Welcome to Hanoi, Vietnam. In the morning, we will meet at your hotel/hostel for breakfast. We then walk to Ngoc Son temple to learn about the history of Hanoi and take photographs of the traditional Vietnamese architecture.
Then we walk along the old town. We will visit the iconic Hanoi Train Street, Hanoi Flag tower and through to the Vietnam military museum. After, we will stop in the beautiful Lenin park, for a quick rest before we continue to walk to Van Mieu- the Temple of Literature.
The Temple of Literature was Vietnam's first university. The complex consists of five separate courtyards, highlighted by the Khue Van Pavilion and eight-two of the steles remain. These are considered the most valuable artifacts at the temple. The Temple of Literature, known as Van Mieu, has honored Vietnam’s intellectual elite for centuries. Originally a university dedicated to Confucius, this historic temple pays homage to the philosopher and the many intellectuals who have contributed to building Vietnam’s scholarly culture.
To finish our day we will have lunch at an antique French style restaurant. We can relax with coffee or tea and admire the ancient French architecture.
• Chua Ly Trieu Quoc Su, 50 Ly Quoc Su, Hang Trong, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi Vietnam
• Phung Hung Mural Street, Phung Hung Street Old Quarter, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
• Temple of Literature & National University, Quoc Tu Giam Street Dong Da District, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
• Dien Bien Phu, Dien Bien Phu, Dien Bien Province
• Statue of King Le Thai To, 16 Le Thai To, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam