing campaigns in the region during the Indochina conflict, discover hidden entrances right beneath your feet, wander past tiny little chimneys in the ground that dispersed smoke from the underground kitchens, sample some of the simple cuisine that local fighters would have survived on, and have an opportunity to venture into the tunnels and explore the complex. You will end this historical Ho Chi Minh City tour with a greater understanding of the local impacts of the conflicts of the 20th century. On the way back, we will drop you off at War Remnants Museum, Ben Thanh Market or your hotel in District 1, 3, 4.Read more
- You'll end atSaigon Central Post Office2 Công xã Paris, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, VietnamYou will be picked up at your hotel which is located within district 1, 3, 4. Picking up at other districts might be extra charged.See address & details
Saigon Central Post Office, 2 Công xã Paris, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Returns to original departure point
- English speaking guide
- Air-con minivan
- Luxury speed boat
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Traditional local lunch
- Travel insurance ($5.000 USD/ case)
- Fruits & drinks
- Entry/Admission - Cu Chi Tunnels
- Personal expenses
- Tips/ gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Vietnam Holidays Travel
Cu Chi Tunnels
Our guide (Bo?) was very nice and friendly. We went to a lacquer art factory and gallery that employs people affect…
Went today on the tour. Our guide was excellent friendly and really informative. He was waiting for us in the hotel…
Great visit to the cu Chi tunnels
Perfect...no complaints...great ride and lunch....good cultural experiences in the tour! Car was neat and clean...h…
A very good possibility to see the most important points from Saigon( i hope to use official name very soon)
Good Tour. However, it is in Vietnamese not English
Language: Note the entire tour is in Vietnamese. However, the tour guide can speak English. I can only understand/s…
Could not have had a better day out! Luc was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed every aspect of the tour immensely, …
MORE LIKE A SHOPPING TOUR
Our Tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable. however, this tour is more focused on selling you stuff from diffe…
A wonderful tour!
Luc is a wonderful guide. He is impressively knowledgeable about HCM city and Vietnam, especially its culture and h…
Had a great day, Tuan our guide was excellent, friendly and informative. Picked us up from our hotel and dropped us…
What a fantastic place to visit. The Mekong river tour is a must. Absolutely awesome. Tour guides are professional …
My husband and I enjoyed the water puppet show a lot. Even though we didn’t understand the language the show was ve…
Amazing private tour
My wife and I had the most incredible tour today. We were picked up at our ship by Luc and his driver Tuan. Luc and…
Miguel from France
We had an amazing time on this tour. Luc talks very good English and is also nice and very interesting. The tour is…
This was a great day and most enjoyable. Our group had a total of 6 which was a good size – small enough for the or…
Vietnam day 1
Our trip to the Cuchi tunnel and Mekong Delta river tour was marvelous! From booking to the actual day of the tour …
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 842 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 12,115 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 880 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 5,171 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day
What time does Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day start?
Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day will start at 7:45 AM. Discover and book Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day on Tripadvisor
How much is Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day?
Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day price starts from $78.47. Discover and book Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day on Tripadvisor
What is the Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day cancellation policy?
Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day on Tripadvisor