Day 1: Saigon – My Tho – Can Tho
• 8:00 am, VN Bike Tour guide will pick you up for the Private Mekong Delta Tour
• Firstly, with Private Mekong Delta Tour, you will take a leisurely cruise on the Tien river to visit 4 islets which are represented as four mythical animals in Southeast Asia: Dragon, Kirin, Tortoise, Phoenix. At Kirin islet, feel free to try the freshly barked handmade coconut candy, visit honey bee farm to try some specialty products, then walk through the orchard gardens to taste some seasonal tropical fruits and listen to the folk music which is an indispensible spiritual cultural activity in locals’ life
• Furthermore, you can relax on the rowing boat going through a mangrove palm canal, and continue to ride by horse-drawn carriage through the village as the way locals did in the 19th century.
• And then to reach the beautiful riverside restaurant for having lunch with specialties of Private Mekong Delta tour‘s cuisine. Finally, you will cruise back to the main land, and go straight to Can Tho city which is known not only as a rice kingdom but also as the biggest dynamic city in Mekong, you will have plenty of free time to explore that city at night after having dinner at your hotel.
Day 2: Can Tho – Ben Tre – Saigon (Biking Option) or Can Tho – Tien Giang – Saigon (None Biking Option)
• On the Private Mekong Delta Tour, you have 2 options meeting up with the guide at 5 am or 7 am. If you choose 5am, then you can have breakfast after coming back to your hotel from the floating market. If you choose 7am, you should have breakfast before meeting the guide. For the clear information, even though Cai Rang Floating Market is opened all day but the perfect time to catch real lively scenery is around 6 am. And the most colorful time is absolutely during the time of 1 or 3 weeks before the Lunar New Year. It takes about 30’ for cruising along Hau river from Ninh Kieu wharf, you surely have freedom to try any tropical fruits, drinks or even hot rice noodle soup which is called “hu tieu” as your light breakfast, just as the way “Master Chef “ Gordon Ramsay highly recommended.
• After that, you will visit the chewy noodle workshop to learn more about other kinds of Vietnamese noodle. You will be riding through a truly countryside where car is nearly impossible to get through with small complex terrain.
• With about 7 – 10 km biking, you are going to pass tropical fruit gardens, get across the bridge with vast mangrove palm scenery from both side, visit a countryside market and take some funny talks with friendly locals over there.