per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Hong
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
- Immersive cultural and culinary experience
- Departure details
- Phố Lương Ngọc Quyến, P. Lương Ngọc Quyến, Phố cổ Hà Nội, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam Meet at your host Hong's home. The house is in the heart of the Old Quarter. From here, you will walk to the market for your market tour.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P432
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi?
- Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi price starts from $108.00. Discover and book Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi cancellation policy?
- Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi?
- Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi is hosted by Traveling Spoon. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Traveling Spoon on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P432
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Joined in April 2017
#43 of 240 Classes & Workshops in Hanoi
- foof52700Cha ca grilled fish noodlesI eat a lot of Vietnamese food so I had high expectations for this class, my friends and I loved it! One friend is vegetarian and Hong was able to come up with a great vegetarian substitute to include him. Would definitely recommend this experience if you are a food aficionado.
- davidcriches00Great food great experienceIt is always a great way to experience a city and it’s culture when you are able to go into someone’s home and learn to cool with them This is a great event hosted by a lovely mother and daughter, the food was the tastiest we have eaten in vietnam
- marissao27000The best dinner!Going to a foreign country can be a bit daunting. Hang was so communicative and helpful leading up to our visit and even warmer when she welcomed us into her home. It was as good of an experience as I could have hoped for and more. The food Hang and her mom (Hong) prepared for us was amazingly delicious. The entire meal presentation and family style dinner really helped envelope us in the Vietnamese lifestyle and culture. I would recommend anyone curious about this hosted dinner experience to take the chance with Hang and her family. (Hang if you’re reading this, thank you so much and thank you for all your recommendations for other things to do during our visit to Vietnam as well!)
- Jjplank00Market tour and cooking tour in HanoiOur family of 7 had a wonderful market and cooking afternoon and evening with Hang. From the minute we met Hang and her mom they were so hospitable and informative. They answered any questions we had and gave us great insight into Vietnamese food from shopping for the food to preparing it. The ultimate meal was delicious and we also really appreciated Hang’s humor and kindness. AWESOME experience
- charlottesO9224AF00Great nightMyself, husband, brother and his partner visited Hang in her home a few nights ago to learn to cook Vietnamese food. Their home is in the old quarter steps away from beer corner very easy to find. We felt very welcome by all of Hangs family. We sat down to refreshing Vietnamese drinks and Hang explained to us how they were made. We then started preparing our meal. We made spring rolls, salad, grilled fish. It was all very hands on and fun to learn. We then sat down to a beer and dinner. It was delicious, I especially loved the grilled fish. Hangs mum helped us cook the food also she was very knowledgeable. It was great to meet them all, we had a great night. We look forward to trying to cook the foods again.
- PIWNJNCC00Amazing experience and lovely hospitalityOn the morning of my last day in Hanoi (while on a business trip), I visited Hang in her home in the Old Quarter. We walked to the nearby market and she generously answered my many questions. I saw some silkworms that I was curious about and she kindly bought some for us to cook. Back at her house, we prepared many delicious dishes and talked about a wide variety of topics. She's incredibly warm and kind and great to talk with. This class is a great way to get a new perspective on Vietnam and to meet wonderful people!
- mkriebel00Fantastic feast and cooking lessonMy friend and I booked this class a day in advance and Hang was kind enough accept on such short notice. She is super knowledgeable about Vietnamese cooking and explained that most she learned from her mother, whom we had the pleasure of meeting at the end. We couldn’t finish all the food we made. This evening was my favorite experience in Hanoi in our 5 day stay. And, her English is exceptional!
- robbo111100I highly recommend this courseThank you so much Maia for a wonderful cooking class. It started with a tour of the local market before returning to Maia's home for a cooking class. My 11 and 9 year old sons got right into the food preparation. It was particularly nice to feel like you made a real connection with life in Vietnam - which is hard to do sometimes as a tourist. We all felt it was a highlight of our trip. Thank you again, Maia!
- Mariav V00Tasty spring pork rollsTo celebrate my daughter and my birthday our family decided to go to cooking school while visiting Hanoi. Hang Nguyen and her mother instructed us on how to make amazing spring rolls, Viet salad and fish dish.Hang was easy to follow and the finished product was amazing. Her home was welcoming as were her 2 beautiful girls. We would definately recommend to friends and family for an authentic Hanoi experience.
- Susan L00Dinner with new friendsWe had a lovely evening with Hang and Hong in their home in the Old Quarter. We were treated like friends at a dinner party while learning to make 3 local dishes. We so enjoyed learning about them and their family and seeing the Old Quarter from a new perspective. Great experience!
- Jonathan K00Friendly, educational, delicious and authenticMy girlfriend and I visited Maia's home in Hanoi while on vacation in SE Asia. We were looking for a hands-on introduction to Vietnamese food and found exactly what we were wanted in this experience. Maia was a delight to spend an evening with, knowledgeable about her craft, and very hospitable. Would recommend to anyone looking to learn about authentic Vietnamese food in an intimate setting.
- Lauren M00A definite MUST DO in Hanoi!Our cooking class with Hong and Hang was the highlight of our stay in Hanoi! With expert guidance we created an authentic Vietnamese feast, including banana blossom salad, char grilled catfish and fried spring rolls. We enjoyed getting our hands dirty learning all the recipes, and even had the chance to cook on a charcoal bbq off the edge of the balcony! The food was all to die for, and we left the night with completely stuffed bellies, but what impressed us even more than the food was how open and welcoming our hosts were. Arriving in a brand new country can be overwhelming, but Hong and Hang make you feel like you're at home. In fact, the night that we had booked our cooking class happened to be Hang's daughter's birthday and they invited us to join their family celebration, complete with birthday cake! I would highly recommend this class to anyone who loves food, and would like to fully immerse themselves in authentic Vietnamese family and culture. We can't wait to try out all our new Vietnamese recipes back home in Sydney. Thank you Hong & Hang!!
- Abigail B00Maia was great!Maia was a lovely host! She met us exactly where she specified, hopped into our cab to get to the market, and was very knowledgeable about showing us around. The cooking class experience in her home was lovely - her home was very clean and a great space for doing some cooking. Maia was great at letting us help with the process, explaining the dishes, and telling us about Hanoi and Vietnam. The one thing I'd say is that I was really looking forward to the market tour, but unfortunately the market isn't really open at night. There were a few open stalls, but most everything closes after the morning. I wish there had been a notification about this, as I might have changed our plans to a different tour time.
- John R00Personal, Interactive Culinary experienceMaia has a bubbling witty personality and this energy adds greatly to the experience. I have done an individual course with her two years ago which was absolutely wonderful - she took me to her local market, then put me to work as we made various dishes including Hanoi spring rolls (I rolled about 60!! - great practice for home), pork with quails egg, several vegetable dishes and a soup. This year I brought 8 tour members with me to her home. This was Maia;s first big group and that was evident. The food was delicious but we did not do as much hands-on cooking as my friens would have liked. I talked to Maia baout this afterwards and she will learn from this and improve things, I know that for sure. My advice; talk through the details of the class with her ahead of time if you are in a large group (more than 4) and then TRUST HER to come through......In my experience she always does!
- Joshua H00A warm and welcoming family mealOur visit to Hang and Hong's home was a real highlight of our Hanoi stay. Hanoi for us was full of kind, friendly people, and none were more memorably welcoming than this family. They were a delight to spend time with. The food we helped prepare was delicious, as was the experience of cooking it over open coals on the balcony, as a sea of humanity passed over the street beneath us. We had a long conversation over (and after) dinner, filled with laughter and good cheer, and left feeling thankful of the time we had to spend in this lovely home. Our son loved playing with Hong's daughter, Minh, and she kindly gave him a wind up toy upon our departure that he STILL treasures, 6 months on. Basically, we had a great experience, and I'd recommend their home to anyone who is interested in local Hanoi people, their food, and their culture.
Buy it with
Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi provided by Traveling Spoon
Product Overview: Private Market Tour and Vietnamese Cooking Class in the Heart of Hanoi
Number of Photos