Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour
By Vietnam Packages Tour
Hoa Lu is some 110km or 2.5 hours bus from Hanoi. Located near the Ninh Binh city, Hoa Lu is the site of a 10th-century capital of an ancient Vietnamese Kingdom called Dai Co Viet. This small Kingdom covered an area of only 300 hectares, and reigned from the 10th century, during the Dinh and Le dynasties, to the 11th century, during the Ly Dynasty. The Kingdom was enclosed by a citadel. The citadel and the Yen Ngua limestone hills provided good defence for this kingdom against the invaders. Not much of this ancient kingdom is left standing. There are two 17th century temples, modelled after their 11th-century originals that are on most itineraries to Hoa Lu. They are the Dinh Tien Hoang Temple (King Dinh temple) and Le Hoan Temple (King Le Temple).
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 5-80, max of 25 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Landing and facility fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Ninh Binh
- Tips for tour guide and driver
- Personal Expenses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Phố Cầu Gỗ, P. Cầu Gỗ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 198450P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour?
- Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour price starts from $37.95. Discover and book Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour cancellation policy?
- Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour?
- Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour is hosted by Vietnam Packages Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Vietnam Packages Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 10h. Discover and book Hoa Lu- Tam Coc 1 Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 198450P4
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atPhố Cầu GỗOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Ninh Binh Hidden Charm Hotel & ResortStop: 30 minutes - Admission included08:30 – Our guide will meet you at your hotel/stay and start 120km modern bus-journey through verdant landscape. Stop over for a rest on the way. 10:30 – Arrive Hoa Lu, once ancient capital of Vietnam dating back to the 11th century. Having been eroded over the millennia, the dilapidated ruins have nearly been absorbed by the spectacular scenery creating a mystical atmosphere that will besure to titillate your imagination, visit King Dinh and Le Temple. 12:00 – Enjoy a lavish buffet lunch in a local restaurant, a great place to savor the intense flavours of Vietnamese food then go to Tam Coc for a stunning boat trip. 13:00 – Board the sampan boats, owned by locals, gently sailing along Ngo Dong river, capturing the wonderful scenery of Karst hills, rice fields, and peaceful villages, and passing “Hang Ca”, “Hang Hai” and “Hang Ba”. 15:00 – Leisurely cycling on country road around village 16:00 – Get on shuttle bus to return to Hanoi 18:30 – Drop off at your hotel/ accommodation’s door steps in Hanoi Old Quarter. Trip ends.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Mekong one day tour
Very good value trip, good insight into Mekong delta . Tour guide TANH was excellent and professional .lot of diffe…
Collected from hotel on time at 8.30am. Spent the whole day touring the city and back to hotel at 5pm. Saw all the …
A Great Travel Experience!
Our recent trip to Vietnam was amazing. It was a great experience. Excellent arrangements at every point of interac…
Great tour organizations skills; Very responsible and reliable.
Chung and Mai, who run VietRice Travel, are very responsible and committed to their work. You can rely on them to o…
Mr Chung and Mrs Mai wear very helpful to me in organising my ha long bay trip...would highly recommend seeing them…
VietRice Travel! Best travel agency in Hanoi!
Welcoming, friendly, polite, helpful, kind, warmhearted, hard working, dynamic are words that best describe the sta…
Lied to, took our money and sent us to the wrong city
I just had a similar experience to the last review talking about the two boat tours. Short story, I bought a bus …
I highly recommend not booking through this agency. They totally scammed me, my boyfriend and friend. We had sat do…
Off the beaten track
Hi there fellow travelers, I selected Mr. Chung - Vietrice Travel - for the third time, and boy they are really goo…
The BEST agency in Hanoi!
Mr. Chung & his wife Ms. Mai are running the most honest, cheap and reccommended agency in Hanoi. We booked with th…
Great travel service in Hanoi
Hanoi would have not been the same without VietRice Travel. Mai booked for us a great trip to Halong Bay at great p…
Helpful and Friendly
Went for a 10 days trip at Hanoi with my partner. Am really impressed by services provided by VietRice Travel as th…
Highly reccommend this tour operator.
Was just passing by and called into Vietrice by chance, we (family of five) wanted a HaLong Bay cruise. We dealt wi…
Have a great moment in Hanoi
I love this Tour guide, he is helpful kindly and give me best price for the Tour.. I strongly recommended this trav…
Great Travel Agency in Hanoi
Viet Rice Travel provides good service and tour packages at good prices. Despite running on a tight schedule in Han…