Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This Hanoi Street Food Tour is a quick, but thorough look at the cuisine of Hanoi’s Old Quarter; the centre of the capital and home to its most diverse range of dishes. The famous 36 Guild Streets of Hanoi were built up over hundreds of years by craftsmen and traders coming from specialist villages country-wide. During their migration to Hanoi, they brought many different facets of food that were welcomed in Hanoi and blended with the existing food culture here, leaving a new, indelible mark on the Asian street food scene. Come with us on the Hanoi Street Food Tour as we take a look at the past and present of Hanoi’s most delicious dishes. Our guide is an internationally renowned food blogger and local of Hanoi, meaning he knows exactly what places to take visitors overwhelmed by Hanoi’s array of eating options. He will help us speak to locals about their wide-ranging stories and asking the ‘what’ and ‘how’ of cooking Vietnamese food.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Old QuarterStop: 2 hours - Admission includedPut on a pair of comfortable walking shoes and join some fellow foodies for the Hanoi Street Food Tour! We will pick you up from your hotel at around 05.30 pm; try to save your appetite for the evening as we will be eating a lot! We set off around the Old Quarter, keeping our eyes peeled and our noses primed for the most alluring pieces of street food. When we see something we like the look of, we’ll share a few dishes between the group before moving to the next delicious destination. Our impassioned foodie tour guide will take you to all of the local places; down the tiny alleyways and hidden corners of Hanoi’s Old Quarter district looking for the most genuine food available. Along the way, check out the vast selection of Hanoi classics as well as dishes that are off most tourists’ radars. We will look out for dishes like Bun Bo, Banh Cuon, Cha Ca and Bun Rieu Cua as well as the more popular ones of Banh Mi and Pho. We will finish with a delicious Ca Phe Trung (Egg Coffee) at the end. Return to your hotel at around 08.00 PM. Get a slice of local life by living and eating locally on our Hanoi Street Food Tour!Read more
- Street food with different dishes
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Old Quarter
- Beverages and other meals not suggested in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Can I just start with saying ' Vietnamese food is incredible' it is light but filling, tasty but not overpowering. One of the best ways to experience any culture is by trying the local food, it can tell a story and more so with street food because that's what locals eat and…
1 Helpful vote
Firstly I would like to thank Ms Trang Thuy from the tour operator who introduced this tour to us. Thanks to her recommendations, we also went for the Halong Bay Escape Sails tour and Nimh Binh & Trang An tour. She took the effort to explain all the different tours and came to…
Date of experience: December 2019
2 Helpful votes
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Incredible Asia Journeys
Comfortable, Relaxing Experience
Comfortable, exclusive, relaxing. Everything was arranged for us. It's a very well planned tour. Highlights inclu…
I booked a Halong Bay one day tour with Incredible Asia Journey. The booking process was done through whatsapp whic…
Tet Hmong immersion travel to Sapa.
I had friends some Hmong women friends in Sapa from previous trips to VietNam and wanted to visit for the Asian New…
Luxurious day cruise of Halong bay!
We had a comfortable and memorable day trip to Halong bay with Jade sails. They are relatively new but were very pr…
Incredible Asia Journeys
I have been dealing with Tony from Incredible Asia Journeys for several months, organising the trip of a lifetime i…
Excellent tour agency for all around Vietnam
This is part 2 of my review. I posted part 1 in October 2019 before the trip (entitled "Excellent communication..."…
I booked my trip with Linh and she was really helpful even at the last minute when there's a slight changes to my t…
Easy process with Incredible Asia Journeys
My partner and I booked our V’Spirit Premier cruise through Incredible Asia Journeys. Gam helped us with any enquir…
This was definitely one of the greatest highlights of Vietnam! From beginning to end: an overall amazing experience…
First Class Experience
From the beginning to the end, everything about this day trip was first class! We were picked up in a luxury van i…
Beautiful place, minimal travel, maximum delight
We were picked up from the hotel at a very punctual time and in a very comfortable bus. The journey to the jetty wa…
6D5N tour in Hànoi, Ninh Binh and Halong Bay
Wonderful tour.. highly recommended. The choice of hotels and cruise in Halong Bay was incredible. Accommodation wa…
Halong one day cruise
This cruise is value for money. Trip from hanoi to halong and back is by luxury Van via highway. Takes two and half…
this company is the best one i have ever seen, this cruise company makes creative but also delicious meals the sta…
Private Ben Tre trip from HCMC with Jimmy
Had a great day away from the city yesterday to visit Ben Tre province and the Mekong Delta. We had a relaxing 2h d…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Culinary & Gourmet Tour
Popular: Booked by 2,342 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 170 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Street Food Tour in Hanoi
What time does Street Food Tour in Hanoi start?
Street Food Tour in Hanoi will start at 5:30 PM. Discover and book Street Food Tour in Hanoi on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Street Food Tour in Hanoi?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Street Food Tour in Hanoi on Tripadvisor
How much is Street Food Tour in Hanoi?
Street Food Tour in Hanoi price starts from $41.54. Discover and book Street Food Tour in Hanoi on Tripadvisor
What is the Street Food Tour in Hanoi cancellation policy?
Street Food Tour in Hanoi cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Street Food Tour in Hanoi on Tripadvisor