The low lying land under Long Bien Bridge in the middle of the Red River in Hanoi is a hidden place unknown to city dwellers. Here living 20 illegal households whose family and belongings are fit in 13sqm floating houses. In more than 15 years, this land has been the place for immigrants & landless citizens to find safety & build new life. In 2006, a local documentary film director worked with 7 children in the boat slum & created the first child-made documentary film called Green Meadow. To these children, life in a village of 20 houses floating on the river is not only poor and full of hardship, but also filled with love and care. Living in a place which most people would consider as a precarious existence, the children think this home of theirs is heaven. Been around the city, Duc has several connections & understand the living conditions of those people here, he gets connected with different NGOs & social organizations to assist them not only living standards but also the job oppor
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, French
What's not included
- Private Car, English Speaking Guide, Entrance fee
- Tips for guides & driver
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 25919P23
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 25919P23
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byHa Noi Gallery
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
My Way Travel
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Joined in July 2014
#68 of 912 Tours & Activities in Ho Chi Minh City
- UnMengT00Cambodia family tripStephen is very responsive in providing us with the itinerary and accommodate our needs. We had a city tour at Phnom Penh and a road trip to Battambang then Angor Wat. The tour guides Baboo and Keo are very friendly and knowledgeable. The drivers are very patient and safe on the roads. Everything went well in the trip and they always give us good recommendation of restaurants! We enjoy our trip very much and will definitely engage this company again for future visits!
- garethbradburn00Another dream trip to Thailand and CambodiaThis was the fourth trip we have done with My Way Travel and arranged by Stephen. As always it was impeccably organised from arriving in Bangkok, flights to Chiang Rai, tour to the elephant sanctuary, to Krabi for a few days at the beach then transfer to Phnom Pen for the higlight of our trip, a cruise up the Mekong on a seriously luxurious boat, then transfer to Seam Riep. The hotels were excellent, the transfers seemless with good english speaking guides. We cannot recommend Stephen more highly.
- _H9884EW00Great holidayThank you. Our whole trip was very well organized!My Way are great professionals! Hope to come back again in Vietnam and Cambodia!
- travelshab00Eight satisfied travelersStephen of My Way Travel planned the entire itinerary for our 13 day tour of Vietnam, Cambodia and Bangkok. There were 8 of us traveling with different interests and we were all pretty satisfied with the choice of hotels, local guides and transportation. We highly recommend My Way Travel and Stephen’s services.
- cate33700Great tour of SapaWe did a custom private tour in Sapa with My Way Travel in January. We coordinated our trip with Stephen and our guide was Ha. Ha was excellent!!! We enjoyed our two day tour and appreciated having such a pleasant and knowledgeable guide! Not only did Ha know a lot about the area he was guiding us through, but he was happy to talk with us about the different Vietnamese traditions and cultures of the local villages we visited. Thanks for a great experience!
- SteffMill00Fantastic Private Tour Company - Highly Recommend!Such an amazing experience in Indochina, and we owe it all to Stephen and the team at My Way Travel! Every last detail was flawless. He really listened to our needs and expertly tailored a fantastic trip through Vietnam and Cambodia. We loved working with all the private guides which enhanced our understanding of the phenomenal (and breathtaking) sites. We were most impressed with how smoothly the transitions between cities were. We've traveled with other private tours in the past, and airport pickups and transit were always a sticking point. MyWay Travel had responsible tour guides meet us and bring us to hotels/sites in comfortable & spacious vans equipped with A/C and drinking water. It was such a pleasure to have all transportation and connections taken care of so we didn't have to worry about catching an Uber or finding a bus route. Every accommodation was absolutely perfect as well. Beautiful hotels with great amenities, all a stone's throw away from lively restaurant scenes. Favorites: Hoi An was our favorite city. Stunningly beautiful at night. Our favorite day-trip was the bumble-basket boat tours w/ vegetable village and lantern making. Also loved Saigon City. Really, we just loved all of it! Word of Caution: Get your Vietnam Visa as soon as possible. Ours took longer than promised and we were about 30 seconds away from an additional $700 rush charge to get ours in hand before flying - before they miraculously appeared in my inbox. It says "3 days" however it took us about 8... it's "3 days" of processing time, but not actual delivery.
- alexanderboshoff00Expert Visa Assistance and Airport TransferMyWayTravel was excellent in assisting me as a South African traveller, to get the Vietnam Tourist Visa and invitation letter. Stephen goes out of his way to make an expensive and complicated process, more affordable and convenient. MyWayTravel also arranged great airport transfers with friendly, helpful and knowledgeable drivers.
- Vinaivishwanath00Amazing private tour of VietnamStephen is absolutely amazing!!! He gave us a custom built tour for our family, which included hotels, private tour guide and driver in a luxurious van. Trong, our tour guide even got my adventurous son, a very interesting exotic cuisine. I highly recommend My Way Travel!!!!
- 801erikm00Vietnam-Cambodia-ThailandWe have just returned from a 16 Day/15 Night trip to southeast Asia including stops in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand planned by Stephen at My Way Travel. We reached out to My Way Travel with quite a tall order asking them to arrange a trip for us that included visiting 9 cities in 15 nights! From the first point of contact, our experience with My Way Travel was absolutely fantastic. Stephen was very attentive and let us customize our tour however we pleased. All of the hotels he booked for us were incredible and the tour guides and drivers made us feel like family. It was very easy to keep in touch with Stephen throughout our trip via Whatsapp. The only thing we really needed during our trip was to add baggage for one of our flights and he was able to take care of it the day before we arrived at the airport. All the drivers/guides showed up on time and made transferring from airport to hotel to tour to wherever extremely easy. I will definitely recommend this company to anyone that plans on traveling to southeast Asia.
- Z9524GJstevenh00GeatMy last trip to Vietnam was made so eaay using Stephen at My Travel services From the time i spoke to stephen, it was a matter of just spending my information to him and he arranged everything for my 3 month visa for the purpose of my visit and hotels I highly recommend Stephen at My travel. For the friendly professional services provided to me well done and Thank you.
- 90ivag00Great experience!We had a very good time in Vietnam and Siem Reap in Cambodia in October (12 days). The guides was friendly, punctual and halpfull. Everything was very good organised. Real pleasure! Stephen responded very quickly to every question! Thank you for the nice experience!
- DigitaN0mad00Visa process made easyStephen from Myway Travel provided me with an hassle-free and seamless experience in securing a business visa for me in Vietnam. He was very responsive and attentive with any inquiries I had about the process, and I got the visa much faster than expected. I would highly recommend Myway Travel for visa or tour-related services. Thanks Stephen!
- Devske9200Great experienceRecently I had the pleasure of using Mr Stevens services for my trip to Viet Nam, he was able to secure me a 3 month visa for the purpose of my trip to Viet Nam a quick and delightful service by a friendly professional company! Thank you 💝😊
- kaldmahan00Great experienceFantastic experience, the tour guides were punctual and very friendly. Tour was very organised and engaging. Overall highly recommend, thank you for a great time!
- 537chaa00Smooth process of VN entry permitDuy truong of My way travel is very helpful in applying my wife’s business visa, we have lots of questions but he is very patient in answering those. No hassle at all from the start until we arrive here in Vietnam. I really love that he always replies quickly to our queries. Will surely recommend him to our friends. Kudos to you Mr. Duy! Thank you so much!